Possible Transfer Targets

madsooz

The Greig lad in the youth squad could be good, the boy is lightening fast and if hayes does goto the granite city i doubt we'd have to look to far to replace him.

hopefully morrison will get some good game time in Iceland and be ready for 1st team football in the new season, a decent holding CM player who might be able to pick up the slack if Foran needs to be rotated.

• Agree 1

Butcher, meanwhile, admits there's no chance that Caley Thistle can land Ian Black and David Clarkson in the summer transfer chase.

The Inverness CT boss said he'd love to bring Black, who is leaving Hearts, back to the Highland capital plus lure David Clarkson, who he managed at Motherwell, to the Highlands from Bristol City.

With talks with his current squad on ice until after the Clydesdale Bank SPL visit of Hibernian on Saturday, he stressed that stars like Black and Clarkson are not within their price range.

He said: "People have asked me whether I'd want these players here and, of course I would. However, they are light years away from what we could afford. There are many other clubs who could pay well beyond what we could afford, so we'll have to look elsewhere.

"Obviously I know David from our time at Motherwell, when I gave him his debut at the club, while Blacky had a great time in Inverness before, so we'd love to have them here. It would be a real boost if they did come here, but that won't happen.

Confirming what we all thought

Article: http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Inverness-Caley-Thistle/Miller-blow-has-clubs-on-edge-7881645.htm

This is my first post on the forum so I'd like to suggest some players who played in youth setups in Premiership and are now (I believe) without a club. Just like Black and Rankin came from Premiership teams after being released.

What about Robbie Threlfall, Chris Oldfield and Febian Brandy?

Imagine Brandy might command a hefty wage but think Threlfall could be eager to seal a deal in the SPL... Just not sure we need another LB or GK (know Tuffey is likely to leave but think our youths should be given first chance).

KD

It was on BBC Sport Scotland's gossip page that Raith Rovers may struggle to re-sign their best players because they can only afford to offer players part-time contracts. In this case I think we should take a look at John Baird.

He was on great form for Raith Rovers the season they were pushing for promotion (13 goals), he has worked with Tade before too. I'm sure he would like a shot at the SPL and wouldn't command a hefty wage.

I have to admit though when I see Butcher's interview above I'm not filled with confidence regarding our summer wheelings and dealings. I suppose he can only work with what he is given.

We had Brandy on trial before didnt we?

Agreed with Proctor Baird may well be a smart purchase, he's been fairly prolific for the last couple of seasons.

Why don't we look through the Highland League for players? Given that Forres have just won the title they must surely have one or two young likely lads who would welcome th chance to go full time. Somewhere in all the teams in the Highland League there just must be a gem waiting to be given a chance.

The player budget is being cut so I think we'll see a few youngsters coming in next season.

It was only last month that it was reported that some of the Muirfield Mills money was going to spend to enhance the playing squad. I wonder if that's still the case.

I see that Hearts have a couple of 19 year olds who have just been released from Real Madrid (came through their youth system) on a weeks trial. One is a goalkeeper and the other a centre forward. If they are any good (and should be) I would imagine they would have a better chance of first team football with ICT rather than Hearts.

With regard to the post from 'giveme a ccccc' in relation to HL players I made such a suggestion at a Supporters Trust Q&A session a few years ago (using Richie Hart as an example) and I was practically laughed out of the building by the panel. I still believe that an odd useful player could be picked up from HL teams.

• Agree 1

Williams liked it up here i think and if Butcher is as intent as he is in keeping the squad together then its perfectly understandable if he does try to bring him back. Thought he was decent when he played.

Williams liked it up here i think and if Butcher is as intent as he is in keeping the squad together then its perfectly understandable if he does try to bring him back. Thought he was decent when he played.

After his recent altercation in training and after lunch with our blued eyed Captain I don't think Butcher will be asking him back!

I see that Stevie Williams has been told by Phil Parkinson that he's free to find another club.

Also, there is a couple of good defenders and a goalie being released, worth a look?

http://www1.skysport...t-gets-underway.

NO ! having seen these players first hand there is a reason they are being released from a team that finished almost bottom of the 4th teir of english football , mainly that they are crap

Lower leagues it is then. Lets hope Tel can unearth some Gems.

Ryan Wallace at East Fife looks good. Scored over 20 goals this season and Caley do seem to have a knack for getting the best out of lower league strikers.

• Agree 1

I quite like David Graham of Dunfermline. Tricky wide player with a bit of pace and he is out of contract.

Bobby Barr of Livingston looks decent but I think he would command a fee.

• Agree 1

Joe Cardle is another Pars player who looked decent. Got Pars player of the year and has always been their main source of creativity whenever ive seen him.

Guest Mahonio

I see that Warren Cummings of Bournemouth has been released, worth a look?

I think he is a former Scotland International but i could be wrong.

Why don't we look through the Highland League for players? Given that Forres have just won the title they must surely have one or two young likely lads who would welcome th chance to go full time. Somewhere in all the teams in the Highland League there just must be a gem waiting to be given a chance.

Having been to more Forres games than ICT games this season I am going to claim the role as chief scout... There is a pair of 18/19 year old twins at Forres, Lee and Graham Fraser, who are way beyond HL standard, they used to be at County but upon leaving school and getting full time apprenticeships at a building firm they decided to play their football closer to their home. There was rumoured interest from Newcastle in one as well as definite interest from Aberdeen so its not just me who rates them. One is a centre forward, who made a complete mess of David Proctor in the NoS Cup Final and finished the season as Forres' top scorer with 17 goals despite his season being cut short in January by a broken knee cap, the other wants to be a centre half but has been playing as a full back for the Can Cans and been bloomin excellent.

There are definitely unpolished gems to be unearthed in the HFL and it is a great breeding ground for youngsters. The difference in Graeme Shinnie following his Forres loan spell was quite phenomenal. Which begs the question why we don't farm out more youngsters? Surely a season in the HL is worth far more than a season playing U19s

• Agree 2