Buckie roll call

Caleyjag

anyone know anything about M Cooper and K Buchan?

Youth players? trialists?

If Cooper was the RB, then he coped very well. Strong, tall lad who was probably the most assured player on the pitch in the 2nd half.

ICT Player Numbers were as follows.....

1. Ryan Esson

2. David Raven

3. Ryan Watson

4. Connor Pepper

5. Gary Warren

6. Josh Meekings

7. Shane Sutherland

8. Richie Foran

9. Billy McKay

10. Andrew Shinnie

11. Aaron Doran

12. Graeme Shinnie

14. Ross Draper

15. Nick Ross

16. Jason Oswell

17. Martin Laing

18. Liam Polworth

19. Antonio Reguero (GK)

20. Mathew Cooper

21. Kevin Buchan

22. Kyle Whyte

1. Ryan Esson

2. David Raven

3. Ryan Watson

4. Connor Pepper

5. Gary Warren

6. Josh Meekings

7. Shane Sutherland

8. Richie Foran

9. Billy McKay

10. Andrew Shinnie

11. Aaron Doran

12. Graeme Shinnie

14. Ross Draper

15. Nick Ross

16. Jason Oswell

17. Martin Laing

18. Liam Polworth

19. Antonio Reguero (GK)

20. Mathew Cooper

21. Kevin Buchan

22. Kyle Whyte

It's early days yet but the +'s for me were

Richie Foran

Andy Shinnie

Nick Ross

Gary Warren

Matthew Cooper

Martin Laing

...and the under performers were:

Connor Pepper

David Raven

Ross Draper

What a rotten afternoon for a game of football and I'd imagine a bit of a rude awakening for some of the new players 1st taste of scottish football.

Buckie started better than us and had a couple of goals chalked off for offside, The second of which was a shot from a free kick that beat esson and looked ok from where we were standing. After the goal by Shane we looked reasonably ok without being able to score though Buckie created some chances on the break. Second half after a few changes was in a pretty similar vein and until m laing scored we didn't look too threatening, we had plenty of the ball without creating clear cut chances, with buckie crowding out the box and our final pass in to the box all too often going astray, All in all a pretty typical pre season game and I often wonder why I go to them.

Highlights for me, The linesman who chalked the goals offside and was being given the dogs from the Buckie fans. After the second disallowed goal they called him a **** eyed so and so to which he turned and faced them and crossed his eyes back to them :lol: , they then called him a fat so and so again he faced them and started rubbing his stomach at them, :lol: kinda makes you yearn for the old highland league days.

• Agree 2

Wonderful!!! Many thanks Jagster. Your comments have added to the enjoyment of our day out at Buckie! Where's the comedy in the SPL? Lots of craic at the game - just a pity the rain was so bad and made the pitch so slippy. Highlights for us were the nicknames made up for the newcomers to ICT!! ?? Oh dear.....

• Agree 1

I don't think anyone underperformed today.

Yeah, it was obvious that these guys were new to each other at times, but we didn't look nearly as green as we did even after a few games under our belt last season and we had some really nice link up play...especially in the second half.

The guys who have come in from down south seemed to get a bit of a shock from how little time they were getting on the ball...but that's just part of the learning curve and they seemed to catch on pretty quick. It was also obvious that the plan was to give some of the young and new guys as much time on the ball as possible which lead to passes coming that were perhaps not expected or conducive with what you might want to see in a full competitive game.

Buckie are a fairly big/physical team as well, and it's obvious...especially after last years injuries...that we weren't going to get involved in that kinda game, even though we do have a few lads who look more than capable of holding their own in that regard. The only person who did seem like he wanted to dish it out a little was Foran, who might have found himself with a couple of yellows if he'd put in those challenges in an SPL match, but the "enforcer" role seems to be what he does so perhaps, in his capacity as captain, he was just giving the message on behalf of the team.

I was happy enough with what was on display today and see no need, or benefit, in looking for reasons to knock anyone.

A good day out, great to get a chance to see the new signings and some decent craic despite the crappy weather....bring on Clach!!!

• Agree 4

Yes he played. Didn't do anything which made him stand out from any of the rest of the Buckie Thistle team, IMO...and was shrugged off the ball as easy as he ever was.

In saying that, it wasn't the kind of game that suited him. He was always at his best when he could get a bit of space and run with the ball or running on to balls and those opportunities didn't present themselves for him yesterday.

Yes he played. Didn't do anything which made him stand out from any of the rest of the Buckie Thistle team, IMO...and was shrugged off the ball as easy as he ever was.

In saying that, it wasn't the kind of game that suited him. He was always at his best when he could get a bit of space and run with the ball or running on to balls and those opportunities didn't present themselves for him yesterday.

there was a time when i thought he would make a good player for us, but it wasnt to be i still think he could climd the sfl ladder to the second division or lower first if he wanted it enough. it wouldnt surprise me if elgin, or peterhead snap him up in the next couple years.

there was a time when i thought he would make a good player for us, but it wasnt to be i still think he could climd the sfl ladder to the second division or lower first if he wanted it enough. it wouldnt surprise me if elgin, or peterhead snap him up in the next couple years.

i heard that he almost made it at caley but his attitude stinks

Preseasons are always something to look forward to. I did enjoy my day out yesterday although it would have been better if it didn't feel like winter.

I liked the look of Conor Pepper, he'll be one to watch.

Even by his own admission he was absolutely woeful yesterday. Totally off the pace, misplacing passes almost every time and missing tackles regularly.

1. Ryan Esson

2. David Raven

3. Ryan Watson

4. Connor Pepper

5. Gary Warren

6. Josh Meekings

7. Shane Sutherland

8. Richie Foran

9. Billy McKay

10. Andrew Shinnie

11. Aaron Doran

12. Graeme Shinnie

14. Ross Draper

15. Nick Ross

16. Jason Oswell

17. Martin Laing

18. Liam Polworth

19. Antonio Reguero (GK)

20. Mathew Cooper

21. Kevin Buchan

22. Kyle Whyte

No Chris Hogg eh? hellofa lean in defence-thats a worry if TB is only looking at a striker and winger.

Even by his own admission he was absolutely woeful yesterday. Totally off the pace, misplacing passes almost every time and missing tackles regularly.

Maybe MissICT was referring to his looks?

Edited by caley100