Rename the North Stand?

ForzaCaley

Over the years since the North Stand was constructed in December/January 2004/5 there have been some whispers about a name change to the stand. Such like, The Northbank, The Bridge End and even one bawbag suggested the Caley Kop :slapme:

I have always thought it the greatest privilege for an ex player, manager or Chairman to have their name Christened on one of the home stands. Tonight we have heard the solemn news that THEE greatest player and legend to have played for the Red and Blue of ICTFC has decided to leave. However i just find it totally unfathomable to think that Rossco will have nothing left to do with us, for we all know Ross Tokely is ICT and ICT is Ross tokely.

So in this case, I would like to propose renaming the North Stand to the Ross Tokely Stand!

Who's with me? :biggrin:

• Agree 13

Given the service he has given to this club and for the fact that we will never see another player like him im voting in favour...AYE!

• Agree 2

Such like, The Northbank, The Bridge End and even one bawbag suggested the Caley Kop :slapme:

If you think that's bad, a previous design for the North Stand showed that the club at one time intended to call it "The Dolphin Stand"! :furtive:

I agree. I doubt we will ever see his like again.

I remember thinking when we first won promotion that he would struggle at the higher level but each time the club took a step forward, Ross rose to the challenge and worked ever harder and harder and strengthened the various aspects of his game. I am really sad to see him leave because over the last few games of the season I think he proved he was still one of the best players at the club and had at least one more year in him as a first choice defender. That is not sentimentality - it's based on watching a real pro go about his craft.

His record number of appearences will never be beaten and I very much doubt that any player will ever show the same level of committment and passion for the club. He epitomises everything good about the rise of the club from a new club finding it's first tentative way in the 3rd division to becoming an established SPL team. If we can't name the stand after Ross, we will never be able to name it after any other player.

• Agree 4

Such like, The Northbank, The Bridge End and even one bawbag suggested the Caley Kop :slapme:

If you think that's bad, a previous design for the North Stand showed that the club at one time intended to call it "The Dolphin Stand"! :furtive:

I think that was a mockup drawn by a fan !!!! I have the pic somewhere ..... yup, just found it. They took Gordon Gillespie's famous ICT stadium photo and drew in a stand .....

post-2-0-40044600-1338595009.jpg

I think that was a mockup drawn by a fan !!!! I have the pic somewhere ..... yup, just found it. They took Gordon Gillespie's famous ICT stadium photo and drew in a stand .....

post-2-0-40044600-1338595009.jpg

Scotty - I seem to recall The Dolphin End being mentioned on a stadium mock up that was presented on CTO whilst we were on the old Rivals site. I think that was the name anyway. The one before Sportnetwork. Do you have anything about that?

Edited by RiG

The way Tokely has been treated I doubt very much the club would rename the stand or anything else for that matter after him

Anyway if I has that monstrosity of a temporary stand named after me I would find that quite insulting, a bronze statute outside the main entrance would be more apt in my opinion

Dougal

Open and shut case for wilsongate he left to join Livvy who had plenty of cash, what he didnt need to do though was take his ICT shirt off and chuck it to the ground before reaching the tunnel on his last game, I felt that was disrespectful to us fans who had supported him over the years.

Have we got enough exit doors to name the all

Edited by 12th Man

Open and shut case for wilsongate he left to join Livvy who had plenty of cash, what he didnt need to do though was take his ICT shirt off and chuck it to the ground before reaching the tunnel on his last game, I felt that was disrespectful to us fans who had supported him over the years.

Have we got enough exit doors to name the all

Garbage, because he threw it to the crowd and i caught it!!

The way Tokely has been treated I doubt very much the club would rename the stand or anything else for that matter after him

Anyway if I has that monstrosity of a temporary stand named after me I would find that quite insulting, a bronze statute outside the main entrance would be more apt in my opinion

Dougal

Where does this 'temporary' stand come from. These stands are far from temporary.

Dougal

Where does this 'temporary' stand come from. These stands are far from temporary.

If I was you I'd buy tickets for the Scottish Golf Open at Castle Stuart later in the summer, there you will see plenty temporary stands very similar to our own, wooden spongey flooring that can be dismantled as quickly as they were erected

We only have one permanent stand and that is the main stand.

Dougal