Dear Mr Cameron,

Renegade

The loss of my few hundred pounds a year will have very little effect on the club

Not true. Any loss of revenue can be a prelude to a much larger loss, if it is based on something like principles, fairness and moral turpitude. The Club needs to take that into very careful consideration before they cast their vote.

We are NOT the same as every other club. We are a HIGHLAND club where things like that still matter. What price success if you have to sell your soul to achieve it? Voting a Rangers NewCo in to the SPL will be like making a Faustian pact, and many fans will see it that way.

Excellent post BTW, heartfelt.

So Scottish Football will suffer without the Might RFC ? Scottish Football suffers MORE with them, we will become a laughing stock if they are allowed automatic re entry. Every club will cut its cloth accordingly and get on with it without them but the powers that be have to stand up and be counted now for the future of the game.

Edited to add lets not forget that this is the same club that has made noises about leaving and going to the English Prem for years, as they were to good and to big for the rest of us. Not to good or to big for us now are they? Did they care about Scottish football when they were lifting their skirts up flaunting their wares to the English Prem, Euro Super League etc etc like a cheap tart ? sorry Rangers FC , RIP but please go quietly and take your toothless simpleton bigotted fans with you.

( possibly the longest post i have ever put on here )

Edited by mikeyrob73

If anyone listened to today's radio scotland phone in, it would have divested them of any last shred of sympathy for this odious "institution". There is so much unsubstantiated rubbish being peddled as fact by the west coast media (because if there was no rangers, what would they write about?), their arrogant fans and Mr. Green that the reality seems to be buried under a great steaming pile of bull s*ite.

The SPL will be in a position to vote within the next two weeks about admitting the newco. There can now be no further sitting on the fence on the grounds that its all hypothetical, now is the time to act. It is therefore incumbent upon every SPL chairman to indicate which they will vote in order that supporters (the people who pay the wages) can have their opinion heard and lobbied to these self same chairmen before the vote is cast. Tell the club what you believe should happen.

There is not a single shred of evidence that Sky will pull or devalue the broadcast contract if Rangers (called this for simplicity) are demoted to D3. Sky have said nothing, at least publically.There is a lot of doom laden opinion but NO evidence. No Rangers means a north derby, an edinburgh derby and probably a dundee derby. Each of these games, in addition to being attractive to broadcast will attract greater crowds because there is a chance that the outcome of the games might have some relevance to the outcome of the league. Greater compeditiveness means that standards will rise, or do we pass up this opportunity to watch a hate filled festival of bigotry and bile four times a year? Look at what congregates at the Portland Club every year in July to march through our City and tell me that you'll miss it. Or do nothing for "financial stability"

We may well miss the crowds that Rangers brought to TCS, but are we not on their list of clubs to boycott after our chairman had the temerity to criticise them for bypassing SFA/ FIFA accepted standards to overturn even the meagerest of punishments that have befallen them so far?

Kenny Cameron has a chance, a single chance to come out on the side of decency in this. If he does and things do get financially tight, or we struggle because of it I will remember his decision, do what I can to help and back him to the hilt. I will, however, find it difficult to forgive if we vote to admit the newco with or without further sanctions. I suspect that others will find it equally unpalatable and stay away. From these boards (and others) this is not an isolated opinion. we could lose support in droves and find ourselves equally if not more financially straitened than if we as a club had done the right thing.

In reality, there is little to consider here. Rangers have behaved abominably, cheated and swindled and still refuse to contemplate that they stand or fall by the same rules as the rest of us. They are not too big to die, we don't need them and Mr. Cameron, you need to tell them that we don't want them.

• Agree 4

I think the last time i saw such cross club backing for any football related controversy in the past, was when ICT looked liked being vetoed from joining the league due to not meeting SPL ground regulations.The will of supporters was strong to see a travesty overturned despite the loss of revenue for some and longer journey times etc. Supporters want to see healthy competition,and all are fed up with the stagnation of the game since the 90's. The time has arrived for real change and if the opperchancity is not grasped the battle really is over.

As Kingsmills alluded to, the highland league grounds will probably also see more of me as well if a capitulation takes place.

• Agree 3

I think the last time i saw such cross club backing for any football related controversy in the past, was when ICT looked liked being vetoed from joining the league due to not meeting SPL ground regulations.

Do we know how Rangers voted back in 2004? We "won" the original vote 7-5 but needed 8 votes, then won the subsequent vote 10-2.

