Dear Mr Cameron,

Renegade

I just came across this....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18700590

After reading this, all I could think about was the Jean-Luc Picard gif! lol

Cringeworthy stuff, a taxi driver loses a few runs and a bar loses a few quid. I'm confused as to how the curry house guy in Dingwall can say his profits will drop considering County have never been in the same league as Rangers anyway! :blink:

Oh and CC just for you...

post-4861-0-30242700-1341437803.gif

• Agree 2

Doncaster is a bit of a prat and should resign cos he isn't doing anything to earn his money. Regan, on the other hand, should be sacked. He is supposed to lead the SFA. A governing body for Scottish football that should act with impartiallity and promote the integrity of the game.

• Agree 1

What the powers to be have to realise is that while they may be worried about losing cash from sponsors and Sky the largest contributors to the finances of football are the fans themselves and they are in danger of losing them the way things are going

I am a bit disaapointed with Mr Cameron's comments in the Daily Record, but it is the Daily Record.

However, let's assume for the moment they are correct.

Mr Cameron says that they are calling an emergency board meeting to consider the financial implications of Rangers in Div 3. While this in itself is very sensible, my concern is that the meeting should have been called the minute Rangers were excluded from the SPL.

It would appear that Mr Cameron expected Rangers to be in Div 1 next season. So while they voted no to Rangers quoting sporting integrity and the will of the fans, he was expecting SFL clubs to not do the same thing?

Why didn't Mr Cameron make a statement once Rangers were excluded from the SPL outlining how ICT was going to adjust to the new world?

Very disappointed.

Looks like we are back to square one. Sounds like ICT will be supporting Sevco in a new SPL2 in the vote on Monday.

Ever felt like you've been conned

Certainly looks that way.

With a bit of luck, no other club will accept the invite to SPL2 so Newco can play themselves at 7 a sides for the next season.

Let's face facts...the very, very worst thing that ever happened to Scottish Football was the dominance of the OF due to sectarianism, and the money to be made from the promoting of it; the setting up of the SPL to make that money; and the resulting blatant change of ethos from making enough money to play football to playing enough football to make money. Scottish football as I knew it as a teenager died right there.

It looks horrifyingly likely that the SPL is on the verge of becoming the whole of Scottish Football given the SFA doesn't have a backbone strong enough to enable it to raise its collective head above the level of the OF behinds.....because if it had, there would never have been an SPL in the first place.....the SFA would have said to the OF.......if anybody else anywhere else wants you and your supporters, they are more than welcome to you, because you are more bother than you are worth up here...but we are not running Scottish Football to suit your shareholders and fans.

The rest of the SPL have rarely been other than the kept concubines of the OF....wee slaveys to be pushed around because they are incapable of keeping up with OF spending in a league which was set up deliberately to ensure none of them will ever be able to keep up with OF spending...so nobody in the SPL actually plays football as I remember it...they practise damage limitation...simply because they live beyond their means to enable them to play with the "Big Boys" and rely on the subsidies grudgingly handed over by the OF to keep themselves just out of financial trouble.

I have had the forms filled in to join the Supporters' Trust, with a small donation included in the cheque, for some time.......in fact since Mr Cameron intimated the intention to vote against Newco getting into the SPL..... and had the intentions of making some regular monthly contribution from this month.....but as a cynic, I just couldn't convince myself that it was all as it seemed....and it rather appears I was right....so I am still thinking.

Jesus wept...Newco are a new football club, with nothing but a fanbase, many of which still perceive them as the Rangers formed a century or so ago..even though they absolutely are not...no provenance, no past, just fans not convinced of that...and, imo, Newco should have had to do three years in the boondocks to acquire eligibility to get into the SFL at all. I wonder just how many of that fanbase is hardcore, and how many are people who are glory hunters and will fade away over the years without European football and having to play their way back into the top league..and maybe even decide to follow their local clubs.

If money is so important to the SFA why has so much been spent on this whole fiasco, obviously now, there has been no intent to abide by the rules or punish the guilty club's misdemeanours despite all precedents or the gravity of the situation. Instead of squandering money on all these meetings etc.

Quite obviously Scottish football is being led by a dictatorship devoid of scruples and now it seems that if we have interpreted Mr Cameron's words correctly then the same must be said of the ICT leadership and possibly many other clubs too

The only good thing to come out of ths seems to be the showing from the fans that integrity should reign over money. be it naievety or not a lot of us do care what is right and wlhat is wrong.

