James McFadden

What would he coach? How to make a living out of one very magical moment? :lol:

Are you too young to remember him tearing up the SPL?

Not quite but it's easy to forget that just like its easy to forget the good butchers done when we have one bad season.

Not quite but it's easy to forget that just like its easy to forget the good butchers done when we have one bad season.

Are you Butchers lovechild or something? your blind defense of him is something to behold. May i remind you....in Butchers time here, he got us relegated in his first half season here...from a situation that was salvageable, and he nigh on repeated that feat last season. So I think overall, his record is leaning toward sub-standard!

• Agree 2

Are you Butchers lovechild or something? your blind defense of him is something to behold. May i remind you....in Butchers time here, he got us relegated in his first half season here...from a situation that was salvageable, and he nigh on repeated that feat last season. So I think overall, his record is leaning toward sub-standard!

Bet you weren't sayin that at the end of last season.

You would've blamed the relegation on Brewster, and said butcher getting back up and close to the top six was superb.

The point I'm making. Is McFadden had a great career up until the last couple seasons and because of the last couple season the rest has almost been forgotten about. Can you see the comparison in drawing here?

My backing isn't blind it's just not based on last season alone.

Luke....can i ask you....lets just say, we did go down last season, what would your view of Butcher be? Lets be honest....we sailed very close to the wind, and i believe had it not been for an EXCEPTIONALLY poor team in Dunfermline being there, we would have gone down.

Nah....i reckon we were the next worst team in the league overall. I think Hibs would have had the wherewithall to survive. Anyhoo....its just a what if scenario. Im intrested to hear Luke's view

There was never a point last season when I felt we would go down so unsure what your asking.

I just had a little experiment and turned out my hypothesis was correct. Fans on here are happy to defend a player with no ties to the club but not our own manager.

• Agree 2

Luke, I think you will find your hypothesis has not been proven. Most fans will defend anyone be it players, the manager, fellow fans etc, if they think they are being criticised unfairly. Where we differ is when we feel people (and the manager in particular) need to be defended. As far as the manager is concerned, he gets the chance to defend himself week in week out in the media and he is very capable of doing that (see - I'm defending him!). But as the person who makes the key decisions on the playing side, it is only right and proper that fans question him when we they have doubts and criticise him when they feel he has done things wrong. That is what a forum is for and if we stopped having that diversity of views the forum would be very boring and the club would be the worse for it.

It really would be best if folk stuck to the arguments rather than criticise their fellow fans. We're all on the same side after all and share a common wish for ICT to succeed, we just have different views of how we get there.

• Agree 4

whos on the wind up this week? First time I have been on here in ages and its the same as its always been, people posting all the rubbish of the day. would love this and the Ian Black rumour to be true but I doubt it.