David Proctor has left the ICT building

Caleyjag

Was a good servant to the club but has struggled to establish himself in the first team for the last couple of years, good luck to him whereever he goes.

• Agree 1

Shame for the lad, he was made the scapegoat on numerous occasions and other times it just never happened for him in between injuries.

All the best Proc.

• Agree 1

You can say a lot about Proctor (and most of us have) but the very best of luck to him, he always tried hard for us.

If, as has been rumoured, he ends up at County, I hope he becomes a first team regular.

• Agree 2

Proctor and Tokely are the only survivors of the 2003/4 promotion winning team and Proc is perhaps best remembered for stepping in for the vital victory at Broadwood near the end of that season, when Tokely was unavailable. He conceded an unfortunate penalty that day but otherwise defended solidly.

I think he has over 150 appearances for over his 8 seasons with the club, and would have had more if he hadn't followed Brewster in what turned out to be a disasterous spell for both of them at Dundee Utd. But we reportedly got £35,000 for him then got him back for free the following summer, cheers.

Any favourite Proctor moments?

Not the way he wanted it to end? wonder what way he wanted? proc is really decent guy and i hope he gets sorted out with a team.

Makes way for someone else, the Scottish contingent decreases yet again.

An understandable decision by the management team, given that he's very much a fringe player (only 19 starts in the last two seasons) and the budget's been cut. He's just turned 28 and there's unlikely to be any further improvement in his ability - Butcher presumably thinks that he can unearth a youngster (a la Meekings) with the potential to be better than Proctor.

That said, I feel more than a twinge of sadness at his departure. He's spent eight of the last nine seasons at the club and made more than 150 appearances. Whilst he's had more than his fair share of bombscare moments, there's no question that he always gave 100% for the shirt. I think he played every position for us except up front and in goal, and, like many utility players, his versatility might have been a hindrance that prevented him making one position his own. No fewer than four different ICT managers - Robbo, Brew (twice), Christie and Butcher - rated him enough to keep giving him contracts, even though he was rarely a first choice; this suggests that he was a player they felt they could rely on.

I remember he joined us at the same time as Darran Thomson did - no doubt Proc has turned out to be the shrewder acquisition!

His pinnacle in a Caley shirt was surely that 3-2 win over Celtic - not just a goal, but also 'taking one for the team' by getting sent off taking down Scott McDonald when he was through on goal!

I wouldn't be surprised if County take a shot on him - a relatively inexpensive but experienced player who provides cover in a number of positions. Good luck to him, wherever he goes.

• Agree 4

I think his best performance was in the match v Dundee united where we won 4-0. He was outstanding that day. Best of luck to him. He got a lot of stick off a lot of fans - a fair bit of it unwarranted.

• Agree 1

Not what I wanted to hear, definitely the sort of guy you want to have at your club. Has to be one of the most decent guys ever to play for us too, and I absolutely genuinely wish him all the best wherever his career takes him next.

• Agree 2

Nice guy but injuries, and inconsistent performances have cost him. We can't afford to have a player who's going to sit out more games than he plays. It would be a disservice to him to keep him he should leave find a team where he's going to get a game and have a fresh start. He will do a job for another team.

No shock for me and ive been one of his critics but i have to thank him for the good performances he has had and wish him the best in the future. After 8 seasons that's the Least he deserves.

Looking forward to signing a utility player of a similar calibre on a similar wage level. No chance!

Good luck Procs. A thoroughly decent young man who always conducted himself in a first class manner and despite never being the best of players, never gave anything less than his all when he wore the shirt.

Will definitely get himself a new club and there will be a hell of a lot worse who wear our colours in the future!

I would have given him a one year extension as a utility player. He has made mistakes but has had good games as well. I like him in the squad. The players respected him and he has experience required. I wonder who will be filling his place on the bench.

All the best Procs.

Sorry to see him go. He was never going to be a first choice but an excellent utility player who always gave 100%. Prevented us from getting our biggest drubbing ever when he replaced Meekings at half time against Rangers earlier in the year. I would like to think the manager has got some guarantees of other signatures before showing Proc the door but somehow I doubt it.

• Agree 2

One of the really really nice guys to play for ICT - always polite and so generous of his time to the fans, young and old. Many others could learn from him (current players included) on how to interact. Many thanks, David, for all the great times including the timely goals, (recorded on dvd for replay), the times you "took one for the team" and just for being a really genuine person. I'll miss you. Lets hope ICT find a real star to replace you - it will be difficult. Best of luck David - you deserve it.

• Agree 1