Possible Transfer Targets

madsooz

Lower leagues it is then. Lets hope Tel can unearth some Gems.

Ryan Wallace at East Fife looks good. Scored over 20 goals this season and Caley do seem to have a knack for getting the best out of lower league strikers.

Heard Robbo raving about this lad on more than one occassion in commentary late in the season. He seems to think the lad can play at a higher level and is a natural goalscorer, certainly worth a look.

I see that Warren Cummings of Bournemouth has been released, worth a look?

I think he is a former Scotland International but i could be wrong.

Capped by Berti Vogts, which means it doesn't count.

He came on as a sub against Hong Kong, in a team full of Scotland legends like Gareth Williams, Robbie Stockdale, Lee Wilkie, Steven Thompson and Scott Dobie.

• Agree 2

A new keepers is needed and what about Mark Ridgers from Hearts? Also, apparently Kristof Van Hout is nearly out of contract in Belgium. He's the world's tallest player at 6"10!

Stuart Parnaby?

Released by Birmingham last yr then trials with Leeds and Charlton didnt work out but he could do really well in SPL. Plays at either full back or in midfield really versatile. Has Middlesbrough connections, maybe links with Chris Hogg?

I see the ex-Hamilton keeper Tomas Cerny is without a club. A good keeper I always thought, but is he too good to be a back-up?

Cerny is a good keeper, and would be a good replacement for Ryan in a couple year but I doubt Cerny would wait two years for games.

Edited by ICTRoughi

andy greig, and kyle white both look to me like they have quality, pre season will tell whether they are going to get some games next season, both have impressed me of what ive saw of them.

According to bauhaus, Chubbs has been released, and no, I don't understand it either. If bauhaus has info right, and he may very well have, of the nine who were signed to the under 19s from the u-17s in the first year back in the SPL, it looks like only Laing, Whyte and Polworth are still here for next season..I suppose playing in the under-20s.

I saw Chubbs a couple of times at least at Wick, and thought he was a cracking wee player (but bear in mind I know sod all about all the modern methods of playing the game). I take along Dundee supporters to ICT/Wick Academy games (and pay them in as recompense for getting me there and back home) so when I ask "what the hell are they doing reacting like that?" and "aren't they meant to be closing that player down..so why aren't they?" they can explain modern tactics/thinking etc (not that I really understand it yet, and probably never will).

I do sometimes wonder (being of an era when if you were good enough you were also big enough, as well as old enough) if the likes of Jinky Johnstone or Willie Henderson would ever get a game in this modern set-up which seems predicated as much on height and body strength as on the ability to actually play the game superbly. Just read the remarks on here about the lack of height of Mackay causing problems......and as someone of 5ft 1inch, the man seems to me a veritable giant.Young Ryan Christie looks a very good prospect for the future...but as he is kinda height challenged atm, in Scottish football terms, if he doesn't bulk up and acquire some height in the next few years, will he be kept on however good he is technically? It appears that currently, the average height of Scotsmen is an inch shorter than that of Englishmen.....and I do wonder if the English average is the one taken as the UK norm.

As an aside, and just because the research amused me a lot......it appears that Scotsmen are second only to the French re the length of their todgers..(just a shame that Scotsmen also tend to suffer from brewers droop a lot.)

andy greig, and kyle white both look to me like they have quality, pre season will tell whether they are going to get some games next season, both have impressed me of what ive saw of them.

According to bauhaus, Chubbs has been released, and no, I don't understand it either. If bauhaus has info right, and he may very well have, of the nine who were signed to the under 19s from the u-17s in the first year back in the SPL, it looks like only Laing, Whyte and Polworth are still here for next season..I suppose playing in the under-20s.

I saw Chubbs a couple of times at least at Wick, and thought he was a cracking wee player (but bear in mind I know sod all about all the modern methods of playing the game). I take along Dundee supporters to ICT/Wick Academy games (and pay them in as recompense for getting me there and back home) so when I ask "what the hell are they doing reacting like that?" and "aren't they meant to be closing that player down..so why aren't they?" they can explain modern tactics/thinking etc (not that I really understand it yet, and probably never will).

I do sometimes wonder (being of an era when if you were good enough you were also big enough, as well as old enough) if the likes of Jinky Johnstone or Willie Henderson would ever get a game in this modern set-up which seems predicated as much on height and body strength as on the ability to actually play the game superbly. Just read the remarks on here about the lack of height of Mackay causing problems......and as someone of 5ft 1inch, the man seems to me a veritable giant.Young Ryan Christie looks a very good prospect for the future...but as he is kinda height challenged atm, in Scottish football terms, if he doesn't bulk up and acquire some height in the next few years, will he be kept on however good he is technically? It appears that currently, the average height of Scotsmen is an inch shorter than that of Englishmen.....and I do wonder if the English average is the one taken as the UK norm.

As an aside, and just because the research amused me a lot......it appears that Scotsmen are second only to the French re the length of their todgers..(just a shame that Scotsmen also tend to suffer from brewers droop a lot.)

Andy Greig has had his injury problems this year.

I heard that he is looking to play highland league next year so we will probably see him in pre season somewhere. And he will probably score against us.

Whenever I've seen him he has caused defence havoc he's quick has a good touch abit of skill and a good cross. But I've only seen him against highland league opposition. But he always looked the part.

I'd put his release down to misfortune. He dislocated his shoulder early on in the season. And never recovered i imagine. The first couple games he helped make up the numbers on the bench along with Laing. So I thought he would be one of the players butcher would look to bring through into the first team. But that's football I suppose.

Edited by lukemackay

Oddquine, size doesn't matter - it's what you do with it that counts. The problem with MacKay is not his height it's the fact that the tactic has been to play the high ball to him. When he is up against 6' 2" defenders the poor lad doesn't have a chance. If we were to keep it on the deck a lot more I am sure he would be more effective. Butcher has been up against Maradonna and will know from personal experience that small players can cause a problem or two when the ball is on the deck. Small players can still excell in the modern game Lionel Messi is hardly a giant and in the Scottish Cup Final yesterday Ian Black was arguably MOTM (Man of the match - in case David Cameron is reading this)

• Agree 1

Oddquine, size doesn't matter - it's what you do with it that counts. The problem with MacKay is not his height it's the fact that the tactic has been to play the high ball to him. When he is up against 6' 2" defenders the poor lad doesn't have a chance. If we were to keep it on the deck a lot more I am sure he would be more effective. Butcher has been up against Maradonna and will know from personal experience that small players can cause a problem or two when the ball is on the deck. Small players can still excell in the modern game Lionel Messi is hardly a giant and in the Scottish Cup Final yesterday Ian Black was arguably MOTM (Man of the match - in case David Cameron is reading this)

Maradonna was good with high balls too otherwise he would have to lie on the grass to use the hand of god. lol.