ICT V Rangers - matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:021:

It's my birthday, the best present I received !!!

Another favour for the Dons, we are now going to chase them all the way.

This must be the turn around we are all waiting for, keep up the good work Charlie

Guest Sangobeg Jaggie

Absolutely fantastic result. Thats exactly what we needed after that display on Saturday.  McGregor ,made MAn of the Match by BBC commentary team. What does that tell you?

Delighted for the team and CC.

What did they say in the interviews Harry?

both pointed out that as thogh this was a great result the games against St Mirren and Falkirk are bread abd butter so we need to push ourselves back up the table etc. etc.

both very articulate and seem determined to get us out of the relegation battle

Superb performance.

Defence were solid, I thougth Grant Munro in particular timed his challanges superbly and we were using the ball out of defence a lot better.  Midfield were great, Rankin played the sort of game we need from him all the time, cutting in from the flank, threatening opposition goals.  Bayne and Wyness did magnificently up front - Bayne using his strength and workrate and Wyness picking the ball up deeper with his great touch.  

Hopefully we can push on from here and pick our season up again.

I posted earlier on that this would need to be backs to the wall stuff tonight.... How wrong I was....

We took this game by the scruff of the neck and more than matched Rangers in every department.... even their penalty was as soft as sh1te....

Brilliant tactics CC.... You've answered your handful of critics extemely adequately..... Well done.... :022: :021: :022:

Your comments please...Bonzo....  :023:

I predicted we'd get gubbed tonight - I LOVE BEING WRONG   :015:

Fantastic performance tonight and just what we needed to get us out of our recent slump. The hard work starts again on Saturday but the team should have a well deserved beer or 3 tonight and savour the moment.

Some great individual performances tonight that deserve mentioning.

Hastings was my MOTM -  he's been great this season but doesn't seem to get the plaudits he deserves.

Black worked tirelessly in midfield - just a shame about the booking which seemed a bit harsh.

Wyness should flashes of his old true self and ran more than I've seen him run in ages.

Last but no means least John Rankin for that wonder strike - he's been getting a fair amount of stick on here - time for a lot of folk to eat some humble pie.

WELL DONE CC & THE BOYS  :025: :025: :025:

Now get a result at Falkirk  :004:

SEBO!!! SEBO!!! SEBO!!  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Oh my God, I haven't enjoyed myself so much in ages!  What a finish by Rankin, when was the last time we scored a goal like that?  Absolutely stunning.  We were fantastic, Rangers created very little despite their possession, and McGregor made three stunning saves.

Brilliant.  Totally brilliant.

That performance tonight is the reason why I am so confident we will not be relegation contenders come the end of the season.  As has been said by many people, a team don't just turn into mince overnight and we haven't being particularly bad football.  ALL areas of the park did their job tonight and ALL players were on form - the stats don't lie and we made Rangers look like the team that was second bottom for most of the 90 minutes.

As for Rankins goal.....what a beauty - definite contender for Goal of the Season in my book.

Brown - Never had much to do the whole game in all honesty, and for the first time in ages he was actually playing the quick short ball out instead of hoofing it long all the time.

Munro - Absolutely solid and timed his tackles well

Dods - Back to the solid defender we know he can be, his goal was pretty but he got it in the back of the net despite it bouncing around akwardly.

Hastings - Really wish we had a solid Left Back to take his place, not because Ithink he played poorly, but because I would love to see him play left midfield.  The guy must have run a Marathon tonight the number of times he was up and down that wing and most of his balls into the box were accurate.

Rossco - Graceful he isn't but he covered his side of the park well, still looked like he needs to work on his fitness a bit as he was flagging badly towards the end, but continued to give his all till the final whistle.

Wilson - What I wouldn't give for a time machine to turn back the clock and give him his legs back.  He played his heart out the entire time he was on the pitch and had some nice moves past Rangers players.  No disgrace in being subbed as he had given everything he had and was running on empty (Smart move by CC to switch him to the left for 10 minutes to see make sure we were keeping our shape before introducing Morgan in his place)

Rankin - Thats the kind of play I want to be seeing from him every week.  He chased everything, ran at the opposition and scored a wonder goal to win us the match.

Black - Apart from one moment of stupidity that got him booked he had a great game.  Still think he should be pushing forward a bit more when we're on the attack instead of strutting around like he owns the place, but que sera.

McBain - Quitely effective would probably be the best way to describe his game tonight.  Never stood out for anything good or bad and was pretty effective at just putting his foot on the ball then laying it off to keep the attack flowing.

Wyness - Another who must have run a marthon tonight.  Chased down every ball coming forward, ran at the defence time and again and laid of some nice balls for shots on.

Bayne - Proved tonight that he can play as a targetman and must have won more than his fair share of the balls coming over the top to him

Morgan - I don't think CC will be in a hurry to let him go out on loan.  He wasn't on the pitch all that long but he slotted in well and the team managed to keep their shape which was an important factor in tonights result.

