Dear Mr Cameron,

Renegade

Well done Kenny.

From the formation of our club in 1994, the amazing 3rd Division title season of 1997, THAT win on February 8th 2000, the First Division title of 2004, and the First Dvision title of 2010, I don't think i've ever felt so proud of our club. Heart of Midlothian, Dundee United, Hibernian, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Aberdeen FC. The five clubs have shown the rest that fair play must come first.. I expect many other clubs to start saying no, (now it's filtering in that St Johnstone and even Kilmarnock are going to say no.)

Now is the time for all of us to really get behind the club. I wasn't going to bother with buying the new strip as I haven't bought a strip in a few years, but as soon as it is released, I'll be placing my order. Every little helps. O2B.

The first 5 clubs were significant. These 5 clubs have set the ball rolling to rebuild the game. We are 1 of them. The Famous Five! O2B a Jaggie!.

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 4

Well done Mr C for doing the right thing.

Im starting to get a good feeling for the togetherness and unity of the fans and club for the coming season.

Just Giving takes their cut for the admin and money transfers and is usually covered by the gift aid on your donation but ICT isnt a charity.

Theres loads of ways to give money directly, to ICT.

Buy a Season ticket

The supporters trust http://www.ictsupporterstrust.co.uk/

Buy some shares,

A 'The fans and board unite 25/06/12' brick in the wall,

50/50 raffle.

Centenary club

Club shop

ICT bar

Im sure Caley D can suggest many more.

What ever you do Im sure its appreciated by the club to help them through these difficult times.

I do not post often but felt that I had to congratulate the club on reaching the correct decision. I am particularly glad that the club listened to the fans and also did not rush into this decision.

This really is an affirmation of faith in the supporters and in scottish football by the Board and particularly by the Chairman. I have no doubt that we will all be asked to dig deep this season to support the club, but I for one will do so on the back of this decision.

• Agree 2

Well done ICT unfortuanately I am too far away in Spain to attend regularly, If as suggested by Govan Jaggie a just giving site was set up I would certainly make a donation

Im starting to get a good feeling for the togetherness and unity of the fans and club for the coming season.

Just Giving takes their cut for the admin and money transfers and is usually covered by the gift aid on your donation but ICT isnt a charity.

Buy a Season ticket

Buy some shares,

50/50 raffle.

Centenary club

Club shop

ICT bar

What ever you do Im sure its appreciated by the club to help them through these difficult times.

I have been messaged by a couple of folk on here and one suggestion mooted was that some of us who are overseas or otherwise not at the TCS on a regular basis could possibly club together and buy 'some' season tickets (quantity obviously depends on level of interest and how much was pledged). These tickets could then then be used by others (perhaps on payment of a portion of the equivalent match fee directly to ICT (?)) or maybe given out for charity or something like that .....

Like the person who suggested it to me I havent thought through the specifics yet, but we will be happy to try and drive any fundraising ideas, or to publicise and push those ideas towards the Supporters Trust if the management of them is more appropriate that way.

If the site members feel it is warranted, perhaps - in this new spirit of unity - we might want a small sub-forum for fundraising ideas and such like ? Definitely a thread of its own though rather than getting lost in here !

Of course, for our own part, CTO will now go ahead and try to get names of site members who want to re-subscribe to or rejoin our player sponsor group so we can also contribute to the club this way and we will likely make our own contribution on top of that.

If ever there was a time for all of us to dip into our pockets and help the club that time is now. We can all do our part, no matter how large or small that assistance is.

• Agree 1

Well said Scotty! And to get the ball rolling I will double my usual player sponsorship contribution to the group.

And To Mr Cameron a big thank you for listening and backing the fans position on this.

Edited by old caley girl

Motherwell likely to say no and Killie looking like doing a U turn after supporters overwhelmingly voted no to NewCo.

I know that we moan about losing players to other teams due to lack of resources but I'd rather have a team to support than a bunch of crooks behind the scenes running my team into the ground.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3

I have started a separate topic here:

Please stick fund-raising ideas in there and if necessary we will split any that need in-depth discussion into multiple threads or their own sub-forum.

There's a number of things that can be done to assist and some of these have already been discussed briefly by the trust board. We will meet again at the earliest opportunity and also speak to the club to ensure that the right things are put in place and that it is done correctly to ensure that funds and assistance get to where they need to go.

There's no doubting that it is going to be vital to get some cash coming in, but there's also going to be other ways in which both fans and local businesses can do their bit and I think it's important that every has the opportunity to contribute, regardless of the size of their wallet.

A separate thread/forum for these discussions would be good. Please also keep in mind that even the best ideas are only possible if we have people willing to assist with making them a reality.

So yeah, let's get the ideas coming in and give the trust board a few days to speak with each other and the club to get the ball rolling.

