Small crowds? Little wonder!

A96

Spot on D. D. couldn't aggree with you more and that is why a lot of real fans stay away from games.

Is it any wonder Butcher loses the head with the crowd when at home.....The only real backing the team gets seems to come from these great travelling supporters we get when away from home, few they may be but they get behind our players and the noise of encouragement (not abuse) is always audible and great to hear. I always wish I was with them.

When on rare occasions i get to home games I am always dismayed by what I dont hear and further dismayed by what i do hear.

Great post D.D. I hope it hits home.................but I very much doubt it will because of the mentality of certain idiots. They should be in a section of their own, preferably under the Kessock Bridge.

• Agree 1

On the atmosphere question........

Safe-Standing section = singing section = good atmosphere = a good, loud, supportive crowd!

I understand it will cost a lot to make a safe-standing section but surely the positives outweigh the negatives and in the long run it will only benefit the club and support for the club!

On the atmosphere question........

Safe-Standing section = singing section = good atmosphere = a good, loud, supportive crowd!

I understand it will cost a lot to make a safe-standing section but surely the positives outweigh the negatives and in the long run it will only benefit the club and support for the club!

When you have no money, then you have no money and any cost is too much.

However, if you are willing to pay £80 for a safe standing seat and can find another 99 or so people willing to do the same then I could guarantee you'll get what you want.

Standing = noise?? Someone tell the Celtic fans. They seemed to manage ok in the same seats as the home fans.

This old chestnut is getting a bit tiresome. Apparently it was caused by fans not being together. So the club moves people out of their seats to create a 'singing section' and the result is...................no change :ponder:

Don't get me wrong I'm partial to a moan or two but the only time I shout out effing and blinding is when it's directed at the ref. Some of our fans are absolute beauts though some guy kept shouting 'Get him off Butcher' (I think it was directed at King) I really did want to point out to this guy that we had already used our three subs!

What I don't get either are these folk who after TWO home games are already saying if the team/club/manager doesn't do X,Y & Z. Then that's it I'm throwing my season ticket in the bin. C'mon FFS have a word with yourself. What's next? 'If I go to the food stall and there are no macaroni pies left I'm never going to go back' or 'If the stadium announcer doesn't play more songs I like I'm never coming back'? For the love of Jeebus we must have the most fickle fans in the league.

That said yesterdays performance was pretty rank overall.

• Agree 4

The Inverness public will never get behind ICT IMHO , doesn't matter what is tried .

Yeah sadly I think I probably agree with that, I've lived in various towns and cities over the years and I have never encountered so many punters who don't embrace or follow their local team

I'd go as far as saying I'd personally refrain from entering some licensed premises in the city wearing an ICT top for the fear of confrontation and animosity

If it wasn't for the mass influx of incomers to Inverness over the last 20 years I very much doubt the club would be still in the SPL today IMHO

In time I still think the fan base could grow but this will not happen overnight, the club need to be targeting primary schools/youth clubs etc in an attempt to educate the future generations of fans coming through as the current generation is sadly a lost cause

Dougal

The Inverness public will never get behind ICT IMHO , doesn't matter what is tried .

Yeah sadly I think I probably agree with that, I've lived in various towns and cities over the years and I have never encountered so many punters who don't embrace or follow their local team

I'd go as far as saying I'd personally refrain from entering some licensed premises in the city wearing an ICT top for the fear of confrontation and animosity

If it wasn't for the mass influx of incomers to Inverness over the last 20 years I very much doubt the club would be still in the SPL today IMHO

In time I still think the fan base could grow but this will not happen overnight, the club need to be targeting primary schools/youth clubs etc in an attempt to educate the future generations of fans coming through as the current generation is sadly a lost cause

Dougal

How about moving the technical areas and dugout across to the A9 side so the management don't get involved in slanging matches etc.

First Class idea

IMHO

Nice to learn that your opinions are becoming humble Dougal! :lol:

My understanding was the H meant honest. At least I think it did back in my PC gaming days. (PC meaning personal computer, not politically correct!)

• Agree 1

An intersting statistic for people.

Allegedly Ross County now have more Inverness based Season Ticket Holders than Dingwall based!

I dont know where the stats would come from but I would say that could be pretty feasible considering there cant be a lot of prospects in Dingwall.

Would it be surprising to say that half of Forfars st holders may live in Dundee, or perhaps half of Partick thistle fans dont live in Partick.

Regarding their stats their usually a bit evasive, their Celtic match was going to be a sellout, then extra tickets were made available on the Celtic website ? followed by extra tickets being made available at the home end??. 6110 was the attendance for their 2nd home game in the SPL v Celtic, which had 10 more supporters than us against Celtic on Saturday and we no longer have the 'SPL for the 1st time' novelty factor.

Their first game in the SPL should have been a full house and it wasnt, in our last game of the season in div 1 against ST Johnstone, when we were crowned 1st div champions for the first time, we even completely filled the away end, the unlucky ones who couldnt get in watched the match from the A9. Our first SPL match would have been a sell out too if it wasnt for the fact it was played in Aberdeen.

Where does all the panic and worry stem from with regards to Ross County, they had a good season in div 1, like most teams they have carried the confidence and belief through to the SPL. thats about it really and good luck to them while it lasts.

