Caley Jags Together

For those who have not picked up the news from elsewhere yet, we released a statement today explaining that Inverness Caledonian Thistle Supporters Trust and Supporters Club have come together to form a single fan’s organisation which will be known as ‘Caley Jags Together’.

The full press release can be read by clicking here.

• Agree 2

There was never a £1 membership for the Travel Club, so I'm assuming you joined the (as was) Trust....in which case you will have received a letter explaining that nothing changes in respect of your membership.

What a stupid name! How ponsy does that sound 'caley jags together' deary me. Caley Jags Supporters Association or somthing sounds a lot better!

Thank you, feed back from non-members is also appreciated.

• Agree 1

I have no real desire to be getting into petty squabbles with anyone over the name of the organisation....and I did not say you were not a member of the Supporters Club (or Caley Jags Together for that matter). I have no way of knowing if you are a member or not and had actually assumed you were given your concern over the name, my reference to non-members was merely that their feedback is, as stated, also appreciated.

You are never going to please all the people all the time, and it's inevitable that some will like the name better than others. What actually matters is what the organisation does and what it achieves.

Edited by CaleyD
  • Agree 4

Don't get me wrong, I think its great the trust and Supporters club have merged which will no doubt benefit the club and importantly the fans. I just think the name is abit naff, but that's my opinion.

I do however like the new badge. The blue and red C J has a ying yang look about it, pretty cool

• Agree 1

What a stupid name! How ponsy does that sound 'caley jags together' deary me. Caley Jags Supporters Association or somthing sounds a lot better!

What about "Caley Thistle United"?

Well times do'nt change - a feckin row over a Caley and Jeggie merger - can't wait to see what Dougal and Charlie Bannerman make of this. In the badge there would appear to be equal allocations of red and blue but does ths black cirumference outweigh the white separation line ?? Perhaps there will be a book written about this in the future. But what would its' title be ??

Anyone who is/was a "live" member of the Supporters Trust will see their membership continue (although renewals will be due shortly and we'll be in touch about that).

Members of the Supporters Club (who were not also members of the Supporters Trust) should have received a form with the last letter to complete and return. If not then I've attached a form to this post for you....this form can also be used by anyone else who wishes to join.

Any forms which currently have Supporters Trust on them are valid for joining Caley Jags Together....this is because we are aware that there's forms out there we cannot quickly call back/replace, so easier for everyone that we continue to accept those.

Any forms received in the last couple of weeks where no acknowledgement has been received.....we are in the process of changing over our membership administration processes and with everything else that's being going on then a small number of those are still to be processed. These are now in the hands of the Members Secretary and you should get an acknowledgement in the next couple of days.

We are also coming up to the annual renewal date so members will be getting details of that process within the next couple of weeks. Those who have joined more recently will not need to do anything to renew as you are deemed to be signed up through 2012/13. If you think your contact details have changed since we last contacted you, please send your new details to admin@ictst.co.uk and we will updated them. If you can give us your member number (these will not change for existing members) that would be helpful, but not essential.

New Membership Cards and Share Certificates (with the new name "Caley Jags Together") will be sent out as people renew and to those who;ve joined more recently who do not need to reneww this time. We've not yet got these printed up as we were waiting for confirmation of the new name/logo etc and didn't want to waste money printing old name etc, only to then get them done again. We'll update you on when to expect these in due course.

As Renewal Fee is currently set at zero, this negates the need for us to be sending out new cards in future years, so the card you get this time will become your card for the forseeable (so keep it safe as we'll charge you for a replacement). Just one of the things we are doing to reduce overheads in admin time and costs.

At the moment it's a bit like "organised chaos", especially with so many other things going on with football, but we are in control of that chaos and come the end of year on August 31st all the new process will click into place and we can move forward in a far more organised and professional manner.

One final thing. It's inevitable that the odd reference will be made to Supporters Club or Supporters Trust in places such as the website, facebook etc during the transition. All of these should be taken to mean "Caley Jags Together" and web address, email addresses, letterheads and all other material will be changed in due course. Old web URL's and e.mail addresses will be redirected and continue to work for the forseeable.

We appreciate everyones patience and understanding during the transition period, however should you have any questions or wish to highlight something you think we might have missed then please do contact us via email on admin@ictst.co.uk - We'd rather get 100 e.mails about something we are already aware of than none about something we've missed.

Thanks.

cjt_mem_app_a4.pdf