Embarrassing Support

Jaggie994

Can certainly guarantee jaggie994 is not a county fan. And for the person that said he should have been at st Johnstone and Aberdeen, he was cause I was with him. And from memory atmosphere at both games were terrible.

IIRC he was the same guy who said something along the lines of 'Meekings has done more in 5 minutes than Munro in his whole career' so TBH I wouldn't pay much heed to anything he says. Utter WUM/Troll.

• Agree 2

Can certainly guarantee jaggie994 is not a county fan. And for the person that said he should have been at st Johnstone and Aberdeen, he was cause I was with him. And from memory atmosphere at both games were terrible.

im talking about aberdeen away a couple weeks ago. we won 1-0 and we sang most the game. and st johnstone we sang for the first 20-25 minutes, then thins got awkward because of a disagreement over the no surrender jonny tuffey song. and then we all started singingn one step beyond. the game ended 0-0.

if your not happy with the atmosphere you should try do something about it. bring a drum to an away game. start some chant. etc. whinning about it on the forum does feck all.

its the same point that comes up every time on here at least twice a season.

Edited by lukemackay

I hate all this Poznan nonsense. Utterly cringeworthy. Same as 'Ultras' groups in Scotland, absolutely awful.

The best atmosphere I've seen at a Caley game recently was the game where we beat Dunfermline before we were promoted and it came through that Dundee were losing and as things stood we were promoted. You really cannot beat that for creating atmosphere at a game. The Queens game just before that was brilliant as well, we probably only had 200-300 fans at it but it was great, real togetherness between the team and support.

• Agree 1

Agreed with lukemackay. Anyone who was at pittodrie a month ago would have witnessed first hand what great supporters we have.

it is not question of our supporters being rubbish but circumstances has led to the home atmosphere being poor. I did not get to to many games before i had a season ticket but i did take in a few 1st division games where the crowd was about 1,500 to 2,000 and the atmosphere was better than now. This is because of terracing where people could stand and jump about which makes a decent atmosphere. The second issue is people can stand where they like which is generally what happens at away games because we have a relatively small away support and so wont sell out the away ends meaning people can choose where they can sit and the people who want to sing can band together. At home everyone has a seat and season ticket holders buy their seat because they like where they sit. Not all of these people want to sing and make noise which means it is hard to group people together and then the lopsided nature of our stadium means that we struggle to trap any noise generated. So it is not our supporters that is embarrassing as many away day has showed where with about 200-300 we can out sing home fans but circumstances out with our control. And if im being critical quite a few home supports i have seen in the spl are just as similar to ours. St Johnstone were terrible, st mirren had one area with little noise, Kilmarnock make more more noise away, dunfermiline for a team in trouble made very little noise on the two visits ive been apart from when they scored.