St Mirren -v- I.C.T.

Scotty

Thoroughly enjoyable day out with the folks and cant wait for away days to start up next season.

Was a very pleasing sight to see the team sheet, aside from Tokely and Hogg it was a team full of depth and a side that looked like they would have helped ICT to a stronger finish this season.

The match itself ws a bit end of seasonsish. I would say we had the bulk of the play but were still lacking confidence in the final third and the Saints always looked dangerous on the break but suffered from the same problem and aside from Ryan Esson making to 1st class saves before half time had little to show for themselves.

It was a game that was likely to be won by a set piece, Foran had already come close before at the back post with only Samson preventing his shot going in but again he wasnt dealt with and Tansey's delivery was immaculate.

The fans were wonderful today as well, full voice and plenty of atmosphere.

While it may not have been perfect i have no doubt that if we could add a few more quality players to this side we could really push on next season, this team has so much potential and if it is tapped into they are defnitely capable of great things...roll on 2012-13.

• Agree 2

If they were still there we could always shop in Barney's or Hetty's to keep trade in Sneck or am I edging off-topic ?

If they were still there (and I think Barney's still is) you would pay well above the odds if you patronised either of these well established Sneck institutions. But on the opther hand you could buy a player right up until midnight - even on Christmas Day and on Bank Holidays!

pleased with the result. defense was solid, gillet again looked at home at centre half. i think hes actually better there than left back. and golobart was again superb.

greg tansey showed great vision but lacked abit of execution but his delivery from free kicks and corners was superb and led to our goal.

foran won me £25 all is forgiven for his goalscoring mishaps this season. :banana:

hayes, made their left back earn his money same goes for doran until he had to go off, probably precautionary.

a.shinnie, flashes of class again lacking game time, full 90 next week perhaps?

tade, invisible man in the first half, think he just found himself standing in the box waiting for hayes or doran to whip a ball in, both hayes and doran took weight off his shoulders. improved when nick ross came on imo

esson kept us in the gamein the first half, but apart from that was a relatively easy day for him

a hard fought win but well deserved great to see foran get a goal and a enjoyable day out.

good luck hm10

• Agree 1

Enjoyed that. We played some nice passing football and the supporters were great throughout. Having Andrew Shinnie back in the side gives us a bit more creatvitiy going forward and brought the best out of Tansey. I agree with Luke about the defence: I've always liked the look of Gillet and Golobart playing together in the middle. Got to mention Doran too: I've been critical of the way he's seemed reluctant to look for the ball, but he got stuck in yesterday and did very well before going off.

Think this away day will be remembered for a long time! Noisy away crowd with banana and beach ball. Ritchie getting a goal at last. Saying au revoir to the marchers and lastly but most importantly our grand tour of Scotland on our way home. Hope Ritchies friends enjoyed seeing the forth bridges! Lots of laughter thanks to all involved really enjoyed my day out!

• Agree 1

We came, we saw, we conquered....on and off the pitch.

Best away day I have this season for so many reasons. The fans, the result and the (extended) journey home!!!

Just the medicine that was needed at the end of a season that would be better forgotten.

• Agree 3