Emergency Board Meeting?

Renegade

Apparently, Sky Sports is reporting that ICT are to have an emergency board meeting this weekend as a result of the financial implications of Rangers, or Sevco 5088 to give them their proper name, being voted to Division Three. Surely things can't be that bad.......can they?

To clarify, when I say our finances are bad, whilst we don't have the debt that some other clubs have, the problem is that we run at a loss of several hundred thousand pounds a year and can only stay afloat as a full time club if someone somewhere injects that sort of money each and every year.

The prospect of us losing £0.5m to £1m a year would be a serious enough problem for 1 year, but for the next 3 years at least........?

Could it be that with discussions already taken place regarding SPL 2, and the apparant dire financial implications for SPL teams with The Rangers in Division 3, this meeting will be discussing

The prospect of SPL 2

and/or

The prosepct of a U-turn on the SPL vote.

I'm a bit confused, Does this mean the board expected the sfl to do our dirty work or have the been mislead by the sfa etc? Are the big sponsors really about to walk away because surely we are in a better position than some having the highland derbies? Or are we as fans not doing our bit by buying the season tickets expected? Worried now tbh

Apparently, Sky Sports is reporting that ICT are to have an emergency board meeting this weekend as a result of the financial implications of Rangers, or Sevco 5088 to give them their proper name, being voted to Division Three. Surely things can't be that bad.......can they?

With a good number of people seemingly unwilling to put their money where their mouths are it would appear that it may well be 'that bad' I'm afraid! :(

I've lost a bit of respect for Kenny after reading his statement. SFL clubs perceived it as 'a big stick to beat them' because that's what it was - nothing more than a shameful and pitiful attempt at bullying. It seems that the rumours that the SPL clubs were fully behind Doncaster and Regan's ridiculous plan to parachute Rangers into division one are true.

No, it's not that bad....it's worse.

http://www.highland-...ll-13072012.htm

Not a great decision to come out with this statement, imo. I think most of us suspected that the SPL chairmen would be privately hoping for Sevco to be voted into Div 1, but Kenny Cameron's more or less come out and admitted it, and it makes his earlier comments about sporting integrity seem hollow. Could he not just have made a more straightforward statement about the financial challenges facing the club and appealing for as much support as possible?

• Agree 3

I'm a bit confused, Does this mean the board expected the sfl to do our dirty work or have the been mislead by the sfa etc? Are the big sponsors really about to walk away because surely we are in a better position than some having the highland derbies? Or are we as fans not doing our bit by buying the season tickets expected? Worried now tbh

I think the outcome was fairly inevitable from the moment Rangers went into administration....although it could have been handled far more professionally by the Chief Executives of the various associations.

The SPL made the right decision to deny NewCo and there was always the hope that the ultimate punishment to them for making that right decision would be lessened if the SFL somehow managed to find a way to put them in Div 1 (wishful thinking...but hope at least).

The SFL then made the right decision to place NewCo in Div 3....and in doing so shattered the little hope the SPL had of lessening the blow.

Only "wrong" decisions would have perhaps saved things....or more accurately, delayed the inevitable a bit longer because had the votes gone any other way then fans would have turned their back on the game.

What's happened in the last few months is not the cause, the cause is the chronically inappropriate setup under which football operates in this country...from top to bottom. Our associations are not fit for purpose, the league setup is not fit for purpose and our club business models are not fit for purpose. Something that most are only waking up to now when it's too late.

The Highland Derbies will bring a sizeable chunk of income and they probably would have helped us through in the short term, but it won't touch the sides of the full implications of "Brand Rangers" not being in the top league for the next 3 years (at least).

I've been worried for months....I'm even more worried now.

• Agree 1

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/News/ICT-chairman-blasts-newco-decision-a-sad-day-for-Scottish-football-13072012.htm

All clubs are going to have to look at the consequences of their actions. I'm quite sure Kenny will not be the only chairman calling a board meeting over this weekend. If SPL clubs believed the ramblings of Regan and Doncaster then they are just as guilty of the bullying of the lower league teams. The way forward is to get people in who can market our game. Get all parties working together under one executive and do the right thing to improve our game. The time for change is long overdue. Now is the time to act.

