ICT on YOUTUBE

CaleyD

The club "soft launched" their new Official YouTube Channel this week and it can be found at - http://www.youtube.com/officialict

This is part of an SPL wide partnership with YouTube which comes in to play for the new season and as a minimum it will bring videos from pre match interviews, match highlights and post match interviews.

Work and discussions are ongoing in regards to what additional content it will bring, but it's hoped that they'll be able to get some behind the scenes videos going (training etc), as well as using it as a platform to promote other services and facilities available at the stadium.

This has come about rather quickly and it will take a little time to find our feet with it. The approach being taken is one of "walk before you run" and, quite rightly, the club don't want to over commit and create an unsustainable expectation. It may take a few days to get videos up to begin with, but it's something that will be worked on as people get more used to it and more resources are available to support it.

What's equally important to highlight is that this service and the shooting of the videos is entirely fan driven...and at the moment that consists of AndyCam being the man who's behind the camera on everything (and doing the editing)...which you will understand is a lot to ask of one person. That will change as more resources become available (more people get involved) and when that happens then all your ideas and suggestions will be most welcome....and we already have a ton of ideas which include fan videos/interviews, giving you the chance to help and feature in this new project.

• Agree 4

ICT & The SPL being dragged kicking & screaming into using the internet............the MLS offical YouTube page is great, highlights of each game, best goal/player/misses packages every week. a great example of what the SPL needs to showcase it's talent.

• Agree 1

I like the layout, it looks jazzy!

Is it just ICT's own highlights that are being put up though, cause the ones for the Elgin friendly a few weeks back were kicking around somewhere as well?

I like the layout, it looks jazzy!

Is it just ICT's own highlights that are being put up though, cause the ones for the Elgin friendly a few weeks back were kicking around somewhere as well?

Match Highlights will be produced centrally and go on the the SPL YouTube channel in the first instance, then pulled down to club channels (timescale is still being agreed for the pull down).

We will also be looking to produce our own highlights which will lean more towards ICT moments from games.

If anyone happens upon highlights from any other games (particularly our pre-season as I have a lot of archive stuff already) then feel free to post/send me the link as I can add them to the relevant playlist on the channel as I have done with the Buckie highlights....even though they originally reside on another channel.

There's a whole host of other features available to us as a YouTube partner and we'll be looking to those to see what else we can do and what other video etc we can bring to the fans. As I said in the opening post, we'll be taking it one step at a time and only adding features we have the time and resources to support...in doing that we also hope to create opportunity for more people to get involved with both YouTube and other things within the media team that we hope to add and expand upon throughout this season and beyond.

could be worth merging the two, have one account where you can see current on goings and past. sounds good to me, but what do i know :shrug:

Don't think they'd want my crappy quality vids on their shiny new channel!

All looks very promising. Like the idea of producing our own highlights too as long as they don't come with commentary in a broad Invernessian accent (like mine)!

How far back does the archive footage you've got go?

We will be adding archives to the official channel in due course....quite literally hundreds of videos.

This makes me wet. :D

Would there be a place for fans vids? Vids of the fans singing etc.

Definitely, and I hope to have more news later in the week as to how this will be made possible.

could be worth merging the two, have one account where you can see current on goings and past. sounds good to me, but what do i know :shrug:

Don't think they'd want my crappy quality vids on their shiny new channel!

All looks very promising. Like the idea of producing our own highlights too as long as they don't come with commentary in a broad Invernessian accent (like mine)!

How far back does the archive footage you've got go?

Pretty much right back to the beginning I think.

Brilliant news and addition to the site. I have copies on VHS of almost all of the games of our first Div 1 title season. They were recorded for Jnr by Uncle Albert. Not sure of any 'copy right' mind. It also ncludes some of that seasons cup games.

Brilliant news and addition to the site. I have copies on VHS of almost all of the games of our first Div 1 title season. They were recorded for Jnr by Uncle Albert. Not sure of any 'copy right' mind. It also ncludes some of that seasons cup games.

If the official YouTube channel doesn't want them I'd happily convert them and put them up on my channel.

I think the club are looking to place ads on all ICT YouTube content, whether it's on the official channel or not. All means income for the club so the more content that is out there, and the more ads that are clicked, the better off the club will be.

This youtube channel is a great idea, not only for fans wanting to relive old memories but it gives us exposure on one of the internets most popular and far reaching websites. If it brings a few quid in through advertising as well then its an added bonus

• 2 weeks later...