Emergency Board Meeting?

Renegade

the decisions have been made. time to live with it

all businesses / markets/ house prices etc etc go through a time of correction. everything cant keep going up

we should be living within our means and using the sky cash only as a bonus and not be dependant on it for survival.

time now for scottish footie to find its true level.

if that is part time football for us and others in the SFL so be it.

also all this nonesense about fans providing more cash, what a crock of sh1t.

we pay well over the odd's for the product on show.

get the management and players to take pay cuts. if not get others in on a reduced budget.

hearts are doing it.

time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Sorry bish but I cant agree with the last part of your statement. Those at Hearts who have been released were on close to 5 grand a week. Blackie left us to go there for 3 grand. Our top earners are on about a grand, maybe a little more. I dont know what Butcher and Malpas are on but we were never renowned for paying big wages so I cant really see that we could cut back too much and remain competitive. And therein lies the problem. We struggle to survive cos we cant afford quality and try and create something around a mix of youth and lower league of England players. It scraped us survival last season and it may do again this season. Trouble is that the quality on offer has made many people think again about what they want to spend their hard earned on.

I am in absolute shock at this thread - shock that everybody is surprised by what is developing.

Hey these are the guys who brought us the SPL.

These are the guys who spiced it up by having a top six bottom six split.

These are the guys who only months ago wanted to reduce it to 10 teams.

These are the guys who only days ago wanted to expand it to 16 teams.

These are the guys who tried to impose an embargo on Rangers signing players

These are the guys who threatened to raise sanctions against the new club

These are the guys who run Scottish Football - sorry missed an i

These are the guys who will ruin Scottish Football

Yes I am shocked

• Agree 1

I am in absolute shock at this thread - shock that everybody is surprised by what is developing.

Yes I am shocked

Eh? The ICT board?

Wow, way to completely humiliate the club and sh!t on everything you have done over the past couple of weeks. This statement is at best nieve, and at worst a complete slap in the face to all the fans, not just of Inverness, but also all the SFL clubs and fans too. I'm embarrassed by the club tonight!

• Agree 1

Really disappointed when I read Cameron's statement, however we have to move on and get behind the team by supporting them by going to the games.

I listened to someone from the Aberdeen supporters trust urging fans to fill Pittodrie on the first day of the season and that would eliminate the effect of not having Rangers in the League.

So we dont have that big a ground but fill it on a few occasions and it will surely help, and of course we have the local derby's back.

It should be the case that SFA,SPL,and SFL should now get together and push ahead with plans that were being used as bait to get Rangers into Div1 and under the one umbrella instead of 3

Living in Spain I obviously cant get to every game but I am watching with interest the Fund raising suggestions and I will be making a donation of some kind

So lets all draw a line under it and get back to supporting the team

Edited by Biggin

I will not be back, Clach for me now. Pathetic statement from the board.

Might be worth reminding people upset by a perceived lack of sporting integrity and thinking about following Clach instead that they would be supporting a team that reformed as a newco and got immediate reinstatement to their league of choice without any sanctions.

Just a thought.

• Agree 3

Very disappointing statement from Cameron, topped off by a post from Caley100 that contained all the hallmarks of a raging currant bun.

For Cameron to come out blabbering about a once in a lifetime opportunity to change Scottish football just begars belief. The attempt to place Sevco in the 1st was evidence of Scottish football's unwillingness to change at all costs, and the decision that SFL clubs made today gives us a chance, just a chance, of reconfiguring the game away from the tedious Old Firm domination that we have all got so sick of over the past 20 years. It will be tough. It will certainly be on a smaller scale, and more clubs will probably end up having to start afresh in the 3rd, but personally I would prefer to watch under 19's in the 3rd than a bunch of loanees from the English lower leagues trying to keep us in the SPL at all costs so that we don't lose our slice of Old Firm generated tv money. That's not sport for me. It's just a televised entertainment show in which we are suppossed to be grateful for our bit-part. I salute the SFL 25.

• Agree 4

So Mr Cameron was part of a board that had a strategy solely dependent on Rangers FC in the SPL? Meanwhile they put on an act of integrity to get people to buy season tickets, while all along the SPL clubs were fully behind Doncaster's stitch up? If that's how it was, then the other night might not be the last time this season I'm in Grant Street Park, but it might just have been my last Caley Thistle match!

To be brutally honest and I'm sure I'm not alone, it's very nearly the point of no return for Scottish Football for me regardless of what happens now. This afternoons vote should have been a line in the sand, an opportunity to try for a new start for Scottish Football, but instead it looks like the same old corrupt sh!te. Absolutely NO to SPL2 no buts!!

