Dear Mr Cameron,

Renegade

I disagree this is not about business, the Directors of the club aslo have a duty to ensure financial stabilty for the fans and shareholders. If given the choice no ICT or no Newco would you vote against the newco and punish ICT who have done nothing wrong?

I welcome Mr Cameron meeting with the supporters trust, I wonder if it would be possible for the club to give the fans a breakdown of what impact losing the Newco would be to ICT, perhaps fans would understand the sitaution more then.

When talking about sporting integrity ICT have done nothing wrong, the SPL is flawed and Rangers cheated, my interest is that ICT survive and hopefully Scottish football with have learned a lesson from this whole sorry mess.

• Agree 1

These statements are always open to interpretation and reading between the lines. On this occasion you have come to the wrong conclusions.

The extra man hours this Rangers situation has caused him is incredible, but he still to the time to speak to us as he felt it was important to do so.

If I ever need a group therapy co-facilitator I will seriously consider your inclusion :wink:

Most business / political statements are open to mixed interpretation - that in itself is an art / skill, albeit annnoying. The statement gives all the reading of a "NO" vote up until "Our final decision on the issue will be taken based on the views of supporters and the Supporters Trust combined with what we think is best for our club from a business perspective and for Scottish football in general."

The views of the "supporters" is not just limited to the voices on this forum. There is a group of far more influential "supporters" in respect of sponsorship, advertisement and finance orientated. That final sentence simply has to be neutralised in its content but the last six words - to me - say mountains - but from which perspective ?

I am going to simply wait until the decision has been made and if the club formerly known as Rangers end up in the SPL then I will be asking for formal clarification from the club.

And it looks like poor Kenny has missed out on his Pina Coladas on the beach and we are probably indebted to his committment. As I have alluded to before the poor bugger is "scapegoated" as the voice of the club when he is the "spokesperson". And on this occasion I do not feel that the contacts with the support have an overt element of tokenism about them.

It looks like the vote in going towards a no to the Newco from the other clubs. Wouldn't it be great if the Newco acted with a little bit of dignity for once and withdrew their application to the SPL and applied to Division 3 and let Scottish Football move forward.

Edited by gordieict

Had it been any other club in the SPL outwith Celtic there would not even be a discussion they would be relegated and therfore for the integrity of Scottish Football Rangers must be relegated.

This situation now lends itself to be a platform for change in Scottish Football with re structuring of the leagues and a fairer distribution of the cash

• Agree 2

mr cameron as you monitoring this website -"Similarly, all the posts on the fans' website have been noted"- can i ask that if the decision reached by the club is not to a supporters likeing, will you commit to refund any season ticket monies if a supporter requests their cash back.

i would certainly be asking for my £510 if the club votes in favour of rangers

Hibs have reported tonight that they will say No to a newco joining the SPL - is it not about time our club had the b*lls to come out and state their intention one way or another rather than sitting on the fence as it is becoming more obvious by the day that the vote will go against them - Time to be a sheperd and not a sheep !!!!!

• Agree 1

Kilmarnock reporting they will need another 1000 season tickets on top of last season to survive if Rangers go out of SPL, and Motherwell have said without Rangers in the SPL they will go into administration! Is this the tip of the iceberg. We would be ok next season, but who else would. Well done to Naismith and Whittaker

Wow....I find it extremly worrying that anyone thinks we will be ok next season. Regardless of the whole NewCo thing it's going to be tough, I'm just hoping that it doesn't turn out to be impossible!!!

As Gordon Waddell stated in his column yesterday, will the fans demanding (correctly) that Rangers are not voted back in stand with their club and replace the lost income (or is this all about getting one over on the old firm)?

• Agree 1

Kilmarnock reporting they will need another 1000 season tickets on top of last season to survive if Rangers go out of SPL, and Motherwell have said without Rangers in the SPL they will go into administration! Is this the tip of the iceberg. We would be ok next season, but who else would. Well done to Naismith and Whittaker

Apparently the Motherwell thing (assuming its the article that came from the BBC) is nonsense.

Tree...I've asked the same thing on here a couple of times now and was saddened by the lack of positive responses.

I would hope that now that we know that the club actually has to make a decision and vote that folk will step up and help the club. Also the club IMO needs to up its game re fundraising hospitality etc to get extra money in. It would be good if there were opportunites that ordinary supporters felt they could take part and contribute financially. I think hard times are ahead either way and fans need to understand that.

Tree...I've asked the same thing on here a couple of times now and was saddened by the lack of positive responses.

It would also help if the fans had an idea of what the worst case scenario would be with no Newco, at the moment most off us have no idea what the impact would be or how much the club would have to additionally raise to cover that loss.

Our situation would be broadly similar to that of Motherwell and others....so the thick end of £1 Million shortfall in worst case.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/06/15/rangers-in-crisis-how-other-spl-clubs-rely-on-ibrox-club-for-major-part-of-their-income-86908-23896069/

(I know, Daily Record, but it's not hard to work out when you know the TV deal value etc and the distribution is on SPL website).

I'll be back if Rangers are in SFL division 3. I dont want to lose my club, but as I keep saying there is no point to league football in Scotland if they are in the SPL. Doesn't look like they will be in the SPL so i'll be down the stadium in the next couple of weeks.

Our situation would be broadly similar to that of Motherwell and others....so the thick end of £1 Million shortfall in worst case.

Thanks....a heck of a lot of money to replace particularly in the present financial climate.

I did some more number crunching last night looking at ICTs attendances and our average attendance has already fallen by ~ 1,000 between our first season in the SPL and the season just past.

Our average attendance not taking into account games against the Old Firm is anywhere between 1,200 - 1,800 less per season which is quite incredible although you still have the potential for skewing with including Aberdeen however it is always the OF who are cited as big attendance boosters..

Essentially, if the TV deal was to be pulled and Rangers were to be booted from the SPL, ICT would need to somehow raise an extra 2,000* fans to remain at the same level we are at now.

* TV deal is apparently worth somewhere in the region of 1,000 fans per game and factoring in the drop in average attendance without Rangers at approximately 1,000 if Celtic remain and their support remains as it is. Very approximate by the way.

As Gordon Waddell stated in his column yesterday, will the fans demanding (correctly) that Rangers are not voted back in stand with their club and replace the lost income (or is this all about getting one over on the old firm)?

If Rangers are dealt with in the way that they should be then I will likely purchase the two ST's I had intended purchasing. I will also likely sponsor a shirt once again. Thats a grand. Only need another 999 like minded people now.