Dear Mr Cameron,

Renegade

Even if the SPL Club chairman vote against a NewCo you can bet your last penny the SPL will find a way to change the rules to allow them in.

• Agree 1

In response to caleydawson I honestly believe we can cope without Rangers. As long as ourselves and Ross County stay in the SPL we will have just as many full houses as last season. Who knows if the derbies will be televised or not. There is no guarantee that our games against Rangers would be televised anyway. I'm not saying us or County will always be in the SPL but you know what I mean.

• Agree 1

OP sums up the way I feel about it too. In fact it seems so straightforward and just that it should be this way (ie Newco starting at the bottom), that I can't think of any fair minded supporters of any team wanting it any other way. Lets hope that the voting chairmen feel the same . No doubt there will be pressure on them to vote for Newco being allowed straight into the SPL but I trust they will stand firm. Will we see how they all vote?

**Fan Hat On**

I agree with the OP but feel that if the SPL rules were to be followed properly by the SPL Board then no vote would actually be required as any NewCo Club would fail to meet the majority of the membership criteria making anything approaching an acceptable application impossible.

**Fan Hat Off**

**Site Admin Hat On**

Whilst I am certain that Kenny will happily read this thread it should be remembered that CaleyThistleOnline is not an official means for communicating with the club and people really should put their point of view to the club directly through one of the official channels.

**Site Admin Hat Off**

**Supporters Trust Hat On**

As per the ICT Supporters Trusts recent statement.....

"Should anyone, whether they are a member of the Supporters Trust or not, wish to communicate their thoughts and opinions on the matter directly with us, then they can do so by emailing admin@ictst.co.uk or in writing, clearly marked for the attention of the ICT Supporters Trust, Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, Stadium Road, Inverness IV1 1FF.

The Board of the Supporters Trust are in regular contact with the club and we will share your communications on the matter with them. Communicating via the Supporters Trust also provides two main benefits.......

1. At a time when the Club Chairman is busy trying to sort out matters for ICT for the new season and is further burdened with the ongoing Rangers fiasco then we (the Supporters Trust) can help ease that burden by acting as an intermediary.

2. It is just as important that the Supporters Trust are as aware of the fans views as the club, especially if we are expected to represent those views.

We do (obviously) read the forums and gather opinion from that, but it's hard to offer legitimacy to comments where the only identifying marker is an (often) anonymous username.

**Supporters Trust Hat Off**

I would think there would also be a lot of SFL teams very unhappy about a Rangers Newco going straight in to the SPL. They currently get no benefit from Rangers being in the SPL but with Rangers not being admitted there is a better chance for them to get into the SPL until Rangers rise through the ranks and reassert themselves in the top flight. It will be very much to their financial advantage for Rangers to join at the bottom of the SFL.

I also am sceptical about the warnings of financial problems for others in a SPL without Rangers. Surely this greatly increases the chance of others to win a European place and that can only add interest to the Scottish game. It has been boringly predictible for years. Now there is a chance for someone else to come 2nd and that might encourage better players to sign for the also rans of the SPL and the SPL to become more competetive as a result.

• Agree 2

**Fan Hat On**

I agree with the OP but feel that if the SPL rules were to be followed properly by the SPL Board then no vote would actually be required as any NewCo Club would fail to meet the majority of the membership criteria making anything approaching an acceptable application impossible.

**Fan Hat Off**

**Site Admin Hat On**

Whilst I am certain that Kenny will happily read this thread it should be remembered that CaleyThistleOnline is not an official means for communicating with the club and people really should put their point of view to the club directly through one of the official channels.

**Site Admin Hat Off**

**Supporters Trust Hat On**

As per the ICT Supporters Trusts recent statement.....

"Should anyone, whether they are a member of the Supporters Trust or not, wish to communicate their thoughts and opinions on the matter directly with us, then they can do so by emailing admin@ictst.co.uk or in writing, clearly marked for the attention of the ICT Supporters Trust, Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, Stadium Road, Inverness IV1 1FF.

The Board of the Supporters Trust are in regular contact with the club and we will share your communications on the matter with them. Communicating via the Supporters Trust also provides two main benefits.......

1. At a time when the Club Chairman is busy trying to sort out matters for ICT for the new season and is further burdened with the ongoing Rangers fiasco then we (the Supporters Trust) can help ease that burden by acting as an intermediary.

2. It is just as important that the Supporters Trust are as aware of the fans views as the club, especially if we are expected to represent those views.

We do (obviously) read the forums and gather opinion from that, but it's hard to offer legitimacy to comments where the only identifying marker is an (often) anonymous username.

