Scotty

Hibs sat back in the second half and allowed us to push the ball about. That's why OTJ had a good game when he came on because there was no-one snapping at his heels like in most games in the SPL.

I can see Butcher's comments now, it'll go something like: 'that's 3 shut outs in a row, I wish the season was just starting now and I could field my strongest side every week'.........boring boring Butcher

Huge disappointment that we didn't get to see a few of the rising stars, if we have any.

Thank goodness the season is over.....................but you know what I'm already getting kind of excited at the prospect of competing with County in the SPL

It should have been the ideal opportunity for Butcher to throw on a few youngsters and I'm really surprised he never IMHO

A win is still a win though one things for certain Hibernian are in a dark place these days and I can see Hearts giving them a real pasting next Saturday

Dougal

A free kick, a penalty, and a win by 2 clear goals. Something we've craved all season and finally seen. A game that had little to shout over but was provided with one moment of magic by Greg Tansey. He has had his critics this season but i think overall he has been a great addition to the team, his passes may not come off all the time and he may have not scored as much as expected but the flashes of quality have been there this season and with a good summer under his belt i think he will come back a better and more consistent player.

The money benefited from finishing 10th will be helpful to the squad and i look on with much anticipation in seeing who remains and who goes now.

Its not been an easy season and it has tested the resistence of many im sure but we have stayed in the league and are now in a position to crack on and have another dig at moving up the table.

Enjoy your break folks and see you in the summer.

Tansey is top class at his best and frustrating on an off day but there's no denying his quality. He's young and the misplaced passes that he makes every so often are to be expected. But some of the balls he pulls off especially the wide diagonal he loves so much are defence shredding. over the next 2 years we will see him mature and these mistakes will be taken out of his game and we will have a quality player on our hands. He's been very impressive recently and earlier in the season he was them same next season will be his year.

Hayes-the fact the Greg and ritchie both let him take the penalty unfortunately says to me he's leaving. A parting gift if you will, but I'm not giving up hope. Look at Hogg looked to further his career down south didn't work out and he re-signed for us. But if it is his last game hes leaving us with great memories, and the greatest of respect. He's given us so many great moments and goals. I don't think any of us will forget what he's done for us no matter where he goes.

Both tansey and Hayes stood out for me today. Both were magnificent. Delighted to end this treturous season with a win. praying for a good pre season, some fresh faces but I agree with terry the majority of this squad is worth keeping they know what it's about and will be better next season.

• Agree 5

Pretty dull and crap 1st half from both teams. We looked far better and had more confidence after Tansey scored a great free kick. Started looking more dangerous and won what looked to me to be a fair penalty which was well taken by Hayes. Decent second half overall and at least we ended this dire season on a happy note. Hayes/Tokes, please stay!

• Agree 2

For the penalty it looked like it was the "who ever gets to the ball first can take it". Foran nearly got there but then the keeper kicked it towards Hayes. To me i'm not going to look too much into Hayes taking the penalty.

And it is fair to say that Hibs are going to get hammered in the final. Good performance by us. MOTM Tansey.

• Agree 1

As soon as the ball went in Tansey was the first to congratulate n a big hand shake so I'm guessing as we all know Tansey is our penalty taker.. it was given to Johnny it looked like a gift, highlights will show this I hope...

I have to agree that Tansey was very good yesterday.

This season he has rarely been poor just very ordinary. My view of his potential was definately changed in the testimonial game against County where he and Morrison bossed the midfled (aided by Nick) and he showed a range of passing and composure which was different than most games this year.

We saw this again yesterday with four passes which would have had commentators salivating if they came from higher profile players/teams.

Without trying to be too critical, MacKay again showed that we need someone up front to lead the line. Even when he had time and space he rarely found a team mate with a pass. He is a very useful player when he has the ball at his feet and moving to goal and I am not suggesting that he does not have some potential. His movement inside the box is not that of a goal scorer either. Can't fault his efforts however and he did set up Tansey for the penalty with some nice play when surrounded by three players.

I wish we had tried to give Shane some more time as striker to see if he can develop into this position. He is not really a wide player though does show nice skills on occasions.

Fans was Ryan Esson

Players was Graeme Shinnie

Really poor number of 'fans' stayed behind after the game to see this (appreciate that some have to leave, however..................)