ICT statement:

"It is never good to see a Scottish club going into liquidation and it is a pity that Rangers have come to such a position," said Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron.

"As to what happens now at SPL level, as far as our own club is concerned, this is a time to consult and to take stock.

"In the first instance we will sit down as a board and consider what the various potential outcomes are and how the different scenarios may play out.

"Following that, we will be consulting with our fans through our Supporters Trust, as we have done previously on many occasions.

"I would expect the SPL to call a meeting of all the clubs very shortly to appraise us of the current position.

"At our last all club meeting we were virtually assured by the administrators that liquidation was not on their radar following discussions with the leading creditors, but as we now know this was not the case.

"This is not a time for snap judgments or rushed quotes on the issue. We will consider our position and listen to our supporters once the picture becomes clearer.

"Any speculation by certain parties as to how Caley Thistle may or may not vote on a NEWCO is purely that and we find it strange that some seem to know how the club would vote under certain circumstances. They must have a crystal ball."

I think the last time i saw such cross club backing for any football related controversy in the past, was when ICT looked liked being vetoed from joining the league due to not meeting SPL ground regulations.

Do we know how Rangers voted back in 2004? We "won" the original vote 7-5 but needed 8 votes, then won the subsequent vote 10-2.

Maybe not quite clear with my original statement, when i say "cross club backing" i meant from the supporters of clubs.The original vote was clouded by self interest including from our own Chairman at Dens,but the message got through to most that supporters wanted justice and teams in on merit not financial clout or geographical location.

I sincerely hope a newco isn't allowed to enter the SPL. I have no issues with a newco joining the 3rd division. In fact, I'm surprised Rangers haven't angled to move south.

At the moment, I'm holding off from buying a season book. I'm afraid to say that I don't want to attend matches at TCS or Ibrox involving a newco. I feel if fans were to attend these fixtures, it would equate to this newco being offered a degree of legitimacy.

It would be great if Mr Cameron would sign up on here and discuss this - perhaps even to take questions on the chatroom area for a short period? I've not had the pleasure of meet him in person - but I do hold him in high regard as he wants the best for our club.

I'm confident he will do the right thing by voting against.

The SPL was founded on the principle of greed, so it's hardly surprising that each club votes with self-interest at heart.

And I'm not actually criticising anyone for doing that, it's natural.

• Agree 1

The SPL was founded on the principle of greed, so it's hardly surprising that each club votes with self-interest at heart.

And I'm not actually criticising anyone for doing that, it's natural.

Very true.

I've read Kenny Cameron's statement on the club website, and I suppose as one might expect it is very non committal at this stage. However, rather than EMail him and find that my Email ends up in his Spam folder, I have today written to him and posted it first class to let him know how I feel about things, strongly advising him that for the integrity of Scottish football, he should vote 'No' to the 'Newco' being admitted directly to the SPL.

• Agree 1

This is the one and only chance for Scottish Football to be saved from armaggeddon. If they vote to get rid of them, the clubs can vote for much fairer distribution of the tv money as the old firm will no longer be in charge of all voting concerning the league and therefore the clubs could save themselves from financial meltdown. Also we could possibly get the 16 team league all the fans want. There is so much to gain by doing this, I just hope the clubs can see a positive, fairer, more competetive future ahead of them by doing the right thing.

One thing that sticks in the throat about Rangers and has not helped the public feeling towards them, is there utterly undignified and completely classless reaction to any criticism or comment about how the club has been run. Issuing a CVA proposal, then at the same time negotiating with Rino Gattuso is just a massive 2 fingers to everyone. They've disgraced the game in Scotland, devalued an already extremely poor league and gone against the 'ethos' of the game of fair play. They have to and must be punished.

Sorry ICT but i have no interest in SPL football if Rangers are in it next season

• Agree 1

I can see there being a lot of negotiation and an eventual yes. For me these negotiations would need to address the following:

Move towards 16 team top league.

Only one governing body in Scotland.

League sponsorship and TV monies shared equally among all teams in league.

TV coverage to be set to let every team have the same amount of air time in a season. Not whoevers playing OF.

Maybe even look towards the MLS model of player management that does not allow any one team to be dominant every season.

More emphasis of the development of home grown talent and less on foriegn journeymen.

But no none of that will be discussed and chairmen will be bought off with idle promises.

It will be interesting to see Charles Green's next few moves. If clubs vote for Rescue Rangers to be admitted back into the SPL, it is not beyond the bounds of possibility surely that someone makes a fast buck.

