Let us not be divided....

CaleyD

We are where we are, not everyone is in agreement as to how it happened, whether or not it should have happened and if it was avoidable...but right now, that matters not.

The points on the board are fixed, they are in the past, we can do nothing about them and every moment spent pondering over them is a moment less spent on getting us over the final hurdle and getting the one point we need to secure SPL status for next season.

It's a big ask, and it will be beyond some, but can we set aside all the other stuff and just get behind ICT until that objective is achieved?

I'm not asking anyone to support a manager, player, board member or anyone else they may have an issue with....I'm asking that everyone show support for the one thing that binds us all....Inverness Caledonain Thistle FC.

If you are able, then get along to the game on Wednesday night. I know some people are at the stage of not wishing to part with any more money and/or effort to watch the team this season, but if the fans aren't willing to step up to the plate when it's needed to do everything in their power to help and support ICT then who is?

If you aren't willing, then I ask that choose not to beat up on those who are just because they choose to be a little more positive, objective or supportive. If you want to brand such people as happy clappers, wearers of rose tinted specs, delusional or whatever....then can you please save it until the job is done (or not done and you can gloat and come back with all the "told you so's" you like).

If any of the players happen to be reading this, then I make the same plea to you. Forget everything up until now and put every moment of thought and preparation into giving Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC your best game when you take to the park against Dunfermline, and if it doesn't happen against Dunfermline then take it to St Mirren and if needs be on against Hibs.

ICT's biggest strength has always been that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Let us not be divided, let us not be conquered.

• Agree 20

I'll be there, just as always. I don't mind being called a happy clapper - I've likely been called worse over the years! I don't think I have rose-tinted specs,but I do support my team, through thick and thin, and so, very well said Don.

Come on, ICT, show us true spirit, especially now when its needed. We really don't want a last day of the season scenario v Hibs, that would be too much to bear.

• Agree 1

Anyone can give up - it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell appart, that's true strength.

What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this vey moment you can choose to make very thing new - starting today / tonight.

Admirable words and nice to see some words of encouragement, committment and passion instead of anger, frustartion and personal jibe. The togetherness of this squad appears to have been torn apart and disintegrated and even a percentage of the support are ICT till they die but fear for the future of the club. Lets face it - we should never have been in this position in the first place and if this type of spirit was being advocated by those in charge and taken on by those wearing the shirt then ditto.

It is only a step from boredom to disillusionment, which leads naturally to self-pity, which in turn ends in chaos.

And to quote ma old mate Buddha : I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.

In the first season in the SPL and we were facing something similar and I truly did believe with a passion and you could feel it on the pitch and in the stands - tonight I hope and pray.

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I'm polishing up my rose tinted glasses......and I'm ready to do some 'happy clapping'

Go on ICT you know you can do it. We are all behind you willing you on whether at the match or not, some of us cant be there for very good reasons but we will be listening in and urging you on.

Go to it lads, think of those games against County,....................... on second thoughts just concentrate on WINNING!!!!!!!!!!

I'm puttting you down for a five nil win.................... :love02:

Certainly hope that there is a decent turn out for this. The longer the season has drawn on the greater feeling of apathy I have had however it has not meant I have stopped supporting my club. Will be there tomorrow with the hope we can pick up a good result and end the season well which should hopefully raise anticipation for us all for next season and a first season with proper derbies

Excellent post CaleyD. It's been a horrible season but let's show that as a support we can be there to encourage the team in the bad times as well as the good, whatever our opinions are.