Tansey leaves ICT

caley1980

The best news i'm likely to hear all close season. Absolute shocking player who thought he was some sort of steven gerrard or something. Promised a lot when he came but really didn't deserve to wear the jersey. Will get found out big time down there at that level and we will be a million times better off without him. He is up there with andy barrowman!

• Agree 1

I'm sorry to see him go. People may argue about Butcher's attitude towards Tokely but there is surely no doubt that he wanted Tansey to stay. He brought him to the club and the lad was beginning to show some real promise at the end of the season. The fact that he has gone to a League 1 club is a probably a reflection that the club simply cannot offer competetive wages and perhaps supports the view that there is no conspiracy regarding the Tokely situation but simply a lack of money.

I understand Luke's point about not offering longer term contracts because we don't know where we will be in 3 or 4 years time but that should not mean we can't offer contracts which promise more or less depending on where we end up in the league. For instance, a contract could be offered for an agreed sum in the first season which would be increased the season after if we finished top six but significantly reduced if we got relegated. It gives the players both security and an incentive to play for the shirt. In addition, it gives the player the assurance of the managers belief in them. It also provides the opportunity of income from transfers should a player really blossom and attract the attention of clubs with more cash to spend.

• Agree 1

I think that Tansey will be a loss. Prior to coming to us he was a young, untried and inexperienced player. The step up to the SPL was a mighty leap for him. Butcher evidently liked what he saw and actually really perserved with Tansey in manner where he did not go with others. I feel that Tansey got more pelters becos he was viewed as being one of the favoured TB "pets". Personally I feel that playing him beside Foran didnt help and stifled his style. I feel that playing Ross and Morrison beside him would have consolidated our central midfield for this season. I also felt that Tansey matured during the season and I feel that he would have been one of our better players next season, especially if he was allowed a freer role rather than a holding one. It will be really interesting to see where he plays at Stevenage. I wouldnt be at all surprised if he is played in a wider and/or more attacking role.