Tour de France

bauhaus

Fabian Cancellara wins the prologue, Bradley Wiggins second.

When is the Armstrong verdict due, that could overshadow the Tour if he's convicted during the race.

The US authorities have again investigated Armstrong for the last 2 years and have no intention of prosecuting him. He is now being hounded by the US sports authorities based on the testimony of a number of confirmed liars and former drugs cheats that the American legal system decided were in all probability based on jealousy.

He has been tested in excess of 500 times during his career and has never been positive.

He was always a phenomenal engine from when he first started racing and incredibly motivated. If he is ever proven to have been a cheat then he must have had the very best chemists in the world in his employ, because the testing systems declare a positive in the event that any masking agent is found

All that will be revealed about him during this Tour de France I suspect will be further innuendo.

• 3 weeks later...

Not long before Wiggins cycles triumphantly into Paris. What an achievement, and what an incredible turn round in UK fortunes in the past few years since the appointment of Brailsford as UK cycling supremo. The man deserves a knighthood. I don't suppose he'd be interested in running the SPL and SLF? Thats the type of guy needed to get Scottish football back on its feet.

Not long before Wiggins cycles triumphantly into Paris. What an achievement, and what an incredible turn round in UK fortunes in the past few years since the appointment of Brailsford as UK cycling supremo. The man deserves a knighthood. I don't suppose he'd be interested in running the SPL and SLF? Thats the type of guy needed to get Scottish football back on its feet.

Brailsford carried on what was started by Chris Boardmans coach Peter Keen. An overnight turnaround in GB cyclings fortunes that has taken 18 years so far.

if some won from scotland won it dont think it be all over sky news

Not true. Robert Millar was the great British hope of the early eighties and got a lot of publicity. He was king of the mountains in 84 and the first ever Brit to win a jersey.

• 2 weeks later...

Millar was a legend and charismatic-I met him once. There is a documentary about him which is on DVD "The High Life".

Sadly he disappeared from the face of the Earth for a while but apparently resurfaced in Dorset living as a woman, Philippa Hill.

There's a book about this called "Looking For Robert Millar".

Millar was a legend and charismatic-I met him once. There is a documentary about him which is on DVD "The High Life".

Sadly he disappeared from the face of the Earth for a while but apparently resurfaced in Dorset living as a woman, Philippa Hill.

I thought you were joking but it appears to be true (although his name is actually Phillipa York rather than Hill, my sources tell me).

The other famous Scottish cylist Graeme Obree turned out to be bipolar, gay, and made 3 suicide attempts.

Somebody should warn Hoy that those hard bike seats must do something to you.

I thought you were joking but it appears to be true (although his name is actually Phillipa York rather than Hill, my sources tell me).

Yeah you'll be right, the old Mantis memory is not what it was. Dunno where I got Hill from.

P.S. The book is actually 'In Search of Robert Millar'

Edited by TheMantis

Yeah you'll be right, the old Mantis memory is not what it was. Dunno where I got Hill from.

P.S. The book is actually 'In Search of Robert Millar'

Maybe you were thinking of a Glasgow childrens hospital and got a bit mixed up................Yorkhill

• 4 weeks later...

Fabian Cancellara wins the prologue, Bradley Wiggins second.

When is the Armstrong verdict due, that could overshadow the Tour if he's convicted during the race.

The US authorities have again investigated Armstrong for the last 2 years and have no intention of prosecuting him. He is now being hounded by the US sports authorities based on the testimony of a number of confirmed liars and former drugs cheats that the American legal system decided were in all probability based on jealousy.

He has been tested in excess of 500 times during his career and has never been positive.

He was always a phenomenal engine from when he first started racing and incredibly motivated. If he is ever proven to have been a cheat then he must have had the very best chemists in the world in his employ, because the testing systems declare a positive in the event that any masking agent is found

All that will be revealed about him during this Tour de France I suspect will be further innuendo.

Oh well. Armstrong hasn't contested the charges and will likely have all his titles since 1998 stripped.