Possible Transfer Targets

madsooz

Proctor, we only miss out if we actually go for someone and another team wins out.

Think Elliott is being released because he's a high earner so unless he's likely to take a big drop then I'm sure he wont come to us. Blackie left us for three ttimes what he earned with us and he's now being released along with a few other high earners at Hearts.

Gary Glen would still be a shout, he's shown flashes of quality at Hearts and scored some important goals for them too. Combination of managerial changes and 1 or 2 injuries have haulted his progress but he could defnitely do a job for us.

Austin McCann got released today by Dunfermline.

Along with Hardie, Graham, and Mcdougall

Out of that lot maybe David Graham could do a job for us. I have doubts about the rest

The only person I would ideally like from Dunfermline would be Joe Cardle. As you said David Graham would do a job too. Plenty of options out there.

Graham wouldnt be a bad signing, with Aberdeen sniffing Cardle is unlikely to come here...the rest that got chucked are either old or crap.

Austin McCann got released today by Dunfermline.

Along with Hardie, Graham, and Mcdougall

Out of that lot maybe David Graham could do a job for us. I have doubts about the rest

The only person I would ideally like from Dunfermline would be Joe Cardle. As you said David Graham would do a job too. Plenty of options out there.

Chris Smith and John Potter have been released as well but DONT want them either!

Edited by old caley girl

With all this talk about new players, I had a look up whatever happened to Liam Molesworth (for those who don't remember, he was a cocky little striker that came on trial, apparently thought he was amazing, played one game with the U19s, scored in said game, but was deemed not good enough and not offered a deal). I see he's now playing for Cove FC in the South Australian League. That's basically the third tier of the Adelaide suburbs! He must've been rubbish!

With all this talk about new players, I had a look up whatever happened to Liam Molesworth (for those who don't remember, he was a cocky little striker that came on trial, apparently thought he was amazing, played one game with the U19s, scored in said game, but was deemed not good enough and not offered a deal). I see he's now playing for Cove FC in the South Australian League. That's basically the third tier of the Adelaide suburbs! He must've been rubbish!

It's the 3rd tier of the South Australia set up. There are only 10 teams in the Australia A league and then 10 teams in the divsions at SA state level. His team are top of the division so you could say they are ranked 22nd in South Australia. It is therefore not as bad as it first appears. We may be talking Highland League level perhaps but the lad has scored 6 goals in 4 appearances so clearly has some potential. It will be worth keeping tabs on what he achieves.

Guest Mahonio

Jon Nurse got released by Dagenham and Redbridge, i am certain he was Daggers top scorer, worth a look?

Mcguire and Croft would both be on wages outwith our reach. Basically we cannot compete with championship teams and would struggle to offer better terms than a lot of league 1 teams. I certainly dont like it but thats the way it is.

St Johnstone were very lucky to have Lee Croft on loan last season (much like us with David Davis) but i would think they, like us, would struggle to offer him wages even close to what he is on.

I would be very suprised if any of the signings we make in the summer will be well known names. I would imagine most will be youngsters being released from U19 squads or academies