Tokely Offski - to Countski

Libero

Over to you Butcher. It's all up to you now. No doubting next seasons team is entirely yours. It's now clearer that players are voting with thier feet. I suspect some fans will too, if next season is anything like last. All the best Rossco.

• Agree 1

Roscoe=ICT Legend. Will probably never see such loyalty again to a team, anywhere!

BUT, the love affair had to end some time, nothing goes on forever, and i think he can bow out with his head held high. The timing is right.

The only player leaving i can genuinely wish all the best to

Edited by SMEE

Not sure about this but given Mrs T said as of 48hrs ago Ross was not accepting a new contract with ICT why was this not reported by the club? Reading other items I have read in local media they don't seem to be mentioning this to anyone, they surely knew ? Disappointing as Ross would/should have been used in a youth coaching role as well as cover and given the respect he really deserved. Grant was also someone who didn't have an agent so maybe (not sure if Ross did or not) for everyone who has a dig at agents they can obviously assist a player as well!!

Nooooooo this day was never supposed to come! He's meant to become coach, then assistant, manager, and then chairman.

I hope he at least gets a chance with county but I fear it will be more likely Peterhead/Elgin.

This is actually as close to tears as ive ever been over a footballing matter. Ive grown up my whole life watching Rosscoe play and im devastated he wont be there from now on.

He was one of the best and truely one of a kind with the service he has given to ICT. The maruading runs down the wing, his rock solid nature, the flashes of silky skills, the strike against Hearts which i will never forget and above all his undying love for the club. We will never see a player like him again.

Good luck Rosscoe.

• Agree 4

For a player with such affinity for the club and one who is still a first team regular to turn down a deal shows that it must have been a pretty poor one that he was offered. Butcher's hitlist is now complete, just as I told you that this was what he desired. He'll be the one who can say that Tokely left on his own accord, but we all know the truth is really anything but. Butcher now has a big job on his hands, and if he gets this wrong will be following Tokely out the door in the not too distant future.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3

I remember driving through to Peterhead on a Sunday in July 1996 to see our new 17-year-old central midfield star make his debut in the Buchan Cup. Unfortunately a fairly serious back injury saw him carted off in the 1st half.

It's hard to believe that the same guy is only just leaving us now. Compare 1996 (hardly anyone had a mobile phone or internet access) to now. A time shift of a whole generation and Rossco was there with ICT from start to finish.

All the best Ross.

• Agree 2

Whilst I wasn't sure he was up to one more season in the top flight, he showed enough at the end of last season that I thought he warranted a new deal.

I know a lot of people who haven't renewed their season tickets yet and if one or two decent signings aren't made soon I don't think they'll feel encouraged to do so.

Is it time to panic yet?

I was one of those who had criticised Tokely in recent seasons, and I stand by what I said at the time.

That doesn't take away from the fact that he is an absolute legend and will be sorely missed. We now are only sure of relying on Ryan Esson and Richie Foran to provide the grit and encouragement needed in the Highland Derby.

As many have alluded to, an era ends with Tokely's departure. The age of mercenaries begins.

• Agree 5

To be fair, he did get a new deal. And from his comments, it seemed a deal that meant he would be there as cover - much like many posters are suggesting. No guarantee of playing. Not as much money as regulars. It's a shame he's leaving but if he's not going to be happy in a back-up role, then what can you do.

A legend that could have done one more season with us but it wasn't to his liking.

There are going to be those who say he got an offer and rejected it, and those who say he was forced out because the offer was derisory. Honest answer is that I dont know the truth so until I do (if ever), I am going to ignore that and focus on the Ross Tokely legacy and the 16 immense years of service he has given the club.

To answer someone else's question, I dont think RT has a an agent or at least he didnt last time he signed a contract .. I remember him saying in an interview that he had approached Pele for advice as his mentor.

I do agree there should be some lasting legacy to RT at the TCS. We will never have a player that stays as long or as loyal to the club ever again and that should be celebrated.

I doubt he will get a full stand named after him, but maybe one of the hospitality suites or maybe the shower room ? (The Ross Tokely 'early bath') .... another idea, which is something Toronto FC have instigated is a "Wall of Honour" as opposed to a "Hall of Fame". When a player of significance to the club retires they put up a picture of their shirt with the players name on the back ..... like the image below. Might that be an idea for ICT? or does the "Hall of Fame" cover that ?

post-2-0-10229700-1338593312.jpg

• Agree 1

To quote an interpretation of black Sabbath

'

Is it the end, my friend?

Satan's coming 'round the bend

people running 'cause they're scared

The people better go and beware!

No, no, please, no!;