Season's expectation

Doofer

After st mirren I knew we would stay up but never imagined top 6, never mind ppossible european qualification. Before season started I couldn't care less where we finished, as long as we were above county and had a good cup run. Both of those targets have been met. Top 6 is a bonus and euro qualification would be a dream, so if we finish 4th I won't be devastated!

IHE...man of vision

I was just hoping to see a decent squad building and some cup drama. At the start of the season I would have said top three for months was not possible on our resources. I may even buy a lottery ticket this weekend....... 

I posted somewhere on here that I was hoping for SPL survival and a good cup run and that TB was the right man and to be given time to show what he was trying to build.

Hopefully we can build and sustain the level for future years. Personally I'm delighted with this season not just for what we have achieved but also the entertainment we have seen - afterall thats what football should be about, entertaining the fans!!

I can answer this now. At the start of the season the aim was to finish ahead of County. That we we would still be SPL. That's been achieved. However, these expectations rightly changed in January with how the league was shaping out. The disappointment I feel due our mass compilation is huge. I am sorry from January onwards I can not look upon it as being a success. Four defeats from 5 after the split wasn't good enough. It has been an exciting season and overall 4th would never been expected last August but my end of season feeling is disappointment.

• Agree 1

Was disappointed after the game but if we were offered 4th place at start of season would think it was a great success, first top 6 place, good cup run, most players re-signed, above county. Well done lads  :clapoverhead:

Bring on next season!!!!

We bottled it

Agreed, comes from having too many players who have never been in those positions before - closing out cup semi's, securing league positions - unlike M'well & StJ our team are inexperienced (other than maybe Foran) in these types of situations and obviously feel the pressure. Hopefully this is a learning oppertunity that we may get to learn from in future seasons.

The only compensation is that we look like holding on to the nucleus of this squad and Varsella could pick up a few more aces in the close season. We may have really fecked up this season but we have put the expectation bar fer next season. If only TB would look at his flaws we could be in fer a big season.