Dear Mr Cameron,

Renegade

Mr Cameron, for someone in your position to cause so much embarrassment by demonstrating double standards and hypocrisy is shameful for our club. What a PR disaster. Please try and do something to sort this mis timed I'll thought out nieve statement. It's hurt the club the fans and no doubt have an effect on players management and staff.

• Agree 1

Probably not the best (or most clever) thing to have done at the present time. Report below tries to show the effect that a SPL without Rangers will have on the remaining clubs. Analysis of our attendances over the last three years makes interesting reading and therefore we need only positive noises going forward to try and get as many as possible returning to TCS to watch football this season....or as they say 'there could be trouble ahead....'

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/110760-analysis-what-the-loss-of-rangers-means-to-admissions-at-spl-clubs/

Mr Cameron.

I'm on the line now, and so are my Dad, my Mum, my brother and my aunties.

You have said too much. If you don't take some of it back, then I won't be able to support the club any more,

until they hold a position I can get behind again.

No to Newco in the SPL.

• Agree 1

This has really put a dampner on the satisfaction felt over yesterday's decision for Sevco to be sent to SFL3.

I had plans for today fall through, so was intending to head through to Elgin for the friendly. After this statement, I'm going to keep my money to myself instead. The ICT top packed for my fortnight in Italy has also been replaced with a Scotland top and the planned increase in £'s spent on matches/merchandise/ICT lottery has gone out of the window.

Thoroughly miffed.

• Agree 1

Dundee Utd have now released a statement also saying no to a SPL2 and football needs to move forward with the new Rangers in Division 3. Both they and Hearts want to make their positions clear before Monday's meeting. After today's board meeting maybe we should be doing the same

• Agree 1

Guys and Girls, I made a dear Mr Cameron statement yesterday and in that I suggested his comments to the press were mis-timed and ill-advised. I stand by that but, having read so many, unfounded and undeserved, hate comments against KC, I now want everyone to take a step back. I have and I decypher the comments a little different in the cold light of day.

Kenny Cameron, though I've never met him, comes across as someone who has a passion for this club. He also comes across as someone who knows the value of fans and of comunicating with fans. To me Kenny Cameron believes in our club and is very concerned for the future of the club. He always comes across as an honest and down to earth guy.

Yesterday he made statements that, when you look at the different interpretations from different sensible peolpe, have maybe been taken out of context to a very high degree.

My personal opinion is that his mistake was in making any statement at all.

We all read the papers. We can all make our own minds up about the future of ICT and the future of Scottish football. Theres now a lot of change and uncertainty ahead, both for the club and for the game, but we all still need to be behind our team.

I was never a season ticket holder before. When our club took the vote they did I became a season ticket holder. Not one ST but two. I dont even know if I'll get to one home game this season but I still put my money where my mouth was. And I may be able to do a little more for the club when I know what players we have.

The big thing now is for total change in Scottish football. That will take a little time to set up but meantime, and I honestly hope the powers that be leave all as is for the moment and work towards the betterment of the game during the current season. Christ The Rangers may not even get out of Div3

Kenny and/or others at the top of ICT made a mistake in their press release but we have a new season coming up and we need every man, girl and their dogs to get behind the team and ensure we can continue at the top of whatever structure is in place in the future.

All that now said I propose a vote of great confidence in Kenny Cameron and hope that he is very much involved in ICT and the Scottish game for many years to come.

• Agree 6

It made the Guardian.

"One SPL club, Inverness, spoke out about its fears..."

I guess Mr. Cameron did want the 16 team league, and fairer division of revenue - as many here, including myself, were advocating.

But it took this for the SPL to even tentatively offer it - no statement, concrete offer, or promise. McLeish's report and Doncaster poured scorn on a 16-team league idea. That's why a statement chasing these things is like trying to get the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and thus evoked such interest.

From all accounts ICT have a good chairman, one statement which is basically saying " we're in it now" and "couldn't we have sold out - a wee bit" after the event, isn't the same as voting for Newco. So...

Onwards and upwards.

