Mark All Posts As Read does not work

i checked what you sent me on email ... its the filter you are using .... i think we had this conversation before. In fact, we even posted a blog to explain it:

basically, on the left side of your page, click 'content I have not read' instead of 'new since my last visit' !

I have never had a problem, before a few days ago, in marking all posts as read and, to my best recollection, I had been working under the left margin selection of "content that I have not read" basically since you changed the site.

Then the problem arrived although, as stated above, I have never had occasion to change any selection ---since it was working fine--that's a no brainer....eh?...... but before starting this post I had a look at the filters and found that NONE were selected. Why? Haven't got a clue.--something happened to change the original selection that I had made long ago when you changed the site and I know it definitley was not consciously done by me.

Being mildly surprised, I selected what you saw in the screenshot and then I tried again but without result. So I will now change to what you recommend and , hopefully, all's well that ends well.

Having now read your blog, being a simple enough soul I had to read it more than once just to make sure I more or less understood it. It sure is complicated. I can't recall ever having read it in it's entirety--once I got everything working fine I never bothered to go that far back to find instructions.However, I must have read it in the past but being double your age, Scotty, please remember that my memory is not as sharp or as good as yours may be. And, in addition, this is your baby and you are working with it day and daily so how can I remember all the stuff that you have in your head when I access it only once in a blue moon?

And may I just ask why you and Don have made the site so complicated and not as simple as it was before? Why so many selections? Is the theory in electronics nowadays that more is always good or to put it another way--when is enough not enough.

Microsoft changes everything every five minutes so that they can force us all to buy a new email programme or a new operating system when there was nothing radically wrong with the existing setups. e. g. Outlook Express for the constantly problematic Windows Live Mail and XP for Windows 7 etc. But what exactly do you and Don gain from your major changes apart from keeping up with the Jones's of the computer world.? Certainly not money.

I.m off to make my change. OMG I hope it works.