When are people like you going to wise up This is not a stupid little game we are playing here our clubs and others entire future is at stake .If all you big mouths would get down and buy season tickets instead off standing on the so called moral high ground our club maybe just might survive.It is easy to critisise our chairman when at least he is being honest .I really fear for our club when so many off our so called supporters see more interested in events outwith our clubs control.

:furtive::pukeleft:

Yes I am shocked

Huh?

What I think is really sad is the fact that ICT were almost excluded from the SPL due to apparent self preservation. How we mumped and moaned about the attitudes of clubs that made up the SPL back in 2004 that didn't seem to welcome playing by rules in case it upset the apple cart.

Well here we are now in 2012 and we've managed to get into the top league (again) and now we are one of those clubs whom we initially had to battle to get into that top league and now the shoe is on the other foot and we only care about self preservation.

Very disappointing.

• Agree 7

What I think is really sad is the fact that ICT were almost excluded from the SPL due to apparent self preservation. How we mumped and moaned about the attitudes of clubs that made up the SPL back in 2004 that didn't seem to welcome playing by rules in case it upset the apple cart.

Well here we are now in 2012 and we've managed to get into the top league (again) and now we are one of those clubs whom we initially had to battle to get into that top league and now the shoe is on the other foot and we only care about self preservation.

Very disappointing.

Sadly, RiG, I think you're right. I've always worried about this happening to us.

Please please people start realising that everyone has been quite happy kicking Rangers while they are down. So hard that their feet are now bleeding. Shortly gangrene shall set in. The legs will have to be amputated and the patient will die. The clowns that are running Scottish Football have produced the usual shambles, and not just the ICT board, the whole lot of them.

The fact is the SPL chairmen wanted to be seen to support integrity, passed the buck on to the SFL and they haven't made the decision they were told to make, again supporting sporting integrity (WTF is that?). Now people are shocked.

Oh boy there are none so blind as those that will not see.

All that has happened is the ICT board are waking up. The rest will follow and in record quick time the winners of div 3 next season shall gain automatic promotion to the new 16 team super duper league. Quell surprise.

Och ya know what I am so sick and tired of this now!

Let's just bite the bullet and shut down all the clubs tomorrow. Oh, and can the last person to leave please turn out all the fekin lights !!

And maybe your username will reappear as a Newco

I will not be back, Clach for me now. Pathetic statement from the board.

Trying very hard not to upload the Picard gif now! :wink:

post-4861-0-91048800-1342214195.gif

I disagree with the KC statement / wording of the statement. But right now, the club need us. The fans are the heart and soul of the club. I'm angry because I really care about Caley Thistle. The worst thing to do now is walking away. That would be pathetic.

Fixed it for you! :banana:

• Agree 2

Let's just bite the bullet and shut down all the clubs tomorrow. Oh, and can the last person to leave please turn out all the fekin lights !!

And maybe your username will reappear as a Newco

Now there's an idea......."The Inverness Thistle Football Club PLC" :dancing:

• Agree 3

Please please people start realising that everyone has been quite happy kicking Rangers while they are down. So hard that their feet are now bleeding. Shortly gangrene shall set in. The legs will have to be amputated and the patient will die. The clowns that are running Scottish Football have produced the usual shambles, and not just the ICT board, the whole lot of them.

The fact is the SPL chairmen wanted to be seen to support integrity, passed the buck on to the SFL and they haven't made the decision they were told to make, again supporting sporting integrity (WTF is that?). Now people are shocked.

Oh boy there are none so blind as those that will not see.

All that has happened is the ICT board are waking up. The rest will follow and in record quick time the winners of div 3 next season shall gain automatic promotion to the new 16 team super duper league. Quell surprise.

No one has kicked rangers when they are down, Rangers went into liquidation the Newco applied for league entry and have been told to start where anyone else applying would, in fact they ar lucky they are allowed entry at all considering they have no audited accounts etc

• Agree 5

We have lost a Rangers game this season but have gained 2 county derby so in terms of the stadium revenue surly not a loss over last season

the TV ect is something out of our hands, again a total lack of direction and control from SPL and SFA

with 2 weeks to go we still do no know if the press is to believed even if the fixtures will have to be re done or who will be team 12

I've made 2 or 3 posts calling for Doncaster to go. I repeat that tonight, but this time he can take our Chairman with him. His statement is wrong on just about every level and, like many others I am embarrased to be associated with the club tonight. Let's look at some of the things Mr Cameron has said today.

He states "Scottish football was at a crossroads today in terms of what was on the table for all clubs regarding reorganisation, financial distribution and a road map that would have taken the game forward. But this has now been thrown in to disarray by this decision"

What he is saying here is that the clubs of the 3 divisions of the SFL have destroyed the opportunity to move the game forward with their vote today. He is saying it is OK for the teams in the SPL to vote for sporting integrity but nothing short of a disgrace for teams in the SFL to do so.