**Supporters Trust Hat Off**

Ever thought about opening a hat shop! :joker::farmer: :sherlock: :teacher::director01::police::cold::artist::rasta:

Totaly agree with OP. Cheats and alleged crooks should not be allowed to prosper

If the newco is admitted straight in it makes a mockery of the whole system. Lets all just not pay the tax man, the papershop, the shredding company, the police, etc etc the list goes on, then start up again as a newco and come straight back in. we are already a laughing stock why make it any worse? if they want to live on then start at the bottom, do the decent thing. Rangers and their fans have shown no remorse " it wasnae us, it was bigger boys that did it and ran away" and i think that is one of the worst parts. If someone from the corpse that is now Rangers actually came out and said " you know what, we fecked up, we made a complete mess of it, sorry" and swallowed what is coming to them and took their punishment then they may come out of this with slightly more goodwill and dignity.

apologies for the slight rant but companies that do this to creditors p1ss me off, they never give a damn about the people their actions effect.

• Agree 1

Well I guess being a fan is a bit like being a LibDem pre 2010 - it didn't really matter what you thought/said because there was no chance of you ever having being accountable for it.

Firstly, directors of the companies (clubs) are fiduciaries to that company. That means you have to do the best for that company, which generally means financially. So, without knowing the details of e.g. the TV deal with and without Rangers, if in fact the deal 'with' is worth a lot more, it would actually be very hard, legally, for the directors to turn that down. The fact that the SPL rules seem to leave it up to their discretion (again without actually having read them) actually puts the directors in a very difficult position e.g. open to personal lawsuits if they didn't accept the best deal on the table for their club.

Secondly, don't forget that directors are personally liable for a company's debts if they continue trading whilst they knew or ought to have known the company was insolvent. So if the 'loss' of the supposed income from Rangers being in the SPL tips a club from having a balanced budget (or within what third parties have agreed to stump up) that again leaves them open personally. I'm guessing not too many people here would be prepared to (e.g.) lose their own house in pursuit of a principle.

Renegade is spot on 100%.

No to newco!

Cheers for the email address Don.

Click and sign.

admin@ictfc.co.uk

Agreed - I have sent them an email on how strongly I feel about this topic.

Sir,

After months of fevered speculation, contradictory reporting and just plain discombobulation over the fate of Rangers FC, it would appear that we are now in the final stretch and that liquidation of the club / company is inevitable. As a consequence it is the reported intention of the new owners to create a new company, albeit one firmly based on the current version and "taking the history across with us" (quoted from a BBC Scotland Radio news report this morning).

This is a sham. It will rob creditors, some of whom may themselves now be placed in serious financial trouble as they are forced to write off debts and become beholden to creditors of their own. It will be nothing more than a cynical attempt to re-badge the current club / company with a thin veneer of new cladding but portray itself to its support base as the same as it was, and always will be. And although this will be seen to be legal, it is morally and ethically questionable.

In order for this "new" company to return to business-as-usual, it has been reported that it will be applying to join the top flight of the Scottish football leagues directly, by-passing the current promotion / relegation route that all other clubs have had to operate to since their formation. Including, in 1994, a fledgling new club called Inverness Caledonian Thistle, a team formed by amalgamation of two great sides to form one greater whole and which subsequently worked hard to establish itself in the top flight through hard graft and a determination to succeed. We achieved that by applying to join the league structure at the bottom and having been accepted, won our way to be in the position we currently enjoy. Not for us the arrogance that we should be slotted into a higher league simply based on size, money or location. We accepted the rules as they were, we played the game as it needed to be played and we eventually saw the success we knew we were always destined to achieve.

The same must be applied to all new applicants, regardless of who they WERE or where they came from. Otherwise we are only confirming that the rules are only applicable to those without the money or the clout to shout and threaten the loudest.

For the sake of Scottish football as a whole, to restore any credibility to our reputation as a nation based on fairness, equality and the rule of law, if it comes to a vote in the Scottish Premier League to endorse an application for any new club / company to join the league without having had to work their way through the Divisions first, the only vote that can conscionably be cast is NO.

Yours sincerely,

Sean Fraser

No European football for 3 years as a result of being a NewCo? Good. Gives them time to work through the leagues and prove that they have to fan base, the financial strength and the tactical nuance to return to the top flight. Without cheating this time.

My views on this have been put over often enough..............expulsion for Rangers.

Sorry for the teams in the lower leagues though that they should have to put up with the yob element of the Ranger's support and the chaos it is going to bring regarding crowd controll, policing costs, and potential violence which could be caused to the towns they are going to invade.