If Scottish football is now to be ruined then we all know where the blame lies.

Finally I do not believe it need be the end. Restructure yes that is a necessity but the doom and gloom scenario need not happen. Find the right leadership and let Scotland set a trend that will be welcomed by many of the small countries and some of the larger countries too.

Dear Mr Cameron,

It would appear, looking at comments from Chairmen such as that at Annan and looking on social networking sites, that you have made a big error of judgement in your comments to the press today. Your comments, though they may have been good intentioned, make the world look at the SPL Chairmen, including yourself, in a very different light. That statement has come across like the SPL voted Rangers out but that they fully expected that they could buy the services of the SFL, under the misled guidance of Messrs Regan and Doncaster, to get Rangers into the second tier.

Mr Cameron I am enclined to think that this display of self preservation and of the desperation for Rangers in the SPL by the teams of the SPL has not only expanded the gulf between SPL and SFL but has put the final nail in the coffin of the current set up within Scottish Football.

In one breath the SPL chairmen are voting, not just because of fan pressure but for Sporting Integrity yet behind the scenes they are chucking that self same Sporting Integrity out the window to try and put pressure on the SFL teams.

Football in Scotland can be saved and I would urge all clubs to work together to save it. It can be done but only by first acknowledging that all forty two clubs have a say in it and by disbanding the elitest group that care for no other than themselves. The next step is to get rid of those within the Hierarchy of SPL and SFA and of bringing in a true leader, under the auspices of one governing body, who can take our game to a new, more secure and sensible level.

Finally I suggest that those who control our game should never underestimate the effects of fan power. Fan power can make or break a club and, following on from your statement tonight, fans of ICT are indicating that they may prefer a shopping trip with the wife on a saturday afternoon ahead of supporting the team.

Alex MacLeod

• Agree 7

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Why did Kenny Cameron feel he had to make a statement today? But I'm glad he did because now we can see what a hypocrite he is. So he cites sporting integrity as reason for not allowing Sevco into the SPL, but then seems appalled that the SFL should not play to his tune and discard their own principles of sporting integrity in allowing Sevco to waltz into the First Division. Kenny Cameron has brought shame on this club. From the moral high ground to the very depths. Absolutely disgusted. Yes, Alex, shopping is better than chucking money at this rubbish.

• Agree 1

Dear Mr Cameron.

I feel your statement regarding newco Rangers admittance to Division Three was badly timed, poorly worded and a PR disaster for our club.

You listened to the voices of the supporters of the club who opted for sporting integrity and voted against newco’s admittance to the SPL. I feel that your words today have given many fans the impression that you did this on the basis of a sleazy plan to bully SFL clubs into admitting a newco into SFL 1 to preserve a model of football in this country that is now unsustainable or that you had expected SFL clubs to ignore their fans and the principles you claimed to follow with your initial decision. Need I remind you that two seasons ago ICT were an SFL club and we may be in the same position again in the future. The thought of our club having any part in any sort of bullying tactics would be unforgivable in my opinion.

While most fans appreciate that there will be certain financial tests over the coming seasons, many people feel “the end of Scottish football as we know it” is not necessarily a bad thing. Personally I would much rather see ICT operate at a lower level as a sustainable club than have the club be a leech and rely on another club being in the same league or indeed money from television companies. I have the upmost confidence that this can be addressed and I urge yourself and the board to share any issues with the supporters. If anything has come from this whole shameful Rangers episode it’s that the fans can be a powerful force in football. ICT has a loyal support and I very much hope you will adopt a transparent approach in what could be a difficult time.

Please do not misconstrue this email as a series of accusations against the club or indeed yourself. I am just concerned given that I renewed my season ticket after your statement of intent regarding the newco/SPL vote and I am now unsure of the intentions and direction of the club.

We have a chance to change things for the good and make it easier for a club such as ourselves to survive and prosper. The last thing we need is an unhelpful, pointless and ultimately detrimental comment from the club like the statement this afternoon. I would welcome a public response to the fans from yourself to address any of the comments raised in this or any other email you receive tonight or indeed a personal, private one via this email address.

Yours sincerely

cleardot.gif

James Proctor

• Agree 4

Dear Mr Cameron,

I won't be back while you are still there. Would rather watch Clach or Nairn, seriously! Celtic fans already threatening boycott, others clubs mentioning on forums too. What a tool!

Alex Munro