stenhousemuir v ict

ferben1994

Stenny's keeper is Callum Reidford, who I'm pretty sure played some pre-season for us a few years ago whilst on trial. Might have been summer 2008? Did we sign Esson instead?

What is it not the preseason to the Division 1 season? He was here on trial for a little while, and played in a couple of friendlies IIRC. Think he was going to be back-up for Esson, but Butcher went with promoting Kyle Allison instead.

Artificial pitch - when was the last time ICT played on one of those?

I was struggling to remember any times at all, but then I recalled that Dunfermline used to have one and I'm pretty sure we played on it in our first SPL season.

Back then Celtic were were publicly concerned about their players getting injured by the Pars pitch, and then got even more riled when John Yorkston famously responded that Bobo Balde injures more players than their pitch does!

Had one - I think they were forced to replace it with grass when they joined the SPL, so we might never have played on it.

Currently I think Stenny, Alloa, Montrose, Forfar, Airdrie, Annan and Clyde have synthetic pitches. Spartans and Gala Fairydean too. As the technology keeps improving I can see them getting more and more common.

Have just realised that I am at a conference in Stirling that day, which finishes at 3.30. I guess that means either sitting in a pub in Stirling on my own for a few hours, or heading to Larbert, and finding a pub to sit in for a few hours, until the rest of the ICT contingent appears. Either way, the next day at work will probably be one to forget...

• Agree 2

Have just realised that I am at a conference in Stirling that day, which finishes at 3.30. I guess that means either sitting in a pub in Stirling on my own for a few hours, or heading to Larbert, and finding a pub to sit in for a few hours, until the rest of the ICT contingent appears. Either way, the next day at work will probably be one to forget...

I'm taking a half day. See you at 3.45 :smile:

I'm taking a half day. See you at 3.45 :smile:

Not any more :sad: - got my dates mixed up. The Stirling one is next week; the one on the 25th is at Glenalmond College, somewhere in the middle of Perthshire. Looks like it'll be a taxi to Perth, a train to Stirling and then another train to Larbert if I'm going to make it. At least it might cut down on the time spent in the pub...