I hope they stay in the SPL for as many season as the can but 8 season later, they wont have the same players, will probably have gone through a few managers, the SPL novelty factor will be long gone and the attendances will be lower.

In the meantime I wish them well.

• Agree 1

Look forward to playing C(o)unty. They can't score, we can't defend, should be interesting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As long as the game goes to form we could play without Ryan and see if we can do a bit better at the other end :crazy:

• Agree 1

Smaller crowds not surprised.

Ive just been looking at some SPL stats make up your own mind if you can see a pattern emerging

Attendance figures per season.

Livingston y1, 134601,( finish 3rd), y2 129735, y3 97220.

Partick y1, 117298, y2, 89487

Falkirk, y1, 104795, y2 107730, y3 105785, y4 107158,

St Mirren y1, 106562, y2 86400, y3 102814,( new stadium) y4 83859, y5 84545, y6 85365.

Hamilton y1, 72634, y2 57098, y3 55056.

St Johnstone y1 89632, y2 72982, y3 75054 (top 6 finish, more away fans)

ICT y1, 85998, y2 76441. y3 ? dip expected.

In general it appears that fans support a winning team in division 1, then follow the success into the SPL, reality kicks in that they wont win most games and some fans find something else to do.

Ourselves on our 1st visit to the SPL and Falkirk seemed to buck the trend. this time round we are just following suit with the rest of the teams in the SPL. I will expect Falkirk to follow the same trend too on their next visit to the SPL

We arent having a disaster regarding attendances, we are just following the national trend regarding Scottish football, it will also drop a bit more than usual by not having Rangers for the next few seasons but I believe the investment in our young fans will help us in the long run.

According to statistics its not the players or managements fault its just how it is.

So at least we can put this one to bed and get on with the football.

Well our problems are well documented it is expensive for the product not enough people in inverness support there local side (Old firm dominance as we know) and after last season lots have been put off and for a while the atmosphere has been rank rotten for a number of seasons which hasnt done anything to incourage people to come. Now the club did what fans asked and some wrongfully made promises that they didnt keep some didnt but wanted the club to do the right thing anyway. But i think one factor which still causes lots of people to stay away is the SPL is still the SPL. Rangers may have gone and wont be back for a while especially if there away form continues to be indifferent (haha). But the SPL is still uncompetitive and still uneven and has all the problems that continues to plague it even with one major obsticle cleared. People will return if the product becomes exciting and fresh something new which can get people excited as well as distributing money more evenly. The SPL needs to change because the club has done what is asked of it and hasnt really improved attendences and from where im sitting no club has really improved. Killie still average around 5,000 no real increase the bigger clubs like hearts dundee united who u think may come out in numbers as they have a chance to challenge celtic and also champs football they havent improved dramatically so we need to change and freshen up the product as whole

• Agree 1

I agree with gingerjaggy that until the SPL format changes, that will have an impact on attendances. Not sure how much, and don't think this is the sole reason for our delining attendances but certainly a factor.

Personally I think that small crowds in down to the whole match day experience at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. There is nothing the club can do about the football on show but there are thing which could be greatly improved the atmosphere at the ground.

Where is the match build up before the game? Big clubs tend to have a build-up from 2.30 ending with the playing of the club’s theme tune before kick-off to get the crowd singing. Why don’t we have a theme tune? Preferable something everyone knows the words to. (Nothing by 10CC and Graza please)

When we score where is the good music to celebrate with, where is the not so good music when the opposition score. Any tactic should be used to try up lift our team, we are at home. Forget this stiff upper lip rubbish.

People who when to the Northern Meeting park last weekend would have been very disappointed if there was no big stage, flashing lights, big speakers etc to go with the acts on show.

Also there is always someone collecting money at the gate. Why aren’t they ask to provide the entertainment at halftime. No free rides here. Even it is only an egg and spoon race. For example our next match is against Aberdeen, one team in blue the other in red. Gives both fans something to cheer at. All the club would have to do is veto anything suggestion which they did not like. Remember it is them who want to our money.

• Agree 1

Personally I think that small crowds in down to the whole match day experience at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. There is nothing the club can do about the football on show but there are thing which could be greatly improved the atmosphere at the ground.

Where is the match build up before the game? Big clubs tend to have a build-up from 2.30 ending with the playing of the club’s theme tune before kick-off to get the crowd singing. Why don’t we have a theme tune? Preferable something everyone knows the words to. (Nothing by 10CC and Graza please)

When we score where is the good music to celebrate with, where is the not so good music when the opposition score. Any tactic should be used to try up lift our team, we are at home. Forget this stiff upper lip rubbish.

People who when to the Northern Meeting park last weekend would have been very disappointed if there was no big stage, flashing lights, big speakers etc to go with the acts on show.

Also there is always someone collecting money at the gate. Why aren’t they ask to provide the entertainment at halftime. No free rides here. Even it is only an egg and spoon race. For example our next match is against Aberdeen, one team in blue the other in red. Gives both fans something to cheer at. All the club would have to do is veto anything suggestion which they did not like. Remember it is them who want to our money.

What have the club vetoed in terms of matchday improvements?