What a complete and utter shambles! I have never met Kenny Cameron but some who have are saying that he is a decent, honourable man who very much has the interests of the club at heart. I respect that opinion and it may be that calls for his resignation following his statement on Friday are misplaced, but I remain to be convinced. Whilst all the media focus and public interest was on the decision of where Newco were to be playing next season, we are now seemingly being told that our Chairman's comments were not about that decision but about league reconstruction. Given that there has been no debate about the reconstruction proposals and, as far as I am aware, no previous statement from the club about them , it does seem extraordinary to say the least that Mr Cameron should come out with such an outburst on the back of the Newco vote. His statement may reflect that he and the club support the kind of reform the fans want to see but it certainly didn't come out that way. At best, the inept way Mr Cameron has handled this matter must raise questions about the way the club communicates with the the media and with supporters.

But if this was just a monumental communications own goal, the club need to accept there is now an urgent need for far more transparency about what is going on. Those of us who have been critical of Mr Cameron don't wish to be critical but would rather support the club in securing the long term future of the club and good quality football at the TCS. But how can we do that other than by blind faith if all the evidence points to decisions being made by backroom deals rather than proper consultation.

I have to say I am far from clear what the SFL clubs were actually voting for on Friday. I understand they were considering Newco's application and decided, quite appropriately to admit them to the league at the bottom tier. There should be no argument about that. I also understand that there is a view (strongly held by some in the game) that this decision will lead a number of clubs within the Scottish game facing significant financial problems. It appears that as a consequence of this, the SFL clubs were also asked to vote upon proposals for restructuring and that they rejected them and it now appears it was this rejection that apparently led to our Chairmen's controversial statement. This is where I start to have difficulty with what is going on.

I have seen nothing in the media about what the vote was in relation to these proposals. We have heard what the vote was in relation to Newco but not about the restructuring proposals. Can anyone tell me what the vote was? Indeed, was there actually a vote about these proposals completely separate from the Newco vote?

Next, where have these proposals come from and what consultation has there been? The statement from the football authorities that appeared on the St Mirren website made interesting reading but suggested that the proposals have been the result of discussions over the past 2 years. Really! Who has been discussing them? It seems like just yesterday Doncaster and others were pushing as hard as they possibly could to get a 10 team top flight and now mysteriously, just as Rangers go down the tubes, we are led to believe that these self same people are anxious to put forward reform that, far from reducing the number of teams in the top flight, proposes that the number increase first to 14 and then to 16 clubs. Further, despite the fact that these plans have apparently been in gestation for a couple of years, they suddenly emerge and are put before the SFL clubs just a couple of days before they vote on Newco's application. Even more intriguing is that their rejection results in our Chairman suggesting the vote has meant a once in a lifetime opportunity has been lost and the game has been thrown into disarray. Come on, Mr Cameron! Just what do you take us for? It seems pretty clear that a lot has been going on behind the scenes that the fans have been completely shut out from and there appears to be no wish to involve the paying public in decisions around the structure of the game that they pay to watch.

Let's be clear about what the issues are here. Firstly Rangers Oldco are going into liquidation and the appropriate authorities will deal with that. Oldco will not be playing in the Scottish league structure again and we can consign them to the history books. Newco has been established and due process has been followed which places them in SFL Division 3.

However, a consequence of this may be that the financial futures of a number of clubs is put in jeopardy and that therefore the need for reform that many of us have argued for over the years is now belatedly seen to be required by those who are charged with running the Scottish game. So how should this reform proceed? Well, for a start it should not proceed on the back of hastily drawn up proposals on which there has been no debate. Kenny Cameron's suggestion that the SFL Chairmen's rejection of the proposals represented the loss of a once in as lifetime opportunity must rank as one of the most stupid statements of all time. Let's just step back and take stock.

All clubs in Scottish football (and not just in the SPL and SFL) should be considering what the current situation means for their clubs. They should be considering what the financial implications are but also consulting with their supporters to consider what their aspirations are for their clubs. For instance, are Buckie Thistle happy to play their football locally in the Highland league or would they wish to be part of a pyramid system which would give them the opportunity to play at a higher level? Do fans of the bigger clubs such as current SPL clubs want to watch games against the bigger clubs 4 times a year or would we rather be in a bigger division and watch a wider range of teams twice a year?

There need be no mad rush to take forward this debate even if there is felt to be a need to have things in place for next season. What is wrong with a consultation period of, say, 4 months to take us through to mid November followed by the development of specific proposals based on that consultation with a further period of consultation on the proposals? A new structure could be in place for next season if there is a genuine willingness to change. Indeed I would have thought that such a route map would be very much in the interests of those who seem to want to use whatever underhand method possible to get Rangers back in the top flight as soon as possible.

