Ideas to market I.C.T

40POCKETS

Kinda would depend if they could identify supporters or were just going to be cold-calling every household as if they were selling replacement windows. Focused calling to a known, or reasonably identifiable, demographic group by someone to whom they can relate is one thing and may well produce a good outcome. To an extent, that's how most political parties use the marked up voters rolls between elections. So if they have a list of past season ticket holders who have fallen by the wayside over the years (and can identify those who stopped buying because they have died) might be worth a shot. Running your fingers down the local phonebook and calling on pure spec is another thing, though and is more likely to irritate.....but hey, I suppose if they didn't support before, they won't support any less if you annoy them..and you can always keep your fingers crossed that you don't encounter an irate bear.

Wouldn't be too keen myself on being cold-called, even by Foran. I'm a great believer in mailshots...even if little more than begging letters....less directly intrusive, allows a punter the opportunity to think about it. That way he/she is more likely to stick with it into the future, if it is a considered decision and not something produced as a knee-jerk reaction to perceived pressure on the phone. I currently donate monthly to a dog Charity, and don't mind them sending me raffle tickets or the "£50 will feed a dog for a year" kind of thing with a donation form....but I lost it with them after the third phonecall asking for the equivalent of half my pension on top, of my monthly payment for some reason I can't remember now. I still get the mailshots..but no longer get the phonecalls.

A mailshot doesn't have to cost that much, unless you are Highland Council with money to burn. Seems to me there are bound to be supporters in Inverness, with internet access, printers and feet who could download something suitable written by Cameron or Butcher or both, giving options to help ranging from membership of the Supporters Trust or the Centenary Trust at the cheaper end to wherever at the most expensive, add their own name and address as a contact point if more information, forms etc are required, print it out and deliver it door to door in their own area. And they'd be more likely to know who NOT to deliver them to as well. (I stopped putting SNP election leaflets into known "other party" supporters' letterboxes as I used to get many chasing after me giving me dog's abuse. :lol: )

Edited by Oddquine

I think Killies idea is to ring past ST holders, on their database, who've not renewed. No reason why we couldn't do the same. Mailshots are not always read by people. I know that all the junk that comes through my letterbox goes straight in the bin without more than a fleeting glance simply because I'm one of the many who's philosophy is "if I need something I'll go and look for it. If I dont need something then I dont want it rammed down my throat".

I think Killies idea is to ring past ST holders, on their database, who've not renewed. No reason why we couldn't do the same. Mailshots are not always read by people. I know that all the junk that comes through my letterbox goes straight in the bin without more than a fleeting glance simply because I'm one of the many who's philosophy is "if I need something I'll go and look for it. If I dont need something then I dont want it rammed down my throat".

That sounds very sensible and a good enough idea in that case.

I always read that stuff before I bin it....at least do if it is a leaflet as opposed to something in an envelope...don't tend so much to bother opening them......the return address gives a fair idea what it's about.

That's to a very large extent my philosophy as well, but to me, ramming down my throat is an unsolicited phonecall, or door knock...not a bit of paper shoved through my letterbox. Guess it's horses for courses. Prefer, myself, to window shop or research on the internet.,,,,which is why I tend to look at shop windows and sites without prices....and move on without entering.

One of the advertising techniques I've always wondered about is whether the club advertised itself (or matches) in the hostels of Inverness.

I've always made a point in visiting random stadiums when on holiday and have enjoyed seeing the likes of FC Jurmala (Latvia), AIK (Sweden), Yokohama Marinos (Japan), FC Skeid (Norway) and have ended up coming away with various tops, scarves, badges etc.

When staying in Berlin, the hostel made a point of advertising Hertha's home games and they said at least a dozen or so guests went each time.

I'd like to think at least a poster is up in each local hostel making their guests aware of the club/website/fixtures?

Bought mine from Diggers (Barbers) many moons ago, very good book on the history of Caley

Artistic license in describing digger as a barber perhaps? :lol:

Man who sold the pools may have been more accurate??

Instead of targeting solely Inverness which unfortunately has sadly failed in my opinion would it not be good practice for ICT to target the whole of the highlands and islands a bit like County have successfully done

I would contact every primary school in the highlands and islands and ask each headmaster/headmistress would they like ICT to send two first team squad members to take a one off football session for the kids and at the end dish out some ICT goodies

Get the kids involved at a very early stage and in time the fan base will grow

Dougal

• Agree 1

Instead of targeting solely Inverness which unfortunately has sadly failed in my opinion would it not be good practice for ICT to target the whole of the highlands and islands a bit like County have successfully done

I would contact every primary school in the highlands and islands and ask each headmaster/headmistress would they like ICT to send two first team squad members to take a one off football session for the kids and at the end dish out some ICT goodies

Get the kids involved at a very early stage and in time the fan base will grow

Dougal

Agree 100%. There's plenty of folk I know from different areas of the Highlands and Islands that say they are County fans (albeit they many of them also support one half of the Old Firm as well). When I ask why, most of the time it is because of County visiting schools and doing coaching weeks in different locations.

One of the advertising techniques I've always wondered about is whether the club advertised itself (or matches) in the hostels of Inverness.

I've always made a point in visiting random stadiums when on holiday and have enjoyed seeing the likes of FC Jurmala (Latvia), AIK (Sweden), Yokohama Marinos (Japan), FC Skeid (Norway) and have ended up coming away with various tops, scarves, badges etc.

When staying in Berlin, the hostel made a point of advertising Hertha's home games and they said at least a dozen or so guests went each time.

I'd like to think at least a poster is up in each local hostel making their guests aware of the club/website/fixtures?

Stick a poster in the DSS offices - there are thousands of folk going in there! They would need a good discount tho!

• 2 weeks later...