Elgin away 14th July

RedCard

Any feedback on the game?

Yeah, we played not too bad. We played at a leisurely pace which is expected due to the opposition. David Raven had a nightmare of a start in the first 5 mins but picked him self up and had a better second half. Andrew Shinnie missed an awful lot of chances but was pleasing that he was getting into space. Nick Ross came on Second half and done really well on the left wing, and took his goal well. Surprised Terry only made one substitution but good to see a win.

There was a centre half that played today, not sure on his name who I thought was really good at organising the defence today. Ross Draper was good too.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Cheers - I suspect the centre half would have been Simon King

Yeah, that's him. He was good. Also to quote Doresboy, Yes we do. Billy McKay on his own is not going to work. He needs to feed the ball to someone. He's useless on his own.

Missing a striker and David Raven had an absolute mare, very few positives to take out of that other than our centre half partnership look sound

There was a striker on the bench - why only one sub - Nick made all the difference, scored the goal. Strange that Elgin used umpteen subs, but ICT used only one. Why?

a very frustrating game in terms of missing chances. but i thought we were passing the ball and creating chances against a determined elgin team. esson was fine but i am desperate to see reguero have a game. i thought raven was awful. a bit better in the second half but he is going to be a liability. two centre backs - meekings and new boy simon king were very good. graeme shinnie played well and linked up well with his brother really well. draper and foran in midfield are great, i really like there tough tackling, no nonsense play. two wingers, doran is going to be an important player for us. as long as he doesnt get injured. i am not a huge fan of sutherland but i thought he played not to bad today. andrew shinnie is different class just needs to be able to finish. and mckay just chases lost causes all day. his movement is excellent but just doesnt get the service. and as for the one sub nick ross - if he doesnt get regular first team football this season then i dont know what is wrong with terry and mo. one or two new faces away and i think we are pretty well there.

My goodness what a boring game! Still, as pre-season games go it was a good work out for the team so I suppose that's the main thing!

We seem to be missing the killer touch in front of goal. Glad we played (or tried to play) passing football instead of the hoof. We had plenty of chances as well but struggled to convert them.

I thought the trialist (name escapes me) had a good game.

Edited by CapitalCaley

Simon King was good. His wiki page doesn't make good reading but explains why we signed him, long injury ect ect. We were not good at all to be honest. Suprisred at the lack of subs but hey, the boss knows best. Raven was dreadful. Where is Stuart Duff when you need him ;)

My view of the game was that Elgin looked to me like a really good team. I won't be surprised if they have another good season actually, with the number 14 at right wing being very impressive and what about Miller the number 12! He must be the biggest human being I've ever seen! I thought ICT were alright, but really need someone who can lead the line up top. McKay tries hard, but if he's got no-one to work with, he may as well stay at home. Sutherland is another one - puts the effort in but is quite simply not a winger. Graeme Shinnie was quite good as was Doran and I think that this Draper fellow might come on to a good game. Ross also did well.

Simon King seemed solid enough and while not the biggest of centre-halves seems to be able to distribute the ball well from the back in a similar manner to the way Golobart did last season. Sadly though I can't say the same for Raven. I thought he was rotten.

Overall an alright display against a decent and hard working Elgin team, but while I know that Butcher says the signings are up for this window, a striker is still really needed.

I must say as well, that of all the grounds I go to, Elgin are always the most unwelcoming. Bitchy, bitter comments towards fans and the team the whole match. It's not a nice place to go to. They're still stuck in the past thinking they were watching Caley.

• Agree 2

ECFC fans, and a lot of Elgin people in general, just have a mountain-sized chip on their shoulder. They think they should be equal/better than Inverness but almost always prove to be inferior. Damn shame.

Having said that, I would love to have them in the same league as us. Proper rivalry, not this namby pamby Highland Derby stuff.

ECFC fans, and a lot of Elgin people in general, just have a mountain-sized chip on their shoulder. They think they should be equal/better than Inverness but almost always prove to be inferior. Damn shame.

i used to have to commute to that whole and work with the trolls thst live there everyday an can honestly say that it is worse than anyplace i have ever visited/worked and that includes kosovo folks

Having said that, I would love to have them in the same league as us. Proper rivalry, not this namby pamby Highland Derby stuff.