At present the investment in Rangers is money being loaned to the the new company for repayment. The investors are just that, people looking for a return. There appears little appetite I would think to buy shares in the new company if offered to the general public or Rangers supporters. He seems to think people will come running and £30m will appear from many pockets. If the shares are retained by the initial few investors, if they can get all assets into the new company including players, just a few transfers could along with season ticket sales provide the working capital for one year of survival. Then after recouping the loan, surely the owners could sell the clean company, assuming it avoids sanctions from the old company's misdemeanours, for a fast buck? This is of course risky. The SPL might not vote in a brand new company so perhaps selling Rangers for £5.5m does not fully take account of the fact that this loan is not repaid if the SPL reject the application and the SFL take Cove Rangers instead. They have more right to enter than Rescue Rangers surely?

'..if the CVA doesn't get approved I am £3m better off.' Sounds very philanthropic doesn't it?

It HAS to be a no vote to allow a Rangers newco to be admitted straight into the SPL. If this was happening to any other SPL side (besides Celtic) i cant help but feel that this whole speculatition about the admittance of a newco would be already sorted and it would be a no vote. If rangers are allowed to complete in the SPL next season it would be an embarrassment to Scottish football going to show that if your a big team with a big support and can supply the league with revenue then you can basically do what you want!

Even if the SPL Club chairman vote against a NewCo you can bet your last penny the SPL will find a way to change the rules to allow them in.

The SPL chairmen are the SPL though.

It's got to be a no to a NewCo being admitted straight back into the SPL. Echoing what most folk have said on here, it is morally the right thing to do. I'm not sure why the businessmen who run the SPL clubs have a business model that relies on any one team being in existence anyway! This vote should be a no brainer.

I'll never forget how hard the SPL clubs made us fight to get into the SPL initially, even though we had earned the right on merit. Same for Falkirk before us except they were treated even more poorly. We had to pay Aberdeen £35k (an absolute fortune for a small club) per game to play at Pittodrie and fans had to make a 6 hour round trip every fortnight for 6 months to just to watch a "home" match. They made us jump through those hoops because they didn't want us, because we're "too far away" and we supposedly wouldn't make the SPL enough money. The "Self Preservation League" some called it.

Voting yes to allowing NewCo Rangers into the SPL might seem like self preservation to some chairmen but I believe it will have the opposite effect. Some fans will stay away and we'll be the laughing stock of the footballing world, as if things weren't bad enough already. FFS we invented the game!!

I hope the chairman does the right thing and votes no.

Edited by TheresNoEsInBlack
  • Agree 1

It will be interesting to see Charles Green's next few moves. If clubs vote for Rescue Rangers to be admitted back into the SPL, it is not beyond the bounds of possibility surely that someone makes a fast buck.

At present the investment in Rangers is money being loaned to the the new company for repayment. The investors are just that, people looking for a return. There appears little appetite I would think to buy shares in the new company if offered to the general public or Rangers supporters. He seems to think people will come running and £30m will appear from many pockets. If the shares are retained by the initial few investors, if they can get all assets into the new company including players, just a few transfers could along with season ticket sales provide the working capital for one year of survival. Then after recouping the loan, surely the owners could sell the clean company, assuming it avoids sanctions from the old company's misdemeanours, for a fast buck? This is of course risky. The SPL might not vote in a brand new company so perhaps selling Rangers for £5.5m does not fully take account of the fact that this loan is not repaid if the SPL reject the application and the SFL take Cove Rangers instead. They have more right to enter than Rescue Rangers surely?

'..if the CVA doesn't get approved I am £3m better off.' Sounds very philanthropic doesn't it?

Note, feel free to delete this and rap me on the knuckles if I am posting an opinion which will get the forum/site into trouble re our libel/slander and being nasty to people laws..or shift it to a more appropriate thread.

If Charles Green is only in it to win it, as he has said....quote from the Daily Fail article of 8th June......

However, he did agree with King's claim that Green - like Whyte - will not last a year at Ibrox.

He added: 'He's absolutely right on that because the minute I finish doing my job here I will leave the club.

'My job is to remove the debts, get Rangers on a sound footing and put £20-30million in the bank. Once that is done, I'm of no use to the club at all.'

So was it Green who saw a moneymaking opportunity for himself.....regardless of what happened with Rangers......and went out looking for investors.......or was it investors who went looking for a front man to help them profit from the previous bad management?

