end of season thoughts

bauhaus

I know its very early, but before any of the spl clubs have a chance to finalise their squads for next season, who do you think will suprise compared to this season. I can see St Johnstone struggling, any other suggestions, and I know a few decent signing will alter our thoughts

To be honest, I am still reeling from this season and all the garbage that is taking place at the moment. The simple, bottom line is that we really have to sort our own house first before looking - and comparing with others - I suppose that things can only get better ?

• Agree 1

hard to tell without seeing who is signed ......

I think County will surprise a few folk and will not be cannon fodder in the way the Pars were. Hibees will surely be better next season too ..... Also have a feeling that Hearts will implode quite a bit with the end of season contract terminations.

the Rangers circus will still rumble on and unfortunately I see ICT struggling again next season .... but hopefully that might change if we can retain the core players or sign suitable replacements for those who choose to move on .....

Impossible to say at this moment in time, how well the teams will do. I agree with Scotty, i do think C*unty will offer way more of a challenge than Dunfermline did. I also agree that Hibs will be a different proposition next season. All of Which, is bad news for ICT, unless we make a few amazing signings, as we could well be even weaker next season, unles TB has something up his sleeve, which, im not too positive about

This season has been a long, hard, frustrating slog and I don't recall any other season (even relegation season) where I was so glad it was over.

Outside of a couple of teams you can never predict who is going to do what....and for one of those next season is a total unknown at this stage!!!

For next year, I'm just hoping that we get a chance to see what we can do without the bad luck and injuries which contributed to this seasons woes. I'll be a lot more confident if/when we add someone who is a little more proficient in front of the net in order to boost our goal tally. I believe that A. Shinnie can contribute, but we can't risk pinning our hopes on a single player.

I'm probably off my head for saying it but if we do get a few decent bodies through the door i can actually see us kicking on next season. The players in the squad will have learnt alot from their first season in the SPL together and hopefully they will come back the stronger from it. Butcher is included in that, he was rather self reflective in his final interview and i hope he puts his words into action.

Agreed with Scotty, think Hearts are going to noise dive with the exodus that is due in the summer and the lack of investment from Comrade Romanov.

I think the Hearts bombshell will come with a mighty bang. Mad Vlad has remained surprisingly tight lipped over the whole Rangers fiasco and I can't for the life of me work out why.

You never can tell with him, but you get the feeling that he's waiting for the final outcome and precedents to be set before he makes his move.

After all, if a Rangers Newco were allowed straight back into the SPL then that effectively gives him free reign to wind up Hearts, set up a new team in a new location and walk off with all the current assets with nobody able to do a thing about it.

On the other hand, if Rangers do find themselves out of the SPL then he might seize on the opportunity to throw a bit more money at Hearts in an attempt to challenge for a top two position.

Hearts will sink but I doubt if they'll be in the relegation mix. County could well survive comfortably. Not sure Hibs will improve much and I can see more managerial changes there. St Mirren did very well with good signings this season but they are already starting to lose their greedier players, so with a bit of luck they might sink towards the bottom. Aberdeen, always rubbish, will remain so yet somehow not get caught in the relegation scramble.

But my predictions are always mince so the above can be safely ignored.

Providing we can keep our core, and sign a solid defence as well as keep a team fit for a period of time. Then perhaps we can kick on and have a good year.

I'm pretty resigned to losing Hayes. He's been an excellent servant but it's going the way of Adam Rooney by which the contract was there but it just rolled on and it became evident he'd be moving on. He will be a massive loss. Though one will hope a fit Doran can kick on there and Ross will come more into the fore.

Ross County I think will push on and have a good opening season. Motherwell wont have the season they did last season but they wont be down the bottom either. Killie are anyones guess. Hearts will drop but again safe. Hibs might improve, well they have to compared to last season. St Mirren I feel will be in the relegation mix. Aderdeen will no doubt struggle, but elude the relegation zone. Dundee Utd will faulter with further cut backs, but again another safe team. St Johnstone I think will not be as good as they were this year and be nearer the bottom.

Celtic will win the league. Rangers will still finish 2nd.

Though one will hope a fit Doran can kick on there and Ross will come more into the fore.

You can rest assured that Doran will not "kick on there". I certainly don't want to see him have anything to do with ICT. His own thoughts on how he'd perform for us against the club which has his allegiance is nothing short of disgusting.

Edited by Jay_7

Though one will hope a fit Doran can kick on there and Ross will come more into the fore.

You can rest assured that Doran will not "kick on there". I certainly don't want to see him have anything to do with ICT. His own thoughts on how he'd perform for us against the club which has his allegiance is nothing short of disgusting.

Actions speak louder than words. You obviously weren't at the 3-2 win against his "club which has his allegiance" where he was emense. So do one. Stop trying to s**t stir.

He's a good player. But you will obviously never be happy.

• Agree 1