Andy Murray Grand Slam victory

Caley Mad In Berks

If they are all so pro Union, why is it not the All British Tennis Club,

And well done Alex Salmond for the wee flag, priceless.

All who are so pro-union?  I shouldn't think Wimbledon cares either way.  If you read most posters on 'English' papers I think you will find they are happy for Scotland to go.  Scottish independence has higher support in England than Scotland.

And Alex Salmond was pathetic.  The moment should have been about Andy Murray, not Alex Salmond.  Truly pathetic.

All the fuss about a flag. Dont hear anyone mention the hundreds of other people with Scottish flags on the day. Of course this one was being brandished by a politician liked by some and loathed by others. The waving of the flag was picked up by the Biased Broadcasting Corporation who then report a story about political gesturing. After all Mr Salmond wasn't there as a fan of Andy. He couldn't be he's a politician and they are not supposed to cheer on one of their own.

Had Salmond paid his way and taken a seat amongst the regular punters then it would be fair enough for him to wave his flag but sitting in a privileged location because of his political position demands behaviour fitting of his position.  Let's be clear - this was not an action by Salmond the fan, it was a cynical attempt by Salmond the politician to use Murray's achievement to draw attention to himself.  It's no big deal, but it did look a bit naff and will have done nothing to endear him to those who are yet to rally to the cause (if I can use that term in the context of a tennis match).  I wonder what the reaction would have been had Cameron sported a Union flag in the same way - no doubt it would have been condemned as unnecessary provocation by those who are currently defending Salmond.  Sunday was Andy Murray's day and Salmond should have had the dignity not to do anything to detract from that.

• Agree 1

Had Salmond been sitting in front and to the side of Cameron, and had waved the Scottish flag when Murray had won - would this be in the news as much, no chance. It may have been a bit daft of Salmond as he would have known the cameras would be on him and Cameron but regardless of that, why can't he wave a Scottish flag in support of a Scottish sportsman? As my dad has already said, if he was sitting in amongst the paying fans, we wouldn't be talking about it now.

• Agree 1