Ian black

lukemackay

Hands up all those that think - if he returns to the Highlands - he'll end up going over the bridge because they'll offer more money!

He obviously has a figure in mind that he is aiming for, wonder how much it is? You would imagine either of the above two would have made him a respectable offer compared to what he was on at hearts?

An offer from Pompey seems abit odd. They won't be reeling out the cheque book to sign players so I can't imagine he'd be offered much there infact probably less than he was on at hearts. Can't speak for mk dons but presume they'd see him as a star player so he would be one of their highest earners. So he's turned down one offer in my eyes which would be very good and one which would be decent. Is it really all about money for blackie?

Blackie is looking for international recognition but the only way he'll get a call up is if he tames his hotheadedness. Butcher is possibly the one person who could get Blackie playing great football without getting the red cards.

All i'll say is that this thread could move from Rumour Mill to the Main Forum next week. And my source is better than the Gavin Morrison source

The reason he has knocked back offers from down south is that he doesn't want to move to England, he is looking to stay in Scotland and is quite happy to take a pay cut to do so

So why didn't he just take a pay cut to stay at Hearts and avoid uprooting his family again, and still earn a lot more than he'd get at a club like ours?

Maybe he would rather a regular wage that is paid on time rather than more money but never knowing when you are gonna get it?

James McFadden has said that he would consider a return to the Scottish Premier League as he searches for a new club.

The Scotland international is a free agent after a short-term deal at Everton came to an end and though a place in the English top flight is his aim, he said he would not rule any club out.

McFadden was offered a contract by Celtic last November but declined the chance to move to Parkhead due to conditions on the deal. He said there are no regrets but also no grudges over the failed discussions.

“I’d talk to anybody who had anything to offer me,” he told Sunday newspapers. “I’ve never had a sour taste in my mouth about Celtic.

“Last year I had a chance to sign for Wolves and there was a kind of offer from Celtic but it was not as straightforward as signing a bit of paper.

“It was never a case of them saying they needed a decision, there’s a bit of paper, sign it. It wasn’t as easy as that.

“Everton wanted me, Wolves were pushing at the door and I couldn’t hold off any longer.”

The forward said that if a new offer from an SPL club was made then he would give it serious thought.

I’m certainly not too good for anybody or not good enough for anybody either,” he explained.

“Playing in Scotland wouldn’t faze me. The first choice is the Premier League but if anybody offers me something I’d have to consider it.

“I want to play at the highest level but ultimately I just want to play football.”

Was in the company of a couple of Tokelys friends at Rockness who were saying that he was headed for Brora until MacGregor slipped him a little signing bonus on the quiet and County agreed to cough up £1000/week. Perhaps Black thinks he might get the same if there's rumours that he is thinking of coming to ICT.

Decent pay check for Ross but a footballer's career camn be a short one. Hope he does well, anyway.

Blackie--wouldn't he want to be playing for a team who has a bevy of very good players in it already--this would make it easier for him to shine on the park and maybe allow him to ease off on the physical side too?

Just a thought?

So why didn't he just take a pay cut to stay at Hearts and avoid uprooting his family again, and still earn a lot more than he'd get at a club like ours?

He was never offered a new contract, you can't exactly expect him to go begging for a new contract

He was never offered a new contract, you can't exactly expect him to go begging for a new contract

One mans 'begging for a contract' is another mans enquiring about a job!