Whats the solution? What are you going to do?

caleytillidie

how about this, the club get into some mainstream stores around town, and sell them tickets at a reduced price but still enough to break even, how ever much it is per seat, must be 2-3 pound per ticket, in return the store put on an offer, perhaps every 25 pound spent you get 2 free tickets (no one wants to go alone) the store wins, people spend money and perhaps are encouraged to spend a little more, the club wins by getting more people in the gates. seems pretty simple to me, the club must have ties around the city.

Some may think this is unrealistic, but this season all the eyes towards Highland football will be towards Ross County. If history has shown us anything, ICT do nothing better than overshadowing it's yokel neighbours. We've not really had any real "buzz" around the club since 2004, bar winning the 1st Division two years ago. This season we have to get to a final. A Scottish Cup semi-final would maybe do the trick, but either of the national cups could well re-generate interest in the club and a great opportunity to get more people on board. And I don't think it's an impossible aim either.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 6

who is Callie? you can't even spell the team that you 'support' right! uncle Roy would warmly welcome people like you into his arms. good riddance!!

Callie happens to be my name - I don't hide under a nom de poison. Named after the team (so unless you know any Caleys). This is just a typical and bitter response I have come to see on this site and will never attract and rather will repel supporters. People call it happy clapping, at times it appears moronic clapping. Support the team regardless of the dross on display is not the way forward. Improve the entertainment value and people will come. Please please realise that IS the only way forward. Glory hunting - pah! We kept our season tickets for the season in the first division and very glad we did the matches were far better - teams played to win - very refreshing. The standard of football was also quite a bit better (especially from ICT). However as I have said previously the standard of football, entertainment, pies, parking, programmes etc etc has gone seriously downhill and I am afraid my family would rather spend our very hard earned cash in a different pursuit. I am sorry but that is our opinion and ultimately our choice. Please have the decency to respect that.

Also as I have said previously - there are none so blind as those that will not see!!!!

• Agree 2

The way we started the game against Kille was immense. The problem was that soon after we scored we went in to our shells. Momentum gone, the excitement in the crowd dissipated and we ended up hanging on til half time. I want to see our team going for the jugular when they get in front. As Callie says, we seem to have a fear of losing - and I think that applies to Scottish football in general.

The most enjoyable season for years was when we won division 1. I went away from most games thinking "that was fun" and you can talk about loyalty all you like but that's what will get people coming back. We're not the only game in town.

• Agree 2

Can I just stress that I am not posting under the name of CallieAnnie !! I am so glad that a "normal" person other than the seasoned detractors have made such a stand. Callie is actually saying what the large majority of us have been concerned about for yonks but she has put in a very realistic, genuine and emotional manner.

I do know a little Italian called Gino Decampo. I was merely trying to stress that Callie was as apt a user name as Forza is and certainly makes a lot more sense in a polite rather than impolite manner.

The way we started the game against Kille was immense. The problem was that soon after we scored we went in to our shells. Momentum gone, the excitement in the crowd dissipated and we ended up hanging on til half time. I want to see our team going for the jugular when they get in front. As Callie says, we seem to have a fear of losing - and I think that applies to Scottish football in general.

The most enjoyable season for years was when we won division 1. I went away from most games thinking "that was fun" and you can talk about loyalty all you like but that's what will get people coming back. We're not the only game in town.

Norma ifs funny how we remember the good times but forget the bad. If you remember back it was a real struggle the first few months we were in the 1st division and it only became "fun" after christmas when we went on our unbeaten run especially away from home. I remember being at Firhill in Dec and we lost, you couldnt see the pitch for fog and Ive never been so cold in my life! it certainly wasnt fun that day.

this is a football club not a sect and we have Butcher at the helm and not feckin Manson.

...actually hang on, just had a thought...have you ever seen them in the same room? Well have you?

tumblr_lrqr5055tM1qlqonqo1_500.jpgmarilyn-manson-martin-schoeller-TheSuiteWorld.jpg

Can I ask the board to look into this as a matter of urgency.

Edited by Wanderer
  • Agree 1

Support the team regardless of the dross on display is not the way forward.

sorry but running away when things get bad is NOT taking the club forward! However you and your family have obviously made your minds up and we can only respect that..................look forward to seeing you again on October the 6th :smile:

Back on topic however, what do we do to get people in?

I was reading last night that FC United of Manchester have given season ticket holders a 'free pass' to bring a friend to any game they wish. what a great piece of initiative. We could easily do something like this. We could have a 'free pass' for every concession season ticket holder so that a kid can take a friend for free to one game (bringing in more youth), or even allow a 'free voucher' so that people can get one cup game free with their season ticket. Initiatives like this might have helped season ticket sales in the summer?

I saw somewhere that Partick Thistle got 3,500 for their game against Falkirk on Saturday and I highly doubt so many people came because of the 'entertainment value' because Partick have been gash for a few seasons now. However I do know from reading on their website that in 2010 they started an initiative to allow under 16s in for free accompanied by a paying adult. Two years on, It's clearly paying dividends!!!