If the consultation resulted in a scrapping of the separate SPL and SFL and the creation of a new league which better reflected the wider needs of Scottish football, then there would need to be a process agreed for how those places were filled. Let us suppose for the sake of argument that the consultation resulted in a top tier of 16 clubs. How would it be decided who the 16 should be? I, and many others have been arguing that Newco should not be admitted to the SPL or SFL Div 1 because places should be allocated on merit and in line with the leagues' rules of promotion. And as Newco have no record of playing, they clearly cannot justify a place on those grounds. But with a new league set up, the principle of merit would still pertain but the promotion aspect wouldn't. One may say that in the normal run of things, that if the current set up of 12 clubs was to be changed next season to 16 clubs, the new league would contain the current 12 SPL clubs and the top 4 in the SFL. But if Newco (or any other club in the current Div 2 or 3) demonstrated from their league and cup performances that they merited a place then it would be open to the new structure to consider that. An option might be, for instance, for the winners of Div 2 and 3 to have a play off with the winner of that having a play off against the team coming 4th in Div 1.

I see no reason why there cannot be sensible and open discussion around the future of Scottish football and therefore I remain extremely sceptical about what has been going on behind the scenes and the motivations of those involved. Are people solely concerned with their own personal positions or are they wanting what is best for Scottish football? The way these new proposals have suddenly come to light and the complete absence of public consultation regarding them is simply not acceptable. Mr Cameron's angry denounciation of the SFL Chairmen's apparent rejection of the proposals suggests that he has been heavily involved in the development of these proposals and is himself swimming in murky waters.

I would like to believe that Mr Cameron is a man of integrity with the best wishes of this club at heart, but in order to convince me, I need to know what is going on and what his role has been in these new proposals. His statement, whether it has been misconstrued or not, has angered a great many people and has done significant damage to this club. It is now time for Mr Cameron to tell us what is going on so that we, the paying fans of this club, can work with him and the Board to ensure we get the structural reform so desparately needed to secure the long term future and prosperity of ICT and Scottish football in general.

Probably not the best (or most clever) thing to have done at the present time. Report below tries to show the effect that a SPL without Rangers will have on the remaining clubs. Analysis of our attendances over the last three years makes interesting reading and therefore we need only positive noises going forward to try and get as many as possible returning to TCS to watch football this season....or as they say 'there could be trouble ahead....'

http://sport.stv.tv/...s-at-spl-clubs/

I would think that 2 home games against County should cover the spread.

Read the link and you may find answers to some of your questions

http://blogs.channel...aked-email/2305

Quite astonsihing and what if what they proposed did happen and they still did not go up - what amendment would they then have drafted to ensure promotion. Two new words for the SPL for their next AGM 'Risk Assessment' and as the old adage goes 'expect the unexpected'.

The blind leading the blind comes to mind.

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

It illustrates how appallingly some people in Scottish football behave but it doesn't shed light on the what Kenny Cameron's role is in all this. If it was the rejection of this kind of dictatorial stich up that our Chairman was so incensed with SFL chairmen for rejecting, then it would suggest he is involved in the stitch up himself and has a lot of questions to answer.

It illustrates how appallingly some people in Scottish football behave but it doesn't shed light on the what Kenny Cameron's role is in all this. If it was the rejection of this kind of dictatorial stich up that our Chairman was so incensed with SFL chairmen for rejecting, then it would suggest he is involved in the stitch up himself and has a lot of questions to answer.

Not convinced he was involved, but it would be interesting to know when he was aware of it.

I would like to add my support to Mr Cameron. Although I have never met him from what I am lead to believe he is a very decent guy who has the interests of the club, Scottish football and most importantly the fans at heart. As I mentioned in another thread the club were very quick to address my email over the weekend which they didn't have to do. I feel that as a fanbase we have been listened to recently and while there is no doubt in my mind that Friday's press release was a bad move I hope Mr Cameron and the club can be at the forefront of the re-structure of our game.

What Mr. Cameron needs to do asap is issue a statement to the shareholders regarding the Board's thinking. He obviously forgets that many people invested in this club in the early days and agreed transfer of power from the old Caley and Jags Members Club. His statement has embarrased the club and gained massive unwelcome publicity.