Guest samuelbarros

A great scalp but most important was getting some much needed points. I reckon another 10 should guarantee survival in the SPL for another year. There's an opportunity to get 6 in the next 2 matches and with another game against Rangers still to come, that makes 9, so just a draw somewhere to really take the pressure off in the run in.

I hope you can hear this because I am hoarse from shouting. When the heat went out of the second half, I thought that was it, but that it would take something special - and up steps Rankin! We have lost a few late ones, so it was great to win by a late one.

Bayne and Wyness looked like they had been playing together all season, Rankin was creative and the defence was back to its usual wall-like self. Hastings was my MOM - ran the length of the field, put in crosses, marked his man really did the work of two. Brown had no saves in anger to make. As a previous poster has said I just wish Black would run on from sweeping rather than try the long ball, and Tokely wants to get back to the gym - faded big style in the second half. But these comments are a bit churlish - great entertainment, and it is soooo sweet beating the huns and hearing them moaning that we have no right to.

They looked very ordinary, and if it hadn't been for a couple of class McGregor saves the scoreline would have reflected the game a lot more accurately. It's getting to be a habit!

We have a couple of hard games, the kind we don't like to win, but must if we want to reinstate ourselves as mid-table challengers.

Good on Charlie and the chaps, now lets do it when the cameras aren't rolling!!

A great scalp but most important was getting some much needed points. I reckon another 10 should guarantee survival in the SPL for another year. There's an opportunity to get 6 in the next 2 matches and with another game against Rangers still to come, that makes 9, so just a draw somewhere to really take the pressure off in the run in.

:015: :015: :015:

Absolutely brilliant !!!!!!! Doesn't get any better than this.....couldn't keep the smile off my face walking past all the rangers fans after the game !!!! :003:

Nobody can argue with that result..we were by FAR the better team tonight. Fantastic performance !!

SEBO !!!      SEBO  !!!    SEBO !!!!

We love him !!!!

As for Rankins goal.....what a beauty - definite contender for Goal of the Season in my book.

Rankin - Thats the kind of play I want to be seeing from him every week.  He chased everything, ran at the opposition and scored a wonder goal to win us the match.

John Rankin has an abundance of talent and certainly showed us that tonight. My concern - earlier in the season - was that he was a bit shot shy but against the Huns tonight he showed what he really can do when he is prepared to have a dig from distance. Well done young John - you were a star tonight.

The other player who I believe has made a big difference in our attack is Dennis Wyness. I am not too concerned that he has not been scoring himself - that will come. I am glad to see him playing more regularly and his work rate and intelligent use of the ball has been getting us a lot more scoring opportunities . Having (until recently) endured so many dull home games, it is a delight and joy to see goals being scored once again at the Caledonian Stadium. Long may it continue!!

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Brilliant performance, brilliant comeback, brilliant result - especially against a team who just beat Aberdeen, thrashed Hibs, and played Celtic off the park. (Not to mention all their European stuff)

And even then, 2-1 flattered Rangers. Their penalty was an absolute joke. They had a few scrambles in and around our box but didn't get much change from our back 4.

Richard Hastings was as good as anyone on the park - he's was absolutly dominant tonight, including in the air where he used to struggle. When's the last time he had a bad game?

Dodds has always been a rock for us at the back, but now he's making a habit of getting on the scoresheet, terrific stuff, he even did a Cruyff turn at one point!

Roscoe - did alright at the back but his distribution was woeful. It was as if he was actually AIMING for row Z behind the goals such was the consistancy with which he found it.

Roy McBain played the anchor role like a master - and was still managing to make surging runs into the box in injury time. All the clowns who say he's over the hill are clueless. He even contributed to our winning goal - running into the box attracting defenders which gave Rankin more time and space to shoot.

Blackie - a class act. His booking (I assume it was for kicking the ball away) was a disgrace, he didn't actually even kick it away, he flicked it up and it landed in the same place. Then minutes later Charlie Adam hoofs the ball 40 yards into the air in disgust - no booking.

Bazza - worked like a Japanese prisoner of war all night as usual, but not one of his better games. Gave the ball away more times than Olivier Tebily.

Rankin - looks like a different player to the one who arrived. He's in his element out on the wing. Excellent first touch, control and dribbling. His crossing aswell, remniscent of Robson - perhaps even BETTER than Robson. He should be taking EVERY set piece.

Wyness - terrorised the Huns defenders when he ran with the ball. Back to his very best - I actually rate him more highly than Dargo now.

Bayne - A masterclass in holding the ball. He never wasted it. Could perhaps have gotten on the scoresheet, he had a header from close range that he probably should have done better with. The number of high balls that he won was outstanding.

Morgan - good to see him back, but he did seem to be ballwatching a bit after he came on. Perhaps he was still in shock.

I don't think we should make any changes to the team from tonight.

John Rankin has an abundance of talent and certainly showed us that tonight. My concern - earlier in the season - was that he was a bit shot shy but against the Huns tonight he showed what he really can do when he is prepared to have a dig from distance. Well done young John - you were a star tonight.

Hopefully this will give him the confidence to have a dig. I saw him play 7 or 8 times for County last season and he would shoot from anywhere