He goes on to say "A once in a lifetime opportunity to bring forward change may well have been lost." But why? Is he saying that he and others were only prepared to discuss restructuring and other changes if Newco were placed in Division 1? Clearly if there is an appetite for change then it matters not one jot whether Newco are in Division 1, Division 3, the SPL or the Govan Sunday league. The opportunity for change is only lost if the clubs refuse to work together for that change. It really is contemptible that he is acting as Doncaster's stooge in this. There are two issues which should be competely separate. One is Newco's application to join the SFL and the other is league reconstruction.

His statement also says "There was an opportunity on the table, in terms of the joint agreement tabled at today’s meeting for us all to come together and a genuine willingness to improve the game substantially over the coming years." But if there is a genuine willingness, there will still be opportunity to take things forward. What will have damaged that willingness to work together for change is not the principled vote by the SFL chairmen, but the ICT chairman having the brass neck to accuse them of putting proposals into disarray because they voted on a basis of sporting integrity just as he had apparently done earlier. What his disgraceful remarks today mean is that he hadn't the guts to vote the way he wanted but is slating the chairmen of smaller clubs for not doing his dirty work for him. Why on earth would any of the other chairmen want to work with him when he treats them with such contempt?

Mr Cameron has done the game in Scotland and this club in particular a grave disservice. He should have welcomed the vote to admit Newco into the SFL and accepted the SFL Chairmen's decision to vote for entry at Division 3 level. He should then have welcomed the fact that the Newco saga was now settled in terms of where they will play this season and then called for all clubs to put that behind them and work together for the restructuring Scottish football so desparately needs. That would have demonstrated some humility and leadership. Instead he has alienated ICT from most of the other clubs and has made the task of obtaining a consensus on the way forward that much more difficult.

May I suggest that the first item on the agenda for the Emergency Board meeting should the appointment of a new Chairman?

• Agree 4

Me too. I can't be @rsed with all of this any more. I'm a football fan not a political activist. I just want to watch a game of football between a team that means something to me versus the opposition. Simple as that.

Reading this thread and others that are similar is just giving me a sore head. Fed up of the whole thing and would welcome a period of watching HL football for a while.

Just in case you didn't see it in the other thread.

Dear Mr Cameron.

I feel your statement regarding newco Rangers admittance to Division Three was badly timed, poorly worded and a PR disaster for our club.

You listened to the voices of the supporters of the club who opted for sporting integrity and voted against newco’s admittance to the SPL. I feel that your words today have given many fans the impression that you did this on the basis of a sleazy plan to bully SFL clubs into admitting a newco into SFL 1 to preserve a model of football in this country that is now unsustainable or that you had expected SFL clubs to ignore their fans and the principles you claimed to follow with your initial decision. Need I remind you that two seasons ago ICT were an SFL club and we may be in the same position again in the future. The thought of our club having any part in any sort of bullying tactics would be unforgivable in my opinion.

While most fans appreciate that there will be certain financial tests over the coming seasons, many people feel “the end of Scottish football as we know it” is not necessarily a bad thing. Personally I would much rather see ICT operate at a lower level as a sustainable club than have the club be a leech and rely on another club being in the same league or indeed money from television companies. I have the upmost confidence that this can be addressed and I urge yourself and the board to share any issues with the supporters. If anything has come from this whole shameful Rangers episode it’s that the fans can be a powerful force in football. ICT has a loyal support and I very much hope you will adopt a transparent approach in what could be a difficult time.

Please do not misconstrue this email as a series of accusations against the club or indeed yourself. I am just concerned given that I renewed my season ticket after your statement of intent regarding the newco/SPL vote and I am now unsure of the intentions and direction of the club.

We have a chance to change things for the good and make it easier for a club such as ourselves to survive and prosper. The last thing we need is an unhelpful, pointless and ultimately detrimental comment from the club like the statement this afternoon. I would welcome a public response to the fans from yourself to address any of the comments raised in this or any other email you receive tonight or indeed a personal, private one via this email address.

Yours sincerely

cleardot.gif

James Proctor

• Agree 6

Keep in mind that this is not a situation of ICT's making in any way shape or form.

Rangers going into administration and then liquidation was not even the cause.

The cause was the deal made when the SPL was formed back in 1998/99 when the founding clubs sold out to the OF.

Our Board/Chairman are trying desperately to find a way out of this for ICT, one which doesn't involve sending the club to the wall.

I'm not going to make any comment on the statement as I think there's possibly a bit of the jigsaw missing. That missing piece is details of what the SFL rejected in terms of the proposal for change. I don't think they have rejected the "threats or bribery" being pedalled by the press, and the reason I think that is because if it was that then it would have been mentioned in the post meeting press conference....instead, all we saw was Longmuir sidestep questions in regards to it and leaving the press to fill in the gap as they saw fit.