Elgin away 14th July

RedCard

She informs me that the whole of Elgin has been renovated since you were in the custody suite..........apart from yon old church thing on King Street.

• 4 weeks later...

There's 2 smith and jones and a weather spoons in the centre of town. Also the thunderton. Ages since I've been there so no sure what's the best.

Are you not mistaking that fer the feckin Thunderdome ?

You'd know better than me IHE! Lol

Thunderton (Thunderdome/Thunderbum etc etc) is under new management and isn't as good as it used to be. They will be serving lunches pre match, so expect a family atmosphere where more people will be there to eat rather than drink.

The Granary is about 20 yards away from the Thunderton and is indeed a chain pub. Again at that time of the day it will be families in here having lunch and like the Smith and Jones pub is overpriced and devoid of character.

I'm still dithering on whether to head through, but the pubs I'd visit would be the Wetherspoons (Muckle Cross) as it's cheap and has a good choice of continental and local ales. Note* stay away from the Ionic across the road...

I'd then either head straight to the Elgin City Social club in the stadium or have a quick visit to the White Horse on the high street for a game of darts, pool and £1 in the surprisingly good jukebox. The Vic is also good for real ales usually, so that'd be a post match visit; before heading to home.

Think the Thunderton is now called the Granary, Belhaven pub like Exchange and Auctioneers.

Elgin also have a few ex ICT lads, although I understand Barry Wilson is no longer their

As far as I'm aware Barry is still at Elgin as player/coach. I'd imagine his playing time will be a lot less than previous considering he must be 39 now. I noticed he played right back last season. Dennis Wyness has also signed for them.

Think the Thunderton is now called the Granary, Belhaven pub like Exchange and Auctioneers.

Elgin also have a few ex ICT lads, although I understand Barry Wilson is no longer their

As far as I'm aware Barry is still at Elgin as player/coach. I'd imagine his playing time will be a lot less than previous considering he must be 39 now. I noticed he played right back last season. Dennis Wyness has also signed for them.

As far as I am aware hes still there as player/assistant manager and was playing as sweeper towards the end of last season and did so in the play off games. Jamie Duff is also there.

I am feckin tempted !!! What is the itinerary ?

Me and Mark are leaving Glasgow at 06:30 via Edinburgh and Aberdeen, will be in Elgin by 12, Roger is coming through with Jimmy and meeting us about 13:30, get your arse to this game :)

Barry Wilson has left Elgin, currently not involved in football at all, he will be there as assistant manager if the current one cant make it etc but he is currently leaving football to concentrate on his new shop