Emergency Board Meeting?

Renegade

Not a great decision to come out with this statement, imo. I think most of us suspected that the SPL chairmen would be privately hoping for Sevco to be voted into Div 1, but Kenny Cameron's more or less come out and admitted it, and it makes his earlier comments about sporting integrity seem hollow. Could he not just have made a more straightforward statement about the financial challenges facing the club and appealing for as much support as possible?

Indeed, a daft thing to come out with right now. By the sound of things, Cameron used his decision to play the fans like an organ, in the hope that the SFL would do his dirty work for him. He's gone down in my estimations.

Ever get that feeling you've been used?

Have to agree that Kenny Cameron's statement is terrible and something like Aberdeens would have been more apt. Not questioning the financial impact but it was a real hash of a statement, even the division 3 clubs statements have shown more guts

Edited by gordieict
  • Agree 1

What a PR disaster for the club. Mr Cameron should never have made that statement. If he was part of those that attempted to bully newco into SFL1 then I am ashamed to be an ICT fan.

If we can''t operate without another team in the same league as us then I'm afraid we deserve what we get. I would follow ICT at whatever level we were able to operate.

I renewed my season ticket after we voted against newco in the SPL. I am glad the right choice was made by the SFL clubs today. I just hope that we and other clubs can readjust and keep going.

• Agree 1

Of the twelve clubs in SPL for this season five still remember how to survive without tv monies. Each of those clubs are capable of surviving this next season. As far as I'm aware the current contract with Sky and with Clydesdale will continue for this season. Clydesdale are pulling out. Sky may renegotiate but the fact on that is that we as Scottish Football should be standing up to Sky and asking for our fair share, in proportion to what the English game gets. Even the Championship and Div 1 get more tv money than Scotland.

Note the emphasis has always been on Sky and no mention of the other partners of the SPL, including the latest deal with Weatherseal. The real reason that erses are twitching at Hampden, and the real reason there was such a public campaign by those people to try and bully the SFL into accepting Rangers in div 1, has nothing to do with how it affects Scottish Football and more to do with how it affects Celtic. That club has the most to lose. They lose their derbies. They may well even lose many of the joint sponsorship deals they made with Rangers.

What got us into this mess??? Greed! Greed on the part of the OF. Greed on the part of the CEO's and their consorts and greed on the part of all the initial ten clubs who chose to put Scottish football in jeopardy when they decided on their breakaway league.

What ICT need to do now is get the begging bowl out. Many fans have indicated they'd help out if they can. Get a real committment from those who can help. I'd go as far in that as to reduce security costs by having volunteers to the home fan crowd control. I'd look at having volunteer's for hospitality duties. For bar duties. Get shot of the pie contract and have volunteers man the booths. Volunteers on the gates. There are many ways cost can be cut but that needs committment. Personally I'd commit to doing something on matchday if I knew that I could be available. Unfortunately, but because money talks, I dont even know if I'll get use of my two season tickets.

• Agree 1

I keep hoping there will be another statement from Kenny Cameron to say someone has hacked into his media account and the statement is not his. I purchased my two season tickets as normal and was going to sponser a player for the first time for this season on the back of Kenny's statement and the clubs vote against the newco but at this time the new statement has me thinking again.

Edited by Big G

I keep hoping ther will be another statement from Kenny Cameron to say someone has hacked into his media account and the statement is not his. I purchased my two season tickets as normal and was going to sponser a player for the first time for this season on the back of Kenny's statement and the clubs vote against the newco but at this time the new statement has me thinking again.

I wouldn't mind an apology for what can only be discribed as a massive error of judgement.

• Agree 1

I will not be back, Clach for me now. Pathetic statement from the board.

Trying very hard not to upload the Picard gif now! :wink:

I disagree with the KC statement / wording of the statement. But right now, the club need us. The fans are the heart and soul of the club. I'm angry because I really care about Caley Thistle. The worst thing to do now is walking away. That would be pathetic.

• Agree 4

Of the twelve clubs in SPL for this season five still remember how to survive without tv monies. Each of those clubs are capable of surviving this next season. As far as I'm aware the current contract with Sky and with Clydesdale will continue for this season. Clydesdale are pulling out. Sky may renegotiate but the fact on that is that we as Scottish Football should be standing up to Sky and asking for our fair share, in proportion to what the English game gets. Even the Championship and Div 1 get more tv money than Scotland.

Note the emphasis has always been on Sky and no mention of the other partners of the SPL, including the latest deal with Weatherseal. The real reason that erses are twitching at Hampden, and the real reason there was such a public campaign by those people to try and bully the SFL into accepting Rangers in div 1, has nothing to do with how it affects Scottish Football and more to do with how it affects Celtic. That club has the most to lose. They lose their derbies. They may well even lose many of the joint sponsorship deals they made with Rangers.

What got us into this mess??? Greed! Greed on the part of the OF. Greed on the part of the CEO's and their consorts and greed on the part of all the initial ten clubs who chose to put Scottish football in jeopardy when they decided on their breakaway league.

