A few dates of interest to bigots

Laurence

Football Association

Could apply as a universal term me thinks

my interest in dates I think comes from working at the British Museum,

a creepy place that

The British Library was there too hence my fondnes for books. Not bad for a son of a mill worker who left school at 14. I do get a bit silly at times, please excuse. I am quite sensible really

Maybe this is degenerating into the kind of nitpicking semantic argument I sometimes find myself having with Caley D :lol:

The difference on this occasion being that you are right :furtive:

One of the GREAT things about arguing with Donald on here is that, however intense previous confrontations have been... he never holds it against you!! :love02: :lol: :lol:

You're right Charles about the contradictions, and being on my iPhone at the moment I know how to scroll quickly to the top, but not the bottom, so I'm not gonna wear out my finger looking for a source of all this (mildly interesting) guff.

However the author makes the usual mistake of confusing 'English' and 'British' all the way through. So we get occasionally accurate bits such as James VI and I, followed by 'Elizabeth I' and 'Elizabeth II' which are bollix. We also get 'Union with Scotland' (Scotland and who else I ask myself!).

You're right Charles about the contradictions, and being on my iPhone at the moment I know how to scroll quickly to the top, but not the bottom, so I'm not gonna wear out my finger looking for a source of all this (mildly interesting) guff.

However the author makes the usual mistake of confusing 'English' and 'British' all the way through. So we get occasionally accurate bits such as James VI and I, followed by 'Elizabeth I' and 'Elizabeth II' which are bollix. We also get 'Union with Scotland' (Scotland and who else I ask myself!).

If you are born in England, you think of yourself as British – Great British in fact.

If you are born in Scotland, you think of yourself as Scottish

It is know in Psychology

(as the little man syndrome )

i. e. The big guy doesn’t waste his time bragging. Or saying how good he is

You see it’s not important to him

If you are born in England, you think of yourself as British – Great British in fact.

It is know in Psychology

I read the first line and then.....

post-5792-0-92329700-1342191834.gif

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 1

It is know in Psychology

And yes, Laurence misses the point once again ........

It must be fun and games down there in Boat of Garten. A customer asks for The Concise Book of British Birds, and staggers out clutching Tolstoy's War and Peace.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 1