ICT -V- Dunfermline

Scotty

I know .... just dont like the idea of thinking Aberdire are our saviours :lol:

Defending a 0-0 is never a good idea ... for one, I am not sure we can do it, and if nothing else it gets pretty frustrating for fans to watch ..... attack is the best form of defence has always been my mantra

A big relief tonight!!!! :drinking05: No changes in the performance it seems and a goaless draw with Dunfermline at home (albeit they're fighting for their survival) is poor at best, but hopefully we can change it in the summer and approach the SPL!!! with a bit of realistic optimism and none of this 'top six' rubbish! :bouncyblue: :bouncyblue: :bouncyblue: :bouncyblue:

What a hideous game, between two utterly dreadful teams. Steve Paterson's ICT side from a decade ago would have walked all over both these sides. This was the sort of match which makes me think that, in the event of a goalless draw, neither team should get any points. I feel ashamed that we felt the need to take the ball to the corner flag at the end, rather than go for a winner - there are 2 games left for goodness sake, it wasn't the last match of the season. So little happened that the BBC highlights will have to show the minutes silence and the mascot's outstanding half-time antics just to make up a full 5 minutes of action.

I can't even say that we were set up to play negatively and go for a draw - we're not well organised enough to manage that. It was the same plan as last week, and the week before that, and the week before that...they say a fool is a man who makes the same mistakes over and over again, but expects different results. Well, the punting high balls at a 5'8" centre forward hasn't worked all season, but we were at it again. Doran and Shinnie looked like they had instructions to get to the byline and cross high balls - to our 5'8" centre forward who had to win a header against to 6ft-plus centre backs.

I'm pretty sure that we weren't playing on a potato patch tonight, but you'd have though otherwise given the abysmal first touches and rotten passing on display for the most part. Foran had a shocker; Tansey played one beautiful Hollywood pass to release McKay in the second half, but that hardly made up for all the much shorter passes he gave straight to opposing players. Graeme Shinnie, like every other time he has played as a wide midfielder this season, looked like a defender who doesn't know how to play as a wide midfielder. Bizarrely, our Plan B in the first half appeared to be to punt high balls at him instead of McKay! I thought Nick Ross at least showed some good touches, and I was disappointed when he was subbed. I felt McKay offered very little, and Tade caused the defenders more hassle in 3 minutes than McKay did in 87.

Our defence were solid enough, but still managed to gift a few chances. None of the back four looked comfortable on the ball for a second, and when Dunfermline pressed high up the pitch we gave the ball away very cheaply. Ryan Esson probably gets my MOTM, simply on the grounds that his handling was assured.

So that's one win in fourteen, and no wins in our last eight home games since 21st January. At least this season is over for us. But I've yet to see any reason why next season won't be just as bad if big changes aren't made.

• Agree 1

Did anyone else think it was very strange that Butcher and Malpas were almost invisible during the game tonight? Butcher was shouting instructions from the dugout but was very reluctant to venture out of it. Malpas, who is normally always visible, was also keeping a low profile. Jeffries on the other hand was out all of the time. Did the game mean more to him??????????????

Any thoughts? Has there been a huge falling out in the dressing room? Or am I reading too much into it?