ICT on YOUTUBE

CaleyD

No, blocked by CaleyD who is in hyper management mode. Absolutely feckin ridiculous, like the SPL would care if 3 minutes of Hearts v ICT was on YouTube. Only really posted it so Conor could share it with his family and friends back home. Aaargh. Carry on like this Don and you'll have no one left to "manage".

No, blocked by CaleyD who is in hyper management mode. Absolutely feckin ridiculous, like the SPL would care if 3 minutes of Hearts v ICT was on YouTube. Only really posted it so Conor could share it with his family and friends back home. Aaargh. Carry on like this Don and you'll have no one left to "manage".

You need to get your facts straight before you go accusing anyone of anything.

I blocked nothing, but if you want to get down off your high horse for just a moment I'll explain to you what likely happened.

The moment the SPL upload the match footage to the central channel and claim rights to it (whether they put that footage live or not), then any/all other videos on YouTube which match that, or part of that, are automatically flagged as being copyright infringement. There's a few options open to the original owner of the footage (The SPL...not me, not ICT). As the media agreements prevent the showing of highlights online in the UK before 6:00pm on Sunday (for Saturday 3pm games), then the only one of those options which would have kicked in is to block it in the UK....hence the "not available in your country" message.

If you had engaged your brain for just a second, and taken into consideration the information I provided to you via PM the other week in regards the clubs position on videos which breach copyright then you might have realised their was more at play here and it wasn't anyone being over zealous in the management of the situation.

At the very least you could have asked the question before spouting off.

• Agree 2