Well Done Kenny, It makes me extremely proud to support a club that values sporting integrity at the forefront of it's ideals, we can now look forward to the season ahead and hopefully this sorry saga in Scottish football can start on the road to recovery and show the world that the values of fair play and sportsmanship that us Scots have always been known for can come to the forefront.

• Agree 1

I think this can only be good now. Sure we lose money from rangers and sky but county coming up will fill the money left by rangers when they come here, and the sky money. Well as far as I'm concerned they can feck aff if all their interested in us the old firm and don't care about us then il glad they won't televise our games, their loss is espns gain.

This will also probably boost ST sales and for the first time in years/decades? Scottish football is united.

Bye rangers, hello derbies, bye sky.

I did some more number crunching last night looking at ICTs attendances and our average attendance has already fallen by ~ 1,000 between our first season in the SPL and the season just past.

Our average attendance not taking into account games against the Old Firm is anywhere between 1,200 - 1,800 less per season which is quite incredible although you still have the potential for skewing with including Aberdeen however it is always the OF who are cited as big attendance boosters..

Essentially, if the TV deal was to be pulled and Rangers were to be booted from the SPL, ICT would need to somehow raise an extra 2,000* fans to remain at the same level we are at now.

* TV deal is apparently worth somewhere in the region of 1,000 fans per game and factoring in the drop in average attendance without Rangers at approximately 1,000 if Celtic remain and their support remains as it is. Very approximate by the way.

Graphics describing the above attached below.

post-19-0-73653700-1340661790_thumb.png

post-19-0-97261000-1340661968_thumb.png

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

RiG, from looking at that there seems to be a definite declining trend in the number of fans the OF contribute to the numbers....any chance of you throwing up a graph charting the difference between the two numbers?

Thank you to all involved in this decision making process for coming to the correct decision. Like all I am aware of the financial hardships that this decision may cause, however, the last few months has shown an incredible solidarity between ICT suporters and also between supporters of the other 10 SPL clubs and I feel that we will all do as much as we can to ensure our clubs survive and thrive. To this end I will do all I can to support the club financially from afar.

CaleyD, unfortunately I think the old firm fans have increased a bit at TCS, as they had been getting the wing of the main stand more often, meaning the ICT fan numbers have been falling most dramatically. Also Rangers tend to get higher attendances than Celtic games, probably down to the Lennon factor. off topic but its suprising Celtic won anything with Rangers cheating and most refs seemingly biast against Celtic :shrug:

Well done ICT unfortuanately I am too far away in Spain to attend regularly, If as suggested by Govan Jaggie a just giving site was set up I would certainly make a donation

Buy a Season ticket

Buy some shares,

50/50 raffle.

Centenary club

Club shop

ICT bar

I have been messaged by a couple of folk on here and one suggestion mooted was that some of us who are overseas or otherwise not at the TCS on a regular basis could possibly club together and buy 'some' season tickets (quantity obviously depends on level of interest and how much was pledged). These tickets could then then be used by others (perhaps on payment of a portion of the equivalent match fee directly to ICT (?)) or maybe given out for charity or something like that .....

Like the person who suggested it to me I havent thought through the specifics yet, but we will be happy to try and drive any fundraising ideas, or to publicise and push those ideas towards the Supporters Trust if the management of them is more appropriate that way.

If the site members feel it is warranted, perhaps - in this new spirit of unity - we might want a small sub-forum for fundraising ideas and such like ? Definitely a thread of its own though rather than getting lost in here !

Of course, for our own part, CTO will now go ahead and try to get names of site members who want to re-subscribe to or rejoin our player sponsor group so we can also contribute to the club this way and we will likely make our own contribution on top of that.

If ever there was a time for all of us to dip into our pockets and help the club that time is now. We can all do our part, no matter how large or small that assistance is.

Let me know, i will be happy to contribute.

Mrs Gabby is in Inverness for the next couple of weeks, she has a shopping list for me for the club shop. I think I will give her a call and add a few extra things to the list.

• Agree 1

This piece of news is one of the most heartening evens in recent Caley Thistle history.

Congratulations to Mr Cameron for taking this realistic and far-sighted step. Endorsing the fans support along with the integrity of Scottish Football is a massive fillip to the loyalty of the fans and uplifts the spirit of everyone.

Frankly I find it very inspiring and probably will be the catalyst for a resurgence of the spirit a****st the fans. Boy, we sure need it since it has not always been beer and skittles last season has it?

Let's be generous in our financial support and I hope that the first home game this year will be a sell-out. Yes!!!!

I'll be in ntouch about the greenbacks, Scotty. We now gotta put the money where our mouths are these days.

:clapping::bouncyblue: