3rd or 1st

bauhaus

Very good statement from Stenhousemuir tonight. http://sport.stv.tv/...gers-sfl-entry/

It is now time for supporters to step back and help get the season under way.

Here is an excellent balanced piece on the state of our leagues finances. It also poses the question have the authorties been poor at negotiating the best deal for our game?

http://saintinasia.w...pare-to-europe/

It is on the face of it a clever piece of work. I saw an article recently that showed the English (Welsh) Premier League price per game against the annual sum for showing SPL matches and it was way out of proportion. The Scottish game does appear to be quite poorly supported by TV revenue compared to other countries. That said, now is the time for all supporters to throw off the shackles of Rangers buying success at the expense of virtually every other team, and create a better following throughout the leagues. If the new Rangers cannot produce a credible case this week to show they have a medium term business case, they genuinely have assets that are sustainable if accepted into Division 3, their office bearers are deemed fit and proper, they accept the transfer embargo or one within the rules, etc, then we have a whole new ball game in Scottish football. If Cove Rangers or Spartans were to be successful, then the danger for Clyde or perhaps East Stirling or dare I say it, Partick, might be bought out by those wishing to relaunch Rangers by another route. That assumes the liquidator does not find valid grounds to show that in fact the assets legally still belong to the company about to be liquidated.

Articles such as that look good until you start to drill down into the information. They are also full of a lot of "What Ifs", a lot of which we are a long way from ever realising, even if we were to start bringing about the positive changes needed as from today.

IMO, it's the constant "looking elsewhere" and comparing ourselves to others and dreaming of having what they have which causes so many problems. What's needed is for people to sit down and develop a system/set-up which works for us here and now.

Looking at the comparison with Belgium....they may get 45 Million Euros a year in TV rights, but that is from a national TV provider who delivers their content via the Internet (cheaper than satellite, cable etc) and who broadcast every league game. That kind of set-up is not an option in Scotland because we do not have a broadband network capable of delivering such a service to enough people to make it viable. You also have to consider the fact that Belgium has twice the population of Scotland...so they're delivering/selling to a larger audience. Using attendances as your driving factor for comparison of TV viewers doesn't work either....because if someone is going to matches then they're not your primary target for selling TV too, which makes those stats practically worthless.

• Agree 2

If the bigots knew their history they'd know that the Battle of the Boyne was a significant date and event in the history of Scotland. The Usurper King William of Orange against the deposed King James II of England and VII of Scotland. And typical as those people are they celebrate a battle on 12th July that actually took place the day before.

I like dates very much, 12th or 13th of July hardly matters

King William was actually the husband of the Queen Mary, daughter of James, who abdicated. William to all intents and purposes in modern times was similar to Prince Philip.

If the Scots were so interested in the British crown, why did they not join the Caveliers to defeat Cromwell?

Anyway not to spark an off topic row I have posted elsewhere

Why do they have to quote what cash is generated compared to �0 money.

Rangers is not the only club in Scotland.

Will there still be an interest in watching SPL football on tv, yes.

Will there still be a market for sponsorship, yes.

Will Rangers increase income for the SFL through tv deals, yes

Will Rangers fans enjoy their once in a lifetime tours of the 3rd, 2nd and 1st div grounds, yes

Will the SFL clubs earn more money for a season with Rangers in it, yes. 3,000+ away fans at �15 a pop, increased home fans for the tie,and all the other money making add ons twice a season. compared to 350 fans? in div 3

The hit wont be as bad as people want to admit. They need 15 yes for div 1 from 28 voters or 13 nos and their pooped. A compromise would be div 3 for a season, a new 2 tier SPL, they join the lower tier and assuming they are back in the SPL withing 2 years, I would rather they go through all the leagues but if their only out for one season its a joke.

I will answer them in order:

Yes, however the audience will be reduced by at least 40% so the broadcast contract will be reduced by at least that amount.

Yes, but unlikely at the same level. The League Cup is currently searching for a sponsor I believe.

Yes, but they are starting from a very low base. This will probably be a redistribution of TV money already in the game. ie. SPL offering to provide SFL with a million pounds to broadcast rangers games.

Yes, at first. But it won't last. Attendence at ibrox will be a small fraction of historical attendences once the they realise their 8 players aren't competive even at Div 3. (With current players they would struggle to win promotion from Div 1) How quickly will crowds decline once this become obvious?

Probably, but this will be offset by extra policing costs and the cost of stadium repairs (A cheap shot, sorry)

If sporting integrity and the rules are the things that matter, then it isn't necessary to justify the financial reasons to counter somebody else's poor argument. Whether the Div 3 clubs are finacially better off or not with Rangers is Div 3 simply does not matter. Anyone who makes this argument is no better than Regan and Doncaster

Personally I feel that Rangers have to pay the price, but who should they compensate? As many of Scotlands Football league teams as possible, so if they enter the SFL 3, they will provide added income to all teams which they will pass on the way back up the leagues, apart from those relegated the season they go up. So I propose that Rangers are to play pre season friendlies against those teams who miss out.

When I find myself in times of trouble, the SFL comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

And in my hour of darkness the SFL is standing right in front of me

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be

Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

And when the broken hearted executives living in the world agree

There will be an answer, let it be

For though they may be greedy, there is still a chance that they will see

And when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me

Shine until tomorrow, let it be

I wake up to the sound of relegation, SFL Division 1 Mary comes to me

Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be

Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be

Yip - bottom line - SFL Division 1 - LET IT FECKIN BE.

A friend has just shown me this complete tripe from Craig Burley and I thought I would share it with anyone who might not have seen it because, like myself, try to ignore such lavvy roll journalism. Who/what on earth does he think he is?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/07/08/craig-burley-column-sfl-minnows-must-vote-rangers-newco-into-first-division-86908-23906004/

What a clever man, he insults just about everyone, all these 'pathetic little clubs' say we dont want those arrogant tos#ers in div 1, we dont even want them in div 3,

The Sweeney, aka Regan and Carter Doncaster, force themselves to create a SPL 2 and put Rangers, Rangers 2012, IOU £124,500,000, The Rangers, in the second tier and save their overinflated wages, Scottish football from ruin.

How many meetings has Doncaster had with the media to get a rough guide as to what the tv companies are prepared to pay with out Rangers, if they will Honor next season without Rangers in the top flight, how much is a 2 year deal worth to follow on, considering these 2 mighty OF clubs won only 1 trophy last season between them why do they need to control Scottish football.

Why do they have to quote what cash is generated compared to �0 money.

Rangers is not the only club in Scotland.

Will there still be an interest in watching SPL football on tv, yes.

Will there still be a market for sponsorship, yes.

Will Rangers increase income for the SFL through tv deals, yes

Will Rangers fans enjoy their once in a lifetime tours of the 3rd, 2nd and 1st div grounds, yes

Will the SFL clubs earn more money for a season with Rangers in it, yes. 3,000+ away fans at �15 a pop, increased home fans for the tie,and all the other money making add ons twice a season. compared to 350 fans? in div 3

The hit wont be as bad as people want to admit. They need 15 yes for div 1 from 28 voters or 13 nos and their pooped. A compromise would be div 3 for a season, a new 2 tier SPL, they join the lower tier and assuming they are back in the SPL withing 2 years, I would rather they go through all the leagues but if their only out for one season its a joke.

I will answer them in order:

Yes, however the audience will be reduced by at least 40% so the broadcast contract will be reduced by at least that amount.

Yes, but unlikely at the same level. The League Cup is currently searching for a sponsor I believe.

Yes, but they are starting from a very low base. This will probably be a redistribution of TV money already in the game. ie. SPL offering to provide SFL with a million pounds to broadcast rangers games.

Yes, at first. But it won't last. Attendence at ibrox will be a small fraction of historical attendences once the they realize their 8 players aren't competive even at Div 3. (With current players they would struggle to win promotion from Div 1) How quickly will crowds decline once this become obvious?

Probably, but this will be offset by extra policing costs and the cost of stadium repairs (A cheap shot, sorry)

If sporting integrity and the rules are the things that matter, then it isn't necessary to justify the financial reasons to counter somebody else's poor argument. Whether the Div 3 clubs are finacially better off or not with Rangers is Div 3 simply does not matter. Anyone who makes this argument is no better than Regan and Doncaster

The sole reason for making those points was to suggest that the threats being made to the SFL clubs by Doncaster and Regan are false and some money will be created as opposed to none. The SFL clubs are being threatened with being responsible for destroying Scottish football if they do what they think is right, I am merely pointing out that it may not be as bad as they suggest.

We all know that if sky pulled out with Rangers in the third division we would get some kind of deal from another company, but how much less would it be. If it made a difference of £ 500,000 PER CLUB, look at what happened to us when we were relegated, that was £ 1,000,000 less in the season. So it wouldnt be so bad, only half the staff we lost times 12 clubs would be effected, and less quality on the park for players. So it wouldnt be that bad, would it?

A friend has just shown me this complete tripe from Craig Burley and I thought I would share it with anyone who might not have seen it because, like myself, try to ignore such lavvy roll journalism. Who/what on earth does he think he is?

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23906004/

I doubt if Burley is capeable of writing even this dreadful p**h. It will maybe have been ghostwritten by Jim Traynor in acordance with Daily Record editorial policy that the interest's of Rangers must be preserved at all costs and it dosent matter who else suffers.

We all know that if sky pulled out with Rangers in the third division we would get some kind of deal from another company, but how much less would it be. If it made a difference of £ 500,000 PER CLUB, look at what happened to us when we were relegated, that was £ 1,000,000 less in the season. So it wouldnt be so bad, only half the staff we lost times 12 clubs would be effected, and less quality on the park for players. So it wouldnt be that bad, would it?

ICT had (some) money in the bank and were able to sell assets and secure investment to allow us to meet the cost of that relegation season....and that was a season where we had prepared for operating on a reduced income.

This season we have prepared for an SPL season and that will have been done with some expectation on an income which reflected previous SPL seasons. It would be impossible to slash our costs to the extent we would have done for a relegation season at this stage. We also have no assets left to sell and any additional investment will have been looked at to fill the existing £250k gap in our finances.

If you believe for one second that a £500k drop in income "wouldn't be that bad" then you need to be thinking again. ICT cannot afford to lose a single penny this season, so any loss in income MUST be made up for with additional investment. There's no sugar-coating it....if we don't mange to do that, then it's curtains.

No, I don't think so.

I just think Scottish Football has lost it's way a bit. As a nation we have (had?) one of the highest attendance levels per head of population anywhere in the world and we need to be capitalising on...and growing...that.

Scottish football was far more healthy in the days before the big TV contracts and the income that produced....no reason why it couldn't be again if it needed too. In fact, no reasons why it can't have the best of both worlds...all it needs is for Club Boards to invest properly in the Social Values of the game and many of the other things would take care of themselves.

Sad fact of the matter is if ICT don't produce football that is "easier on the eye" again this season the attendances will drop again, its an entertainment business not just a results one and if people aren't getting entertained they will spend what little disposable income they have on other things.

This whole "we have the highest per capita attendance in the world" ismeaningless. If anything it shows there is a reduced capacity for growth. It is like saying that Jamaca win the olympics because they win the most medals per capita

This whole "we have the highest per capita attendance in the world" ismeaningless. If anything it shows there is a reduced capacity for growth. It is like saying that Jamaca win the olympics because they win the most medals per capita

I was using it to demonstrate that, as a nation, we still like our football....regardless of everything that goes on. i.e. it is far from a dead sport and there is the fans to support it if the clubs and association(s) can get their act together.

The goode owd days, with 3rd Lanark

Bring them back

When Britsh Railways were breaking up I went to a meeting to change their name to a privitised name ( For Fire Prevention )

I suggested 3rd Lanark

One man in the audience realied what II meant by 3rd Lanark

Maybe we should remember nobody saved them, No Daily record campaign

Surprised there isn't a bit of discussion about the proposals for reform issued jointly by the 3 Scottish football bodies today. Details on the BBC at http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18795597.

Many have been calling for reform for a while but there have been few sensible proposals coming from the authorities. Now they come up with this plan 2 days before the SFL decide what do with Newco's application and it appears that the ploy here is that somehow these plans are only viable if Newco go into division 1. That, of course, is absolute nonesense so hopefully these proposals will not deflect the SFL chairmen doing their duty and either not accepting a Newco application at all or insisting they go to division 3.

One would have thought the authorities would have got the Newco situation sorted out first and then launched discussions regarding reform. Is there no end to the ineptness of those who run Scottish football?