Fund-Raising Ideas

Scotty

I believe B&Q have that on the roof of all their stores. Also how often to planes actually fly over the stadium? Not knocking the idea but research needed. As the winds in the east of Scotland are generally from the west and south then I'd have thought the more common approach to the runway would be from the north east.

The planes all seem to turn out Loch Ness way and then come in over the town. Every time I've flown to Inverness it's done that and I see them going by the house every day.

Here's another idea though - have the club looked at ways of selling shirts in more mainstream sports shops? I was in that JD shop up the Retail Park earlier and they have, as soon as you go in the door, the new home and away County shirts. Surely ICT could do this, or is it more to do with County having Diadora made shirts, while ICT have the very mediocre Errea brand? I've always wondered as well how many tourists have bought Celtic shirts as they have a shop in the town and they want something from a Scottish team.

Talking of shops, why not have one of the 1st team players manning the club shop from 4 to 5 every day? Shouldn't bugger up their social life too much and might be a way of getting a load of youngsters coming down and spending their parents' money after school.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mate of mine is an Arab and becasue the recent derby was a sell out the club asked any season ticket holders that wouldnt make the game to volunteer their seats so the club could sell them. Seems perfectly sensible. Empty seats sold for £20 -£25 a head may not set the heather alight but might make a few extra quid.

• Agree 1

To elaborate on your point sheepslagger, it'd appeal more to folk if the seat was sold at a reduced rate - after all, the seat has technically already been paid for.

For instance, season ticket holders offer up their seats for a game they cant make, and people wanting tickets for the match can phone in advance and pre-book that seat for 5er off. Subject to availability of course.

The only real issue with it would be policing it. What's to say a holder offers up their ticket, and then decided on match day that they could in fact make the fiture after all... hmmm

How about setting up a deal with a local restaurant. By visiting the restaurant you could get a voucher that allows you to buy a ticket for half price or something like that for a game (probably excluding Ross County and Celtic). In return the club could advertise the restaurant at the stadium and promote any special offers they have or hand out menus/money off vouchers if the restaurant was willing to do this as well.

There's a place on academy street that had a poster int he window saying 'tickets here' for the Celtic match.

I presume it's here AND Eden Court where tickets are now available in the town?

Just heard a good one on the radio.if u buy a season ticket for Dundee u can get money of at many business in the local area just by showing ur season ticket.also free entry to certain night clubs cinemas theatres and leisure facilities.they say that using your ticket at these places can more than save u the price of ur ticket.mybe to late for this season but could work next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Libero, I have details of a few companies who offer such a service...the biggest problem I have had with trying to get it off the ground is the charges that apply for rental of short code/words and the fact they take a not insubstantial chunk of the entry money.

Not sure if it's sensible to ask fans to "invest" £2 when in reality less than half of that could end up going to the club....although I also realise that half of nothing is better than 100% of nothing.

Fire me over the link for the company you have and I'll take a look though.

is it just me or is half of nothin not actually the exact same as 100% of nothin goin along the lines of how deep is half a hole

Has the investing in a block of ICT shares died a death.

I'll rephrase that, could CJT please look at the options available regarding allowing fans to invest in ICT via Caley Jags Together with regards to buying a block of shares, can you notify users of progression, give a timescale of when this will come to fruition and submit details regarding the transaction.

Thanks.

Edited by 12th Man

It certainly has not, we just had to check out the logistics of it to ensure that we do it in the correct (legal) manner.

We've talked to the club, I'm in the process of putting together the proposal document outlining the how's and why's of it all and the CJT treasurer is getting an account set up. That should all be in place and ready for final sign off by the CJT Board at our next meeting (first week in October) and will be launched straight after that.

• Agree 1

Libero, I have details of a few companies who offer such a service...the biggest problem I have had with trying to get it off the ground is the charges that apply for rental of short code/words and the fact they take a not insubstantial chunk of the entry money.

Not sure if it's sensible to ask fans to "invest" £2 when in reality less than half of that could end up going to the club....although I also realise that half of nothing is better than 100% of nothing.

Fire me over the link for the company you have and I'll take a look though.

is it just me or is half of nothin not actually the exact same as 100% of nothin goin along the lines of how deep is half a hole

Doh!!! Half of something being better than 100% of nothing is what I meant :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Was just looking through my stenhousemuir programme and came across this...

Rewards Scheme

The Rewards Scheme gives all under 16s the chance to come along and support their local

team for FREE. As well as a free Stenhousemuir FC Rewards Scheme Season Ticket, Young

Warriors are rewarded by attending more games:

• Attend 3 games - receive a unique Rewards Scheme Scarf
  • Attend 6 games - receive a unique Rewards Scheme Bootbag
  • Attend 9 games - receive a replica SFC Away Top

Maybe ICT should look into doing something like this

Dont know if this has been brought up but easysearch.org.uk and easyfundraising.org.uk is very good i know a few local schools and clubs close to me that have used them to raise money and have rasied a fairly substantial amount of money.

You can raise money by seaching the internet with easysearch (I admit its hard to make that switch from google) and shopping through hundreds of online retailers including Amazon, ebay e.t.c. and the organisation in question recieves a percentage of the purchase price.

