Owain Tudur Jones

TopSix

Have we seen him play his last ever match for ICTFC? He was honking against Motherwell, and it remains unclear if his red card today was for foul and abusive language or for the tackle. If it was for the former, I wouldn't care if I never see him in an ICTFC shirt again.

Edited by Top Six Next Year
  • Agree 1

To answer your question. No we havnt seen the last of him.

It was for the foul there was no abusive language. They put andersons sending off down as foul and abusive language to.

The first red card was nuts. He just lost the head.

Today it was one of those ones where he's made a whole hearted challenge and misjudged it. Id like to see a replay though as I didn't have a great view from the north stand.

OTJ was sent of for foul and abusive language.

I posted this too, in the matchday thread, because that's what SKY Sports News reported. However, they also reported that Anderson was sent off for the same thing, which clearly wasn't the case, so it might have been their mistake.

He has been a very disappointing signing, though, no question about it.

Edited to add: sorry, Luke, just noticed that you'd already made the point about SSN.

Edited by alternative maryhill

TSNY - are you for real ? Absolutely ridiculous thread. Please spare us the histrionics.

Histrionics? You cannot deny that ICT's red card record this season and OTJ's in particular, is nothing short of shocking. If you analyse the amount of games OTJ has missed since his signing, through injury, and now ill disipline, opening poster has every right to question whether he is a liability, and worthy of playing for ICT again.

Edited by Caley Mad In Berks
  • Agree 2

Yes, histrionics. He's not even a dirty player. iBM hits nail squarely on head. Some of us need to put things in perspective. Our disciplinary record is not good this season but do you honestly think OTJs two reds justify the bullet ? Have a cup of sugary tea and a lie down. it'll all seem better in the morning.

Highlights footage may prove me wrong but my initial reaction was that OTJ had no need to wait for the ref - he should have headed straight for the tunnel. It looked reckless and he was just nowhere near the ball. He may feel that he only clipped the guy but if that was so then that is only because the wee winger didn't quite jump high enough.

I don't think it was malicious and it certainly wasn't red mist like the previous red card but it was a very ill judged tackle. Should he be told not to pull on an ICT shirt again because of this? No. Of course not, but for me it does raise the question of whether he should be in the side as a first choice.

In some ways he seems to have some good qualities. His height means he wins balls in the air and at times there is an elegance about his play. But this is not the waltz on Strictly Come Dancing we are talking about, it's the SPL and I get the sense that the Scottish style of play is just a bit to frenetic for him. He suits the more composed positional style of continental football where you have time on the ball.

Today he never had time on the ball and consequently was contributing very little to the match. Had the game been going better for him I think he would have pulled away from the challenge. Instead he commited himself to the tackle out of frustration.

An intersting thing for me was the way Sutherland played up front in replacing the ineffectual A Shinie. Several of us on this forum have been calling on the manager to play Sutherland in the striking role and I feel that the way Sutherland plays up front would suit OTJ's style of play. I would like to see how that would work out but unfortunately for one reason or another, we may have to wait a while to find out.

Yes, histrionics. He's not even a dirty player. iBM hits nail squarely on head. Some of us need to put things in perspective. Our disciplinary record is not good this season but do you honestly think OTJs two reds justify the bullet ? Have a cup of sugary tea and a lie down. it'll all seem better in the morning.

Ok, I'll bite. His performance at Fir Park was nothing short of shocking - and now this today. Highly disappointing and he's looking like a waste of a wage.

Didn't see him at Fir Park so can't comment. Two reds not particularly clever but screaming for his head seems somewhat excessive. Seems like an honest pro to me. The lad hasn't exactly set the heather alight but I think in the cold light of day you might agree that your original post was a tad knee-jerk. Not looking to get into a spat over this but let's put things in perspective folks.

I understand where you're coming from Yimp. I don't want to get into a spat with you, or anyone else for that matter. However, following his time on the pitch at Fir Park it's highly disappointing he didn't raise his game today to make up for it. We all know this is goIng to be a tough season. Going on the start we've had, we're going to be in the mix at the wrong end of the table come the end of it. We need committed players but I get the impression he's not fully committed to ICTFC.

If the incident makes it into the highlights then it will be interesting to see whether or not it shows Hayes waving at and telling the guy to stay down as the referee was carding Owain. Don't like it when so called fellow professionals do stuff like that to see others sent off.

Owain did go in high and that in itself might be enough for the referee not to change his mind on the red card so not sure we should waste money appealing unless video shows it completely differently.

The referee over reacted partly possibly because Terry does not endear himself to referees. He spends most games criticising them. That is bound to result in adverse decisions. After Aaron was booked it is fair to say Aberdeen players got off lightly. Josh crunched Hughes just before half time but not maliciously. The little winger did not endear himself because he whinges then acts out an injury and is then straight back in the action. It is quite interesting watching the Big Match from 20 or so years back - we get none of the play acting we see today.

Owain did not deserve to be sent off. If we see the incident we will see a significant element of play acting. The crowd, as we all do, seek to influence the decision. The referee was caught up in this emotion.

Foul and abusive language? What a load of tosh. A late challenge that deserved a yellow and no more. Gutted for the guy as he was playing well at the time and now has to sit out 3 games because of one referees poor decision. Thought Foran's challenge on Fraser was worse towards the end.