Would you give up your seat for Celtic?

Fraz

Would you give up your seat for Celtic?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you agree to give up your seat to allow it to be sold to Celtic?

• I am a North Stand ST holder - Yes I would agree.
    • I am a North Stand ST holder - No I would not agree.
    • I am a Main Stand ST holder but I agree in principle.
    • I am a Main Stand ST holder but I do not agree in principle.
    • I don't have a ST but I think it's a good idea.
    • I don't have a ST and I think it's a bad idea.
    • Not sure.

And where's the money going to come from to allow the club to invest in these players who are going to play silky smooth attacking football and guarantee us great fortune?

I think the players are already there. People like Ross, Morrison and Jones seem like decent ball players to me and McKay would certainly benefit more if the ball was played to him on the grass, not from the stratosphere.

Sorry but am I feckin missing something here ?? Why the feck would we even be considering giving over seats to the Old Filth. Let them sell out the Away End, give them the uncovered portion of the Uncovered Stand. Then look at offering an extra cut price ticket to season ticket holders ONLY and encourage them to bring along a non-Cellic supporting friend or guest. And pack the wee West Stand area to our squad players in the under whatevers and encourage them to bring along a mate - and do not allow in anybody over a specific age in to that section via the North Stand entrance. The only way that we are going to attract extra punters is with "deals".

I am fairly sure that if it was considered by the club it would be because every penny is going to be a prisoner, the scheme that you are suggesting would not give the same income i.e selling discounted tickets instead of full priced tickets

That and the fact that they would be hammered by Season Ticket holders for selling seats on the cheap....as has been the case in the past.

Think it's called a "No Win" situation.

I meant to offer the cut price tickets to the season ticket holders - and I can understand the season ticket holders bemoaning adult reductions but surely not for say under 14's. And would selling 200 tickets at a fiver a head not beat selling 50 tickets at a tenner.

Charged me £300 didn't valet it

Told me I need a new door handle £150

And two new tyres ( before the winter) no price quoted

Hows the rain in Lancs , or have you moved back here?

I was in Liverpool last week having a tour of John Lennon's house

Very nice trip too

Has to be a 100% NO from me to letting them in to desecrate the north stand, I can't believe some of our so called supporters would even suggest such a disgusting and vile act

It's already bad enough having to sit among these drunken tattooed neanderthals at our games as it is without encouraging anymore through the home gates

Dougal

Has to be a 100% NO from me to letting them in to desecrate the north stand, I can't believe some of our so called supporters would even suggest such a disgusting and vile act

It's already bad enough having to sit among these drunken tattooed neanderthals at our games as it is without encouraging anymore through the home gates

Dougal

I was just scanning through the various sections and when I saw that Doogie was the last poster on this particular thread I just had to read what he said - merely to confirm that I had predicted the nature of the response completely accurately!

I think we can say that Dougal's response, coming as it does on the 12th of July, epitomises the true spirit of the "tolerance :lol:" towards Celtic fans and their likes that you would expect on such a day.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Although not on the original topic, it is not the games against Celtic we should really be worrying about as we will get a higher attendance anyway. What we need to do is try to get more fans to the "less attractive" games and boost attendances there. I think that can only be achieved by a level of discounting and would need to be very carefully priced to avoid the club losing money. However, you can see with all the sales in the shops just now how hard it is to get people to spend money. What the shops are doing, while slashing prices, is ensuring they have money coming in, ie cashflow, and this is something we also need to consider.

This eason will be difficult for the club but I do think they need to trail ideas and see what works, if that means discounting prices for some games, then I personally as a season ticket holder don't mind although others might. I am sure there are other ways season ticket holders could be rewarded/compensated in some way for prices being discounted without costing the club huge amounts ( a prize draw for season ticket holders for example?)

I don't think for one moment anyone is forgetting or ignoring the need to grow our own support, but with finances being bad then quick hits are needed as much as anything else.

FWIW, discounting doesn't work and that has been proven time and time again. In fact, I would say that for the vast majority of people it's not really the price that is the problem, it's what they get in return....and taking it a step further I would say it's the return from the overall "matchday experience" that needs work, with only a very small part of that being reflected in what happens on the park.

We'll only see investment in such things once the club is in a position to balance the books, and they won't be able to balance the books if the fans are not willing to bend a little to help with that.

Just as a bit of a P.S. - I know this thread has concentrated on what fans should/shouldn't be expected to do, but I am very much of the opinion that Inverness as a whole needs to be doing more. The people, the businesses, the council...everyone. ICT brings far more to Inverness than it has ever taken and it's about time the city as a whole stepped up and gave them a bit more support. Local businesses were quick enough to go bleating to the press about how the loss of Rangers visiting would impact them...think what it would be like without ICT and none of the countries top teams visiting.

• Agree 2

Seem to remember neil lennon a couple of months back asking the celtic fans not to boycott away games as they need them there for their support and energy etc - just won't happen . If anything it will make the day out even better for them with their Diego Maradona chants etc and getting to take the rip out of us for what is an utter terrible statement from our chairman. IMHO

I havent read all the posts and my views are if we got tied up with the 10,000 seat requirement entry to the SPL then it would be a definite yes, as if we had 10,000 seats, one stand would be dormant right now to save costs, I believe the pars did the same.

Whilst Rangers are out of the league and income is low then I think it would be ok to give them a bit extra.