We wouldnt be able to raise money for the club directly (id imagine) but the supporters trust/supporters club would be prime candidates. (as an organisation)

• Agree 1

Has the investing in a block of ICT shares died a death.

I'll rephrase that, could CJT please look at the options available regarding allowing fans to invest in ICT via Caley Jags Together with regards to buying a block of shares, can you notify users of progression, give a timescale of when this will come to fruition and submit details regarding the transaction.

Thanks.

It certainly has not, we just had to check out the logistics of it to ensure that we do it in the correct (legal) manner.

We've talked to the club, I'm in the process of putting together the proposal document outlining the how's and why's of it all and the CJT treasurer is getting an account set up. That should all be in place and ready for final sign off by the CJT Board at our next meeting (first week in October) and will be launched straight after that.

A quick update.....

The CJT Board signed off on this on Tuesday night. Just some tweaks needed to the documentation and we'll be ready to launch this...hopefully towards end of next week or start of week after.

The season ticket which gives discounts at various restaurants, cinemas etc. is a great idea and can drive business for both parties as everyone loves a discount! It might even encourage people who go to games regularly and choose not to get a ST to get one if the offers were good enough?

Also, has Groupon, or similar, ever been considered for a ticket offer? Not totally sure of the %'s involved so may not be worth it but surely for smaller games, i.e. not County/Celtic/Aberdeen, it could drive sales if, for example, a £30 adult + 2 kids ticket or a 2 for 1 was offered? As has been noted above, half of something is better than 100% of nothing!

Another thing which can work well is the Fan Appreciation Day. Nominate a perhaps quieter game at the end of the season, get a few interactive games going on inside the stadium from 2/3 hours before kick off where you can with prizes which obviously will be covered in ICT logo's (caps, hats, scarves, t-shirts, miniballs, whatever) which are relatively cheaply produced and with sponsorship could be basically free for the club? Maybe not directly fundraising but anything which creates a positive relationship between fans and club can only encourage the fans to spend their hard earned with the club longer term?

What about a Raffle on the grand scale of the team over the bridge?

First Prize.

This is a 7-day cruise (7 days and 6 nights) aboard the brand new Dixie Belle of the Gypsy Queen Line.

All flights, transfers, lodging, food and drink (even one dinner at the captains table as his personal guest!) are included in the prize!

post-3683-0-43955300-1350167471.jpg

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, and know not all of these are "fund raising" ideas, but they could generate more money for ICT none the less.

1. I was reading earlier that Kilmarnock make their own shirts (under the name 1869, the year they were formed) and get more money out of this than they would if their shirts were made by a separate company like most others.  With many people's dislike for Errea (with reasons given such as poor designs, poor sizing and that time the away kits never turned up for about six months!), would it be beneficial for ICT to start making it's own shirts as well?

2. Away Fans - As we have experienced at other grounds (such as St Mirren Park and McDiarmid Park), where it is expected that opposition team will bring a very small support (such as Kilmarnock's seventy a few weeks ago), would it not be more beneficial to house them in the right wing of the Main Stand as opposed to the South Stand?  This would mean closing the South Stand for that game and thus needing to have less police and stewards for them and thus save the costs.  The away fans could use to the facilities in the Main Stand as we did a few weeks ago at Fir Park.  This was also done a couple of seasons back in a League Cup game against Queen's Park.

3. Again as we saw at Fir Park, is there any need to have police present at games where trouble is unlikely to occur?  Obviously for the likes of Celtic, Ross County and possibly Aberdeen, and other games where a big attendance is likely, it is appropriate for them to be there, but are they really needed for the likes of  the aforementioned Kilmarnock game when it was more likely that Ryan Esson would score a hat-trick than a riot breaking out!  I do believe though that this is something the club is looking at.

Also, are "fan stewards" the way forward?  This is what Partick Thistle do apparently and presumably cuts costs in the way that a stewarding firm doesn't need to be brought in.

• Agree 5

Agree with Rene. Weve seen a few good ideas at other clubs this season. As well as the ones he mentioned the ones I can think of the top of my head were

1 Dundee - Season Ticket holders benefit scheme ie discounts at local shops. entertainment venues etc for st holders. (not fundraising but maybe encourage sales).

Motherwell - Have lunch with the players days.

Aberdeen - Ladies days. An untapped market by ICT as far as I can see.

Im sure there are loads more and think it would be an idea if the commercial staff could go looking at what other clubs are doing (sfl too) and pinch/copy some of the ideas. Im not sure they all would work but Im sure some would for us.

• Agree 2

I'd like to see some sort of tie in between season tickets and the centenary club draw, maybe with an option to increase price for a decent sized win. People like a flutter, a pre season competition open to season ticket holders whereby you predict our scores for each game of the season, with a supporters league table in the match day program and prizes at the end of the season would also be popular IMO.

• 2 months later...

Hows about a Student Diary/Calendar?
IE July through June instead of Jan to Dec.

I'd prefer one of them, and it can incorporate the fixture list onto the dates too. Not only that but players who have left the club by May wont be emerging on the calendars from June onwards...

• Agree 2

players who have left the club by May wont be emerging on the calendars from June onwards...

Not necessarily true, it depends on when their departure is decided. My experience is that editing and printing takes about 6 weeks, but it may be quicker in Scotland.

Edited by Rainbow