What ICT need to do now is get the begging bowl out. Many fans have indicated they'd help out if they can. Get a real committment from those who can help. I'd go as far in that as to reduce security costs by having volunteers to the home fan crowd control. I'd look at having volunteer's for hospitality duties. For bar duties. Get shot of the pie contract and have volunteers man the booths. Volunteers on the gates. There are many ways cost can be cut but that needs committment. Personally I'd commit to doing something on matchday if I knew that I could be available. Unfortunately, but because money talks, I dont even know if I'll get use of my two season tickets.

After todays press release it looks like they need someone to be a press officer. I'm 3/4 of the way through a journalism degree. I could do that.

There is only so far any club can go down the 'Sporting integrity' bullshit road before the 'Sporting Finance' road block happens. its the real feckin world!

Money rules!

Cameron may well have been led down the S.I. road by the powers of SPL SFA with the promise that Newco would be 'placed' into div 1, Now its not happened the panic starts and we will no doubt hear about re-structure - quite soon.

Our finances are not 'Solely' dependant on Rangers being in the SPL but by feck they are quite obviously a big part of it and may well affect clubs in the central belt more than us.

Its a feckin mess and we should bin SPL,SFA SFL and start again with one governing body.

There is only so far any club can go down the 'Sporting integrity' bullshit road before the 'Sporting Finance' road block happens. its the real feckin world!

Money rules!

Cameron may well have been led down the S.I. road by the powers of SPL SFA with the promise that Newco would be 'placed' into div 1, Now its not happened the panic starts and we will no doubt hear about re-structure - quite soon.

Our finances are not 'Solely' dependant on Rangers being in the SPL but by feck they are quite obviously a big part of it and may well affect clubs in the central belt more than us.

Its a feckin mess and we should bin SPL,SFA SFL and start again with one governing body.

If Sporting integrity is a "bullshit road" we might as well all give up on the game now. The fans in this country have proved over recent week that integrity is vitally important to them

• Agree 1

the decisions have been made. time to live with it

all businesses / markets/ house prices etc etc go through a time of correction. everything cant keep going up

we should be living within our means and using the sky cash only as a bonus and not be dependant on it for survival.

time now for scottish footie to find its true level.

if that is part time football for us and others in the SFL so be it.

also all this nonesense about fans providing more cash, what a crock of sh1t.

we pay well over the odd's for the product on show.

get the management and players to take pay cuts. if not get others in on a reduced budget.

hearts are doing it.

time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Yes but at what cost? Any cost?

I honestly believe that if integrity hadn't been upheld then fans of all clubs up and down the country would have been turned of football for good.

What irks me about the Chairmans statement is that his initial one stated that the fans wishes for integrity had to be upheld while I now believe he was secretly hoping the the SFL clubs would let the Newco into Div 1 and his statement for integrity was just to boost season ticket sales

Haven't posted here in years but feel compelled to share views/frustrations etc.My family have been season ticket holders for many years now but we weren't really impressed by the football on display last season and one or two other issues including e.g release of certain players and the lottery of signing a number of untried players at S.P.L level made us feel that the club was turning away from its roots. As a consequence we deliberated on whether or not to purchase tickets for this coming season. Today's statement by our club chairman has really surprised/dismayed/astonished me and It's made me wonder what on earth is going on. Was this sanctioned by the entire board? This is a major league faux pas and can only have a detrimental effect on I.C.T. As well as alienating fans/chairman of 25 clubs in the S.F.L and fans of S.P.L clubs it is like scoring a spectacular own goal against I.C.T fans. Where is the logic? As for buying season tickets- Watching Clach or dare I say it shopping looks ever more attractive as I still try to work out the reasoning for the STATEment!

• Agree 1

Apparently, according to Mr Cameron, "This could be the end of football as we know it". Maybe that's not a bad thing if the game as we know it is dead on its feet. The SPL's founding principles were greed and dishonesty, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

• Agree 2

Which confirms my belief that the 'Sporting Integrity' corporate phrase has been misused by certain people in an attempt to show fans they are important when its now becoming glaringly obvious money is more important than integrity.

Bought my first ever season ticket, becasue I was impressed with Kenny Camerons integrity and I wanted to support the team and now he issues this rubbsh, still glad I supported the team but the chairman can go and, well you know the rest.

Haven't posted here in years but feel compelled to share views/frustrations etc.My family have been season ticket holders for many years now but we weren't really impressed by the football on display last season and one or two other issues including e.g release of certain players and the lottery of signing a number of untried players at S.P.L level made us feel that the club was turning away from its roots. As a consequence we deliberated on whether or not to purchase tickets for this coming season. Today's statement by our club chairman has really surprised/dismayed/astonished me and It's made me wonder what on earth is going on. Was this sanctioned by the entire board? This is a major league faux pas and can only have a detrimental effect on I.C.T. As well as alienating fans/chairman of 25 clubs in the S.F.L and fans of S.P.L clubs it is like scoring a spectacular own goal against I.C.T fans. Where is the logic? As for buying season tickets- Watching Clach or dare I say it shopping looks ever more attractive as I still try to work out the reasoning for the STATEment!

Dont know why everybody is so surprised at this statement, most SPL chairmen would agree and only KC's timing is out.