Kenny Cameron part of TV deal steering group

Proctor

http://sport.stv.tv/..._medium=twitter

Kenny Cameron along with Duncan Fraser of Aberdeen, Peter Lawell of Celtic and Neil Doncaster of the SPL are part of the team re-negotiating the SPL TV deals. With little known of the broadcaster's position, how do people think this will pan out?

Does the supposed presence of our chairman in the group put people at ease? Do you think he will be a voice for the smaller clubs and us as fans? It is not known if he is down south with Lawell and Doncaster (pictured in the video)

Edited by Proctor
  • Agree 1

Looking at the people involved it would appear that the approach being taken is one which involves clubs of various sizes. Given how heavily weighted previous deals have been towards the top two, then that makes total sense and demonstrates a willingness on the part of the SPL Clubs to ensure we don't end up in a similar situation again. What's equally important is that the clubs themselves are being involved in the process which, in the past, has been left pretty much to Doncaster/SPL Board.

Whatever deal is done (or not), then at least we can have some confidence that it will represent what is best for clubs of all sizes, and in all parts of the country.

Looking at the people involved it would appear that the approach being taken is one which involves clubs of various sizes. Given how heavily weighted previous deals have been towards the top two, then that makes total sense and demonstrates a willingness on the part of the SPL Clubs to ensure we don't end up in a similar situation again. What's equally important is that the clubs themselves are being involved in the process which, in the past, has been left pretty much to Doncaster/SPL Board.

Whatever deal is done (or not), then at least we can have some confidence that it will represent what is best for clubs of all sizes, and in all parts of the country.

Hopefully the powers that be at the SPL realise that they can't have all their eggs in one basket. A league reliant on one fixture or two teams participating is asking for trouble because if one falls, the rest will suffer. I shudder to think that our previous deal was based on 4 Old Firm games a season which implies that the league could be rigged to avoid a breach of contract. As far as I know this has never been confirmed, neither has the intention of any broadcaster to pull out of a deal.

I'm of the opinion that SKY/ESPN got the SPL for a steal after the Setanta deal collapsed. Anything less than what we are currantly getting is unacceptable, as is anything that comprimises possible league reconstruction which our club seem to be in favour of.

A stronger league is in SKY/ESPN's interest. People will tune in to watch competitive football where teams are playing for something. The Football League play-offs are testiment to that. I read a quote from someone the other month (forgive me I forget who) that said something along the lines of "look after the sport and the money will follow". I think that sums up the situation perfectly. I'm sure Kenny will look out for the interests of ICT and the league, after all we've worked hard to get here.

There's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the existing/previous deal with SKY offered guarantees of OF fixtures. If it didn't then we wouldn't be in a position of having to go an renegotiate!!!

I thought that might be the case but didn't want to jump to a conclusion I wasn't 100 percent sure of. I think that is utterly wrong but I'm sure I've ranted about this before.

It is not known if he is down south with Lawell and Doncaster (pictured in the video)

That is one video I definitely won't be watching.

Let me sum up the video. Lawell and Doncaster walking and saying nothing when asked a question. Chilling stuff!

According to usually knowledgable people on P&B the Sky deal was due to have risen from £13m a season during the last deal to £16m from this season. The deal signed today means it will remain at £13m.

If/when SPL clubs vote to abolish the 11-1 requirement on voting for rights, the SPL clubs will be able to ensure a fairer split of the money between clubs. We could end up getting more money after all this blows over.

To be honest, if SKY have agreed to a deal that was anything like the current deal then that's great news for everyone. Granted, part of that will go to Rangers/SFL for purchase of the rights to show those games, but small price to pay in the grand scheme of things....and very likely to have been a demand made by SKY that we could not refuse, regardless of how wrong we think that might be.

According to usually knowledgable people on P&B the Sky deal was due to have risen from £13m a season during the last deal to £16m from this season. The deal signed today means it will remain at £13m.

If/when SPL clubs vote to abolish the 11-1 requirement on voting for rights, the SPL clubs will be able to ensure a fairer split of the money between clubs. We could end up getting more money after all this blows over.

If they don't vote to abolish the 11-1 requirement on voting rights, then every team which ends up in administration has only themselves to blame.

If they don't vote to abolish the 11-1 requirement on voting rights, then every team which ends up in administration has only themselves to blame.

I thought that had been sorted hence the 8-4 vote against Sevco.