Ross Tokely disappearence?

AJS

Can anyone shed any light on why Ross Tokely was omitted completely from the squad today?

Was he injured or what? On the back of the week that contracts are being offered people are going to put 2 and 2 together.

Ahhh but Butcher loves Tokely surely. Though he might have to stop letting him have fish suppers on the way back up the road from away games. I feel it's having a detrimental effect on his game and making him even slower than he is already. This is not required.

3 games in a week is probably to much for him in his old age

In hoping for 1 more year. We are going through change and rossco is the last of the old guard I think we have to accept that he isn't going to be here much longer (at least in playing capacity).

It's all circumstantial but 1 thing we all know is that rossco is our most faithful servant and he will go down in club history

He's only just turned 33! I could realistically see him play for ICT for another 2 seasons. There has been plenty of defenders in the SPL who have managed to play at 35, Will he be here next season though? No i don't think so, Butcher is going to replace caleys greatest ever servant with Tom Aldred the 2nd.

From what I'm hearing all be it rumour at this stage but Tokely won't be at ICT next season

Should Elgin make it through the play offs I've heard that they may make an approach for the big man

Dougal

Tokely's been one of the best players this season. Still solid and still seems to be one player who really puts everything into a performance and obviously still really cares about this club.

For that reason, I fully expect the tactical genius that is Terry Butcher to punt him at the end of the reason, replacing him with English loanee dud who has no interest in being at the club.

• Agree 1

If this is to be the legend's last season with us, it would be kind of nice to know before Saturday so that the fans get the opportunity to show their appreciation for the immense contribution he has made over the years.

• Agree 4

If this is to be the legend's last season with us, it would be kind of nice to know before Saturday so that the fans get the opportunity to show their appreciation for the immense contribution he has made over the years.

Exactly but you know and I know that will not happen, the fans will not even be brought into consideration which sadly seems to be the norm

Dougal

Exactly but you know and I know that will not happen, the fans will not even be brought into consideration which sadly seems to be the norm

Dougal

second post of utter pish today - well done dougal.

I wouldn't say it is just cause he is a club stalwart. At the end of the day he has been one of our more consistent defenders this season and his experience could be a vital asset along side anyone we have out alongside him on the pitch.

• Agree 2

From what I'm hearing all be it rumour at this stage but Tokely won't be at ICT next season

Should Elgin make it through the play offs I've heard that they may make an approach for the big man

Dougal

Unless some-one from russia or dubai is away to buy elgin tokely certainly wont be going there, as far it seems peterhead is a done deal

Not speculative on my part. Just picking a team out of a hat to show how easy it is to do so. It never ceases to amaze me how people automatically assume something sinister when a player is dropped for whatever reason. Tokely was injured on Saturday so he's now no longer one of Butchers chosen ones.

• Agree 2

No-one is saying that Tokely should be kept due to him being a club legend. The reason I and almost everyone else wants him to stay here is because he is still one of the most dedicated, hard working and consistently solid players that this club has. Some say he's too slow. Some say he's too old. Some say he's past it. When did he last have a bad game? I honestly couldn't tell you. That's why he should be here next season. Sadly though, I think it will not be and it will be a shame if, once again Terry Butcher rips yet another piece of the little soul that's left out of this club.

• Agree 6

This season IMO has been one of Tokelys worst which speak volumes as he's still been one of our best defenders. I wouldnt say he's the best as gillet and golobart have been magnificent but he's certainly been on a par with those two.

I suspect his disapearence was due to his possible inability to play 3 times in a week, and if this season isn't his last next season will be.

If butcher decides its right to offload him this season so that he can find a replacement with his wages il back him but id love rossco to have 1 more year here.

What makes me think that Tokely could stay is that when he got injured, he was out of favour for a bit, butcher decided that perhaps he wasn't at his best and choose not to play him, but when he was needed again he played and was back to his best and hasn't been left out since bar Saturday.

That says to me that butcher thinks at his best Tokely is one of our best defenders, And is indispensable, even with the challenge of golobart, Williams, and gillet.

Edited by lukemackay