Are you worried ? - I feckin am

All the same starchief, if you've got time to write that, you don't fancy coming and doing my garden?

You've got plenty time to do your own bloody garden now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What the sage of the IRA is trying to say is that The Mantis is following in the tracks of the great Mr Mackenzie and the almost great Mr McLeod in joining the ranks of the retired :drinking06:

• 2 weeks later...

Retirement is not a bowl of cherries chums.

It's........... scary, c'os it gives you too much time to think. And ruminate and consider yer past mistakes and get morbid about the ICT team when what you should be doing is being out there working like Terry and his cohorts.

Starchief--all I can say to sum it all up is....you made my day! Ha! Ha!

Irony with slit eyes at it's best. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting worried again!! As alluded to by certain posters in other threads the airwaves appear to have been clogged up with chit-chat about feckin Rangers and all the side shows, the return of County and a leave him alone and let him get on with it attitude towards Terry Butcher.

This per season is beginning to feel like d

• Agree 1

I think that at the present time most will have concerns, I always thought it was really important for us to have a good pre season and things are going slower on the signing side than I and I am sure Butcher had hoped for. Crazy as it may be to many I think keeping Proctor on for his versatility this season may not have been a bad thing

Most clubs of our size tend to be selling clubs yet we are losing players for free. With the greatest of respect to the players we have signed under Butcher many of them have been poor aquisitions who have come from obscurity.

I look at a First Division club like Dundee who at the end of last season signed Mark Futheringham and Carl Finnigan, recently signed John Baird from Raith Rovers and were linked with former Scotland international Nigel Quashie and I can't help but be a little frustrated that a club in a league lower than ourselves (for now) are signing name players.

I appreciate that we are under budget constraints but I find Butcher's transfer policy of signing players from England with a history of injuries or with little experiance of first team football rather frustrating when I'm sure there are players in Scotland who would jump at the chance to play in the SPL who may well be available for a similar amount of money. Today we signed a striker whose main experiance is in the Welsh Premier League which is of a very low standard. I'm not judging the lad until I have seen him but I can't help but think it would be easier to sign someone from the SFL2?

We have seen three players sign today and I have never seen any of them play so I can't judge how they will turn out. I hope they do well, I hope Butcher does well, I have renewed my season ticket today but I can't help but feel a little cynical about the season.

• Agree 2