Regarding rejoining in D3, should they not have to apply for entry into the SFL when the slot becomes available which would be at a time alllowing Highland League, South of Scotland and Juniors to also apply. Was it not Annan that won the vote when Gretna folded?

While I expect they will get voted in somewhere (hopefully not the SPL) if there was any real justice they would miss out on all tiers of Scottish Football!!!!

admin@ictst.co.uk

Hello,

I am writing to let the supporters trust know that myself and my family are currently

holding off regarding our season ticket renewals until we see which

way the club votes on the admission of a NewCo directly into the SPL.

In our opinion this should not be countenanced, as it is an insult to

every club which has acted in a responsible and sporting fashion.

Furthermore, the attitude of the Rangers support regarding the

boycotting of clubs who speak out against them cannot be condoned,

and might well mean there is little financial benefit to having them in the SPL.

Regrettably we may be forced to consider ending our support of the club

if they do not act for the good of the game.

Do the right thing Kenny and vote AGAINST a Rangers Newco gaining entry to the SPL. We all pay our taxes so why the hell shouldn't they.

OBTW, I hear the assets would transfer to the Newco. Can anyone tell me why, on liquidation, the assets are not sold by the liquidators and the creditors paid so much in the pound?

• Agree 2

Renegade is spot on 100%.

No to newco!

Cheers for the email address Don.

Click and sign.

admin@ictfc.co.uk

That's not the e.mail address I provided....the one I gave was admin@ictst.co.uk (st not fc) - I have no idea where (if anywhere) the one you listed goes.

**Personal Opinion** - I think it important that people send their own thoughts on the matter.....canned responses are about as effective as SPAM, imo, and lots of the same e.mail coming in to one address also runs the risk of triggering SPAM filters and preventing any of the messages getting through. If you care enough to want to say something, then take the time to do it properly.

100% with the OP

The SFA/SPL are desperate to keep the Ugly Sisters together, but the integrity of this game in our country is in tatters with all the allegations of criminal activities aimed a R*angers FC.

The 3rd Division or nothing at all. But hang on wont the SFL vote on their entrance to the 3rd Division?

Email sent, but doubt it will make much difference. Will be very interested to see what way each club votes. Hopefully the clubs actually listen to the fans, otherwise it shows the complete disregard in which their views are held.

Also, what of the impact if a club votes with Rangers, but the overall vote still goes against them? True colours will be revealed.

I don't suppose my single stance will hold any sway with our board whatsoever and maybe it shouldn't but I have been considering what I would do in the event of our club voting a newco Rangers back into the SPL since the possibility first emerged in February.

It may be a sad reflection on a middle aged man but ICT are a significant part of my life and one of a limited number of connections with the town of my birth.

I have, often to the amusement of others, been following a team I still stubbornly refer to as The Jaggies ever since I bought my first overcooked bridie from the pie shed at Kingsmills over four decades ago. Witnessed the trauma of merger and stomached being the junior partner in the grand project of Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

I have revelled in the remarkable rise and achievements of the boys playing "primarily in blue" with just a hint of the much more attractive hues of red and black. I think it's wonderful that my children take for granted the fact that the witness international footballers kicking a bit of leather about the Longman every second Saturday whereas when I was their age the realisic ambition was to make the last four of the Qualifying Cup and maybe, just maybe, survive a round or two and and bag a " glamour" tie against the likes of Morton or Kilmarnock.

I am a businessman so I am not naive about the superficial fiscal attraction of contriving a way of keeping Rangers in the SPL and there would no doubt be a short term financial benefit in doing so. In my opinion, however, whichever cub, including our own,went down that route would no longer be worthy of support. Leaving aside the fact that many of those who have follow followed Rangers over the years are steeped in bigotry and sectarian hatred, to which our domestic football authorities have largely turned an expedient blind eye, the club have now been exposed as having lied and cheated their way to success and, having been caught, have shown little or no contrition opting instead to seek scapegoats and to rail against their accusers.

All in all a slightly long winded way to reiterate that I agree with the original poster and to say that in the event of ICT supporting Rangers resuming their place in the SPL as though little or nothing had happened I will never watch them again and, instead, lend my support to Inverurie Loccos who are my local Highland League club.

The loss of my few hundred pounds a year will have very little effect on the club and I actually hope that very few others do likewise or there might be serious consequences beyond the relatively short term pain of doing the right and proper thing as far as the cheats and criminals are concerned.

All that said, the realist in me can see the mighty Gers playing in the SPL as usual next season while I stand in the rain at Harlaw Park. Ach at least they play in colours once sported by another part time team of distant memory and, by way of bonus the pies are tasty, locally sourced and reasonably priced.

• Agree 7