Possible Transfer Targets

madsooz

Zander Diamond's maybe someone worth looking at. Experienced, but never really fulfilled his potential. Could do a Darren Dods and come good if at a club like this one.

Two things we need are more experianced players and a decent striker. In my opinion David Clarkson fits the bill.

If we are to lose Johnny Hayes in the summer we will be in need of a creative midfield player i.e Ian Black.

While I understand that the playing staff budget may be tight I can't help but point out how lucky we were this season to avoid the drop due to two sides being much worse than us. I can't see Hibs being as weak next season and County have shown with their First Division form that they will be no pushovers. I would consider the likes of Clarkson to be a wise investment.

I think we should look to the Scottish lower leagues for players. They would not demand as high a wage as others, may jump at the chance to play in the top flight and would be more likley to show passion for the club than a player from England on a six month loan deal. Butcher's transfer policy has not worked

Its not just Scotland thats feeling the pinch. The English lower leagues are feeling the pinch and I think there will be some very good players without a club. We should capitalise on this.

Edited by Proctor
  • Agree 2

I don't think the club should resign Jonny Tuffey. Absolutely nothing against the boy but in our situation, with weaknesses to be addressed, carrying two proven experienced keepers is arguably a luxury we can't afford.

Butcher certainly should look to the SFL for players I very much doubt that he will.

• Agree 1

Joe Cardle could be a decent replacement for Hayes should he leave, also agreed with Proctor. Lower leagues wouldn't be a bad place to look for talent, lads like Michael McGowan at Ayr or John Baird at Raith, guys who i'm sure would jump at the chance to get to the SPL.

David Clarkson would be a superb signing but as has been well documented his wages may be a stumbling block, however Tel and Mo and maybe even Richie Foran might be able to at least spend a season here, same case with Blackie.

Wouldnt mind Diamond but think he'll stay South, i noticed one of Terry's old players Brian McLean has struggled to get into the Preston team, i remember him being decent for Motherwell a few seasons back and he may see regular football as tempting enough to come North. Gotta try and look at bringing back Golobart too, given the progress he has made with us.

Also i think right back needs to be looked at. Most people want Proctor gone and Piermayr has been rather in and out of the team and should they both go that just leaves Meekings who has blown hot and cold a bit recently so it may be an area we need to look at come transfer time.

Adebayo Akinfenwa at Northampton, and Izale McLeod at Barnet have both got decent scoring records over the years. Both could do a good job for us, and wouldnt cost the earth in wages. Worth a punt

While we are on the subject of strikers would Gary Glen maybe be worth a punt at Hearts, i think he is being freed at the end of the season. His record isn't much to go on given he barely gets a game but he always seems to play well whenever he does.

Does Butcher really rate Greg Tansey? In what way?

Having moved on I can't see Ian Black doing a pack and coming back.

If Tade is going to be a reguar in the team who is going to be given the task of supplying him with passes....eh?

Terry, I do fear that you may be able to stave off relegation again with the current squad, but getting into the top six is a figleaf of your imagination,. injuries or no injuries.

What you need is players of real experience and proven records. But maybe the budget will not be able to swing it?

Similar in herald also. Transfer expectations to be realigned accordingly....

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/butcher-faces-further-cost-cutting-at-highland-club.17533278

Would still like to see a few more young players coming through next season with the acquisition of an older head (or two) for the defence depending on who is staying :ponder:

Similar in herald also. Transfer expectations to be realigned accordingly....

http://www.heraldsco...d-club.17533278

Would still like to see a few more young players coming through next season with the acquisition of an older head (or two) for the defence depending on who is staying :ponder:

completely agree!!

Terry Butcher, the Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager, has accepted he will be working under even tighter financial restrictions next season.

As if things werent tight enough they are set to be tighter! there is bound to be plenty of youngsters released from bigger clubs over the summer, might be worthwhile taking a risk (not financial) and going with youth

I can see more of our own youngsters getting the chance.

Don't think the quality is there Alex. The best we have are getting a wee chance now.

Am I missing something, haven't seen any youngsters being blooded. I'm sure there are some young lads who Butcher should be giving a chance against Hibs this week-end. There is no pressure, so give youth a fling and let them express themselves.

• Agree 1

From what Golobart is saying on his facbook page i think he has 1 more year left on his Wigan contract. Was Doran not in a similar position when we signed him?

I can see more of our own youngsters getting the chance.

Don't think the quality is there Alex. The best we have are getting a wee chance now.

Am I missing something, haven't seen any youngsters being blooded. I'm sure there are some young lads who Butcher should be giving a chance against Hibs this week-end. There is no pressure, so give youth a fling and let them express themselves.

I'm sure Butcher is a better judge than us Donview (or he should be). From what I hear, there is very little in the U19's other than Polworth and Christie and that is probably the best we can expect considering the small investment the CLUB makes to this area. I'm sure Polworth and Christie will get their chance when they are ready but we will just have to do with Ross and Sutherland at the moment.