Sorry Forza but it is entirely on topic. Is THE topic, however you will not see it. Until the standard of football in Scotland improves (not just ICT) then more and more will vote with their feet. It is not a case of withdrawing support but more so the expense of attending a match with all the add ons, when there are many many other more appealing options. As NormaStitz says leaving a game saying that was fun means you will come back or are certainly more likely to come back. I could count on my head how many times I said that last season. Yes I only have one head, and that's how many games we enjoyed.

It is far from a case of walking away, it is a case of finding alternatives, like a family trip to the cinema (cost of one adult ticket) or even a months subscription to SKY Sports (cost of one concession ticket). It is not a case either of picking and chosing games because last season proved that didn't work as what should have been the top games were invariably the worst.

I am afraid that as far as our whole family is concerned, until the entertainment at ICT comes up to an acceptable level then other pursuits are far more appealing and a lot cheaper, where we can park for free and not have to wait half an hour for the free for all to clear.

I don't think this is a problem for ICT alone, there is a general malaise about Scottish Football which has not been helped by the race to be second, nor the media hyped race for top six - again I would say please please lets get back to entertaining people and not trying to ensure survival in a League that is nothing more than a laughing stock throughout the football world.

• Agree 1

It's not the standard of football that's anything to do with it, big deal Scottish football isn't as good as it was once upon a sun, it's not the standard that doesn't get people in the gates it's the lack of competition in the game in scotland that's driven people away from games in Scotland for years.

This will change with rangers out imo.

Don't moan about the product when you don't show up to watch it.

• Agree 1

It's not the standard of football that's anything to do with it, big deal Scottish football isn't as good as it was once upon a sun, it's not the standard that doesn't get people in the gates it's the lack of competition in the game in scotland that's driven people away from games in Scotland for years.

On the flip side - Moan about the product when you show up to watch it and you feel that it wasnt worth the expenditure or the effort.

On the flip side - Moan about the product when you show up to watch it and you feel that it wasnt worth the expenditure or the effort.

So true. :lol:

Luke, having been a season ticket holder for the last 10 years or more, I feel entitled to moan about the product, and then exercise our right not to continue with the season tickets. However we are not blinded by what is on display unlike some, and the very recent and rapid decline in quality.

I couldn't agree more though that Rangers are to blame for everything. Did they not back Hitler, Idi Amin and Bin Laden. Push them right out of football altogether that will cure everything. Oh boy.

Keep taking the tablets.

• Agree 1

I was one who received the complementary ticket but i still didnt attend this weekend. I am a football fanatic and been a life long man utd supporter as i grew up in the north west of England. I moved north in 2001 and watched Caley Thistle even from the long trip that was caithness. I got a season ticket when we got promoted for couple of reasons 1) i Love football and Caley was were me and my dad went before i got a season ticket and 2) it was my most local professional side (County dont count haha). In 2008 i left caithness and moved to stirling for study and really should have ended the season ticket with the cost of travel plus the incentive of away games. I didnt i stayed and kept my season ticket until this season when i have moved back to England making it impossible for me to attend each week but if i was still up north i can guarantee i would have renewed. I never got in touch to tell the club to demote rangers and never promised anything but again if i was north i wouldnt have had a second thought but to renew. Last season was dire but supporting a smaller club you cannot expect it to be great all the time. I fell in love with Inverness Caley Thistle and i still hope to make a few games this season even from England and i understand people about the money side but the football, please, it was mince but if you love the club and want to make sure it survives then i think not renewing because of the standard is a poor excuse and i am english and seen some of the most embarrassing international football performances haha. The whole spl is poor which has made every club poor even the old firm so lets all get behind the club and the unsong heros in the background who are trying to increase the exposure of the club to the inverness public

• Agree 5

I was one who received the complementary ticket but i still didnt attend this weekend. I am a football fanatic and been a life long man utd supporter as i grew up in the north west of England. I moved north in 2001 and watched Caley Thistle even from the long trip that was caithness. I got a season ticket when we got promoted for couple of reasons 1) i Love football and Caley was were me and my dad went before i got a season ticket and 2) it was my most local professional side (County dont count haha). In 2008 i left caithness and moved to stirling for study and really should have ended the season ticket with the cost of travel plus the incentive of away games. I didnt i stayed and kept my season ticket until this season when i have moved back to England making it impossible for me to attend each week but if i was still up north i can guarantee i would have renewed. I never got in touch to tell the club to demote rangers and never promised anything but again if i was north i wouldnt have had a second thought but to renew. Last season was dire but supporting a smaller club you cannot expect it to be great all the time. I fell in love with Inverness Caley Thistle and i still hope to make a few games this season even from England and i understand people about the money side but the football, please, it was mince but if you love the club and want to make sure it survives then i think not renewing because of the standard is a poor excuse and i am english and seen some of the most embarrassing international football performances haha. The whole spl is poor which has made every club poor even the old firm so lets all get behind the club and the unsong heros in the background who are trying to increase the exposure of the club to the inverness public

Great post!! Btw, you said you were from the North/west and also like the united. Have you at any time went to see FC United?