Seems to me, if Green and the accumulated unknown investors had really had Rangers interests at heart, rather than just their own, they'd have offered the £20-£30 million he thinks he can make available for a possibly acceptable CVA, and not hang onto it to buy players for a newco in the SPL. How has the "we are important to Scottish football and have the money to ensure it even if we have to shaft others" mindset changed?

Quote: We said from day one that our intentions were to acquire Rangers and the CVA was always the preferred option. But not, it appears if that means putting the money into Rangers as was, to hold on to the history etc and maybe come up with a CVA which would give the creditors more than 9p-0p in the pound, then not having the money to spend as a newco to keep them in the top two in the SPL when the currently self interested money grubbing clubs vote to let them off with their illegality because moral and ethical has nothing to do with making profit to expand the shareholder take..

I'm hard pushed to differentiate between Murray, Whyte and Green in the chancer stakes....but if Rangers get accepted as a newco, how long is it gong to be before we are back posting like this again? Dundee got conned twice by chancers and were punished......how much leeway is Rangers going to get just because the SPL deem themselves above the SFA, because it is the self-interested vehicle for the OF?

Didn't think the SPL should have been allowed then, and I have never changed my mind since. An elite group with two clubs at the helm, able to control everything and decide on their own regulations to suit those two clubs, completely outside the SFA rules..has given us a "top" tier which has sod all to do with Scottish Football, and everything to do with making profit for the OF. Unfortunately, while there has been no great benefit to the "other 10" in attendances as far as I can see, there has been in income, given the media is keen to televise the Rangers/Celtic bear garden which gets SPL clubs a measure of extra money...(much on the lines of reality TV where the completely irrational makes good telly)....and certainly makes immediate concerns re what can "I get out of it" more important than giving a toss about how the Scottish game is perceived in Scotland, far less world-wide.

Is that worth killing the Scottish game........really? Do we make our game the laughing stock of the world for the sake of two clubs, both of which, if we are going to be completely honest would more than happily bugger off out of Scotland if anybody else was stupid enough to want them? They don't really want to be here.....we don't really want them here....but we still allow them to dictate the terms of their participation in our game.

I think that we have far too many clubs for our population and support levels, tbh, and would welcome a re-organisation of the SFA.......but that reorganisation must include bringing the SPL back into the body of the kirk and not having them as a separate entity above the rules all other clubs have to endure.

• Agree 3

I find it ironic that the potential "saviours" of Rangers over the last year have been messrs 'Green and Whyte' .... definitely agree they should be made to jump through 'hoops'. sorry could not resist it.

• Agree 2

Bring out the dead, bring out the dead........................

But I am not dead yet..................................................

You are now................................................................

SPL football is suddenly going to be a whole lot more exciting....

Motherwell - Champions League

Hearts - Cup winners

Kilmarnock - Cup Winners

Celtic - Whingers

For 2012/13 a spare place in the top 6 and real competition with every team trying to bring Celtic down

Hopefully the SPL will find old Rangers guilty of player contracts cheating and strip them of titles thus allowing many teams to glow in retrospective glory. For those who have followed the Olympic torch, that is the true spirit of sport.

It would be asinine to allow them into the SPL without being demoted.

To do so would be to flaunt the rules that should be sacrosanct until they are changed only by due process (within the rules of course).

To flaunt the rules would render them toothless and meaningless. Which means that referees' decisions would also be open to contempt and a refusal by the players to obey him could also be instigated at will on the grounds that the rules no longer exist because his decisions are made within the framework of , and at the direction of, the SFA who have put these rules in place.

And what rule could censure all the clubs at once if they refused to play Rangers F C right from the start of the season. Chaos would result.

And what rule could force clubs to pay a fine levied by the SFA if they ALL refused to co-operate and said over and over again said that the rules no longer existed .They could make the lives of these SFA officials a complete misery and a complete nightmare

To even think of allowing such a precedent to be set just to favour a club who more times than not always seem to get more than their fair share of decisions on the park going their way (against the rules of course) would be to pen up a very dangerous can of worms indeed. It would lower the moral compass po0f the SPL, the SFA, of the clubs who voted for it and of Scottish Football in general would be in tatters and the laughing stock of all football as complete, irresponsible, games-playing idiots.

Besides, The Pimple wants to see an SPL without Rangers just to prove that we can all get along just fine without them.

• Agree 1