What I wonder though, in the interests of sporting integrity, has there been things going on behind the scenes at Hampden thinking it would be easy to persuade SFL to vote for Div 1 entry? Were the SPL chairmen easy about voting Rangers out of SPL because someone persuaded them that SFL was in their back pocket? Have the hopes of the SPL chairmen backfired and if they have then wheres the sporting integrity in that?

For all clubs outside Celtic there is now a chance to show how competitive they can be. There is a real chance that any one of them can achieve second place and the vast share of the pot that that will bring. :tongueincheek:

• Agree 1

So Mr Cameron was part of a board that had a strategy solely dependent on Rangers FC in the SPL? Meanwhile they put on an act of integrity to get people to buy season tickets, while all along the SPL clubs were fully behind Doncaster's stitch up? If that's how it was, then the other night might not be the last time this season I'm in Grant Street Park, but it might just have been my last Caley Thistle match!

To be brutally honest and I'm sure I'm not alone, it's very nearly the point of no return for Scottish Football for me regardless of what happens now. This afternoons vote should have been a line in the sand, an opportunity to try for a new start for Scottish Football, but instead it looks like the same old corrupt sh!te. Absolutely NO to SPL2 no buts!!

:furtive::pukeleft:

Edited by skifreak
  • Agree 1

So Mr Cameron was part of a board that had a strategy solely dependent on Rangers FC in the SPL? Meanwhile they put on an act of integrity to get people to buy season tickets, while all along the SPL clubs were fully behind Doncaster's stitch up? If that's how it was, then the other night might not be the last time this season I'm in Grant Street Park, but it might just have been my last Caley Thistle match!

To be brutally honest and I'm sure I'm not alone, it's very nearly the point of no return for Scottish Football for me regardless of what happens now. This afternoons vote should have been a line in the sand, an opportunity to try for a new start for Scottish Football, but instead it looks like the same old corrupt sh!te.

:furtive::pukeleft:

Spot on, it's an embarrassment to come out with such a statement. If the chairman was so concerned he should have had the courage to vote Sevco into the SPL when he had the chance and not passed the responsibility on to the SFL clubs, who have in their turn done the right thing.

And a further embarrassment to have that utter buffoon Doncaster representing you.

• Agree 1

Not a great decision to come out with this statement, imo. I think most of us suspected that the SPL chairmen would be privately hoping for Sevco to be voted into Div 1, but Kenny Cameron's more or less come out and admitted it, and it makes his earlier comments about sporting integrity seem hollow. Could he not just have made a more straightforward statement about the financial challenges facing the club and appealing for as much support as possible?

Indeed, a daft thing to come out with right now. By the sound of things, Cameron used his decision to play the fans like an organ, in the hope that the SFL would do his dirty work for him. He's gone down in my estimations.

Ever get that feeling you've been used?

Edited by Renegade

This is Kenny Cameron acting as the spokesperson for the feckin Board. From my perspective it was a "no win" scenario whichever way we would have voted and thankfully we went with the integrity vote and the fan vote - as by the way did a lot of other clubs who are in far worse positions than us. All the feckin pressure was on the SFL clubs and they stood feckin firm. But dont understand the statement thyat we have lost the impetus to change - shurely that is what we have to feckin do.

I would have thought that ANOTHER reason for calling an emergency meeting would have been our inability to assemble a strong enuff squad to compete in the SPL, the season ticket sale concerns and (this is a rumour that has been doing the rounds fer some time) the potential of approach being made to Terry Butcher.

http://www.highland-...ll-13072012.htm

I'm really disappointed in this news. I had posted on P & B that I would be thoroughly ashamed if ICT were one of the clubs trying to bully the SFL teams into parachuting Rangers into SFL1 and that's exactly what I am right now.

There is something seriously wrong when, it would seem, so many clubs appear to have a business model that is almost wholly dependent on the presence of one or two big fish. We need to wean ourselves off this dependancy quickly.

• Agree 4

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120713/afc-statement-_2212158_2848877

See the above statement from Aberdeen? That's what Cameron should have said.

We know there is a big financial risk. We know budgets may have to be cut. We know hard times lie ahead. So why on earth make a statement slagging off the SFL clubs?

• Agree 1