Possible Transfer Targets

madsooz

Luis Silva for ICT?

Dunno about that but if Barry Robson can play for the Vancouver Whitecaps then maybe an MLS'er can come over to Caley Thistle. But is Silva a bit petulant maybe?. Well-taken goal though.He was substituted later on but that was for an injury wasn't it.

Scotty, I was quite inpressed by your Toronto side last night. For goodness sake, what do the Whitecaps have to do to beat this team away from home.? Toronto is a hard working bunch of lads and I was really surprised how they came on in the second half. The Whitecaps play a great passing game but have you norticed that they (and other MLS teams ) rarely play the ball out wide to wingers and the old-fashioned game we used to see where the wingers hared for the byeline, and cracked the ball right across the goalmouth crying out for a touch in, seem to now have been relegated to the past. All this ****y passing through the middle and rarely any goalmouth incidents.

One player I would love to see playing in a Caley shirt, though, is the Whitecaps Korean International at right back, Young Pei Lee (Y.P.Lee on the shirt). Athletic, highly skilled and rarely puts a foot wrong--such an otstnding and cultured player. Doubt if Caley could afford him though.

Toronto played very well and in a very determined way int he second half.

But you have to hand it to the 19-year old Darren Mattocks (black guy--aren't they all in the MLS nearly?) who scored the Whitecaps second with a huge leap up, where his feet were level with the defender's shoulders, to slap the ball into the net with his shoulder. I think this lad has a real future if he keeps scoring the way he is doing and his confidence must be soaring.

I enjoyed thta game last night although there was a lot of stidgy stuff but the tussle was absorbing.

As for Barry Robson I have made a few comments there in a separate thread. The old master showing his experience and cool. Early days but he could make a real difference .

One player I would love to see playing in a Caley shirt, though, is the Whitecaps Korean International at right back, Young Pei Lee (Y.P.Lee on the shirt). Athletic, highly skilled and rarely puts a foot wrong--such an otstnding and cultured player. Doubt if Caley could afford him though.

Toronto played very well and in a very determined way int he second half.

With that name could he be the ******* son of Steve Patterson from his time over in the far east?

Post today on response to article from KentOnline about Simon King having a trial with us at the weekend. Sounds promising....

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/sport/2012/july/16/simon_king.aspx

we should not have released kingy

still a class act at our level, his new cotnract would have been for less money and apeparance based, he openly admitted he would haev stayed on such a deal

this one will come back to bite us as frampton is past it and you cannot put the weight of expectations on a 19 year old's shoulders in essam

but if we had kept him it would have been an admission by our ex manager that he wasa wrong in dropping him for the ineffective and liability that if fampton, so he was released to save face

anyone who doesn't think hessenthaler is like that is diluded, you only have to look at him making matt lawrence his scapegoat midway through last season to see that - plays the guy out of position where the player himself would admit he struggles, then publically lambasts him when he.........wait for it...struggles

hess may love the club but his ego will always come first

simon, good luck, you deserve a good team and success and thanks for eveything, a true gills legend who handled his situation with professionalism and dignity, dodgy haircuts aside!

seems to be a pattern here .......

we seem to be signing (or trialling) players who have had major or persistent injury issues in the past. Its a bit of a gamble, but perhaps it means we get a player one step up from what we can actually afford in the "fully fit" list of available players?

• 2 weeks later...

In search of a striker with a regular goalscoring ability....

This is a list of the top 4 goalscorers from each of Div 1, 2 and 3. I assume that there is nobody from this lot that would have been worth a pop. I see that Kilmarnock have signed up Livingston striker Rory Boulding on a 3-year deal (he netted 11 last season).

Martin Boyle (2) - Montrose - 22

Steven Doris (3) - Arbroath - 21

Ryan Donnelly (2) - Airdrie - 20

Ryan Wallace (3) - East Fife - 20

Jamie Longworth (3) - Queens Park - 20

Rory McAllister (3) - Peterhead - 20

Colin McMenamin (1) - Ross County - 19

Stevie May (3) - Alloa - 19 - St.Jonhstone

Farid El Alagui (1) - Falkirk - 18 - Brentford

Marc McKenzie (2) - Cowdendeath - 17

Chris Templeman (2) - Forfar - 16

Kris Doolan (1) - Partick -13

Michael Gardyne (1) - Ross County - 13 - Dundee Utd

Well without wanting to go over old ground, some wks back I said we should have gone after Kevin Kyle as a proven scorer, Hibs and Dunf were mentioned at that time, but now he is on trial with St J which indicates he still hasnt been made an offer. A proven scorer at SPL and championship levels - when fit.

From the above list, how many (if any) of these players are available for free as we dont have the cash for a transfer fee. :(

What about players who have left the SPL but failed to make it at their clubs down south - Connor Salmon etc, some of these guys and their clubs might jump at the chance of 1st team games.

• 4 weeks later...

In search of a striker with a regular goalscoring ability....

This is a list of the top 4 goalscorers from each of Div 1, 2 and 3. I assume that there is nobody from this lot that would have been worth a pop. I see that Kilmarnock have signed up Livingston striker Rory Boulding on a 3-year deal (he netted 11 last season).

Martin Boyle (2) - Montrose - 22

Steven Doris (3) - Arbroath - 21

Ryan Donnelly (2) - Airdrie - 20

Ryan Wallace (3) - East Fife - 20

Jamie Longworth (3) - Queens Park - 20

Rory McAllister (3) - Peterhead - 20

Colin McMenamin (1) - Ross County - 19

Stevie May (3) - Alloa - 19 - St.Jonhstone

Farid El Alagui (1) - Falkirk - 18 - Brentford

Marc McKenzie (2) - Cowdendeath - 17

Chris Templeman (2) - Forfar - 16

Kris Doolan (1) - Partick -13

Michael Gardyne (1) - Ross County - 13 - Dundee Utd

Dundee have signed Martin Boyle from Montrose - they have realised that they will need some more options up front - for them a risk worth taking I think

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

What about players who have left the SPL but failed to make it at their clubs down south - Connor Salmon etc, some of these guys and their clubs might jump at the chance of 1st team games.

I see Derby are preparing to sign Sammon for over a million, despite him only scoring one goal at his time at Wigan. The world's a very crazy place.