My wife and I quite fancied staying to see who won the awards as it will be her last game for a good while but we had to go and pick our daughter up therfore hanging about wasn't an option. After the season we've had I'm not really surprised that there was a low number staying back and a few people (my wife included) that I've talked to have said that they don't feel the 'connection' to the team that they once did.

I was rather dissapointed that more people didn't stand up and applaud the marchers before the game tbh.

Anyway that's my season ticket renewed at least so onward and upward for next season hopefully!!! :thumbup::ictscarf:

Hmm, from Hayes's Twitter -

Feelin a bit fragile today!!

Does that mean in the emotional sense, or the drank too much alcohol sense? :ponder:

@tadepelson we're flying down to Birmingham later pal! Was gonna stay up but things to do big man!

What might that be then? A reunion with Rooney?

And a big one from Tade -

@jonnyhayes7 well if I dnt see u again, be good it was nice to play with u pal, and go easy on the booze and on the rangers fans too.

Sounds like that's the end of that then. :tears:

Edited by Renegade

The first half was absolutely hideous - I felt embarrassed for some of the players.

It wasn't until that absolutely stonking free kick from Tansey that we really got going. As Greg stepped up I confidently announced "this'll end up in the wall or in the stand like all his other free kicks this season" - I'm not disappointed that I was wrong though! After that we stroked the ball about really well, especially with Jones pulling the strings. Much of our play in the final third was pretty disappointing though - of the attacking players, I thought only Jonny had a particularly good game. I was far more impressed with our back four, who looked very slick. Piermayr had an excellent game I thought, though I don't know if it will have been enough to earn him a new deal. I was pleased to see how keen Graeme Shinnie was to get forward from left back too. The big disappointment was Foran, who had a mare.

As said above, Tansey had an excellent game yesterday, and I thought that when he was pushed further up the pitch in the last half-hour he looked very dangerous.

The million dollar question: Do the back-to-back wins suggest we are heading in the right direction, or are they disguising the problems suggested by our horrendous form before then?

• Agree 1

Re: "The Million Dollar Question" I dont think its much to shout about, having claimed only your second back to back win in a whole season, in a game which was meaningless, against a weakend team who had a cup final coming up the following week.

Things on the pitch have to improve greatly next season, or we will be in deep trub!

• Agree 1

I didnt know what Hibs would put in to the game with relegation avoided and a cup final the following week even though they have hit some form of late.

Glad to see Tansey finally get his goal from a free kick, I had a feeling it was going in for the first time ever, 10th place secured, 3 clean sheets in a row and its good to finish on a win, with so many young eyes watching the game and season tickets going on sale.

Looking forward to more dancing from Nessie next season and well done to the Marchers, unfortunately I missed them as I was in the bar, what will the marchers do if we have a cup final the following week next year.

Please get more bar staff, the club are losing money,3 for bigger games and 2 for regular but 1 isnt enough. A 15 min wait for only 1 drink isnt good enough,

Having watch the highlights the lad Doherty can have few complaints about the penalty and got hit by instant karma by injuring himself while kicking out at Billy McKay, it was a very unnecessary lunge.

End of term stuff. We had a lot of possession and passed it a lot but the Hibs players' priorities were not to get injured and so we were never put under any real pressure. Given the half hearted attitude of Hibs it was disappointing that there was not a bit more penetration in the final third.

Plus points were:-

We won

We kept another clean sheet

We scored a much needed goal from a Tansey free kick. I have said before that what we have lacked most this season is confidence. Hopefully that will help him because the lad has got the potential to do well. I hope he stays

A good cameo from OTJ. He looks a class act. If he is with us next season and stays fit we will be a much better team.

Ross Tokely. Another great no nonsense performance from the big man. MOTM for me by some margain.

Nessie's half time dancing

It was the last match of the season

Negative points:-

Whilst we had a lot of possession few players ever showed a good first touch despite being under little pressure

Hayes, Golobart and Tuffey are all away

No imagination in the final third

Billy MacKay is not good enough. He works hard and has better touch than most but he is not good at finding the space and as a result defenders get too close and knock him of the ball. He rarely threatens.

• Agree 1