Hibernian -V ICT

Scotty

Good to see us fight back from 2 down we were awful and Hibs fully deserved their goals. Came into after that and pulled one back from Conor Pepper looked to be a great finish. The credit for our second goal has to go to Josh Meekings with his back to goal he produces a superb turn to leave two Hibs defenders for dead his shot was saved by the goalie. Draper gets the rebound but again is blocked the ball spills to Foran who finishes it not quite sure what happened as the Hibs goalie got booked for pushing Foran as he went to celebrate the goal not really sure what it was for.

Slightly disappointed that after we drew level Foran was removed from his forward role alongside McKay and dropped deep into midfield I thought Hibs were on the ropes and there for the taking and we should have pushed for the win. No doubt I will be criticised for being negative after a great fightback from ICT.

Special mentions to Wotherspoon for his excellent goal definitely a goal of the season contender and a fantastic show by the Easter Road stewards who did not cause hassle at all. They made no attempt to prevent people from standing and enjoying themselves - take a bow the way stewarding should be at all grounds.

I was there :thumbup:

Plus Points -

• Great comeback.
  • Foran's form is back.
  • Pepper looks promising.
  • Warren looks the best organiser of the defence since Dods left.
  • Meekings' Cryuff Turn. :ohmy:

Negative Points -

• Raven is not good enough.
  • Doran picked up where he left off against Aberdeen. Seems quite off form.
  • Andrew Shinnie was quiet again.
  • Graeme Shinnie is not a defensive midfielder.

All in all, an exciting game (and only £12 for concessions - take note ICT). A great comeback, but a special mention must go to Hibs's second goal. A great strike.

Bring on Stenhousemuir!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Thoroughly enjoyed todays game and (despite Terry disagreeing with me :lol:) I didn't think there was much to fault the team for during the entire match. Ok, we lost two goals, but they were both well taken and you couldn't really point a finger of blame at anyone for either. The only stat that didn't favour ICT for the first 45 minutes was the goals....and if not for a great performance by Williams then that could easily have been 3-2 in our favour after 45 minutes.

Have to disagree with Wotherspoon having the best goal of the game...the opportunity was handed to him on a plate. Peppers was far better for me as, even after standing strong to win possession, he had to remain composed to pick the shot to slot it past a the keeper who was baring down on him and vastly restricting the angle/options.

My conclusions from today....sometimes the league table does lie. Hibs league position flatters them, whilst ours does not do us justice.

• Agree 1

I thought the difference between the two teams in the first half was confidence. Hibs were brimming with it and are much improved on last season. Wotherspoons goal was a peach but have just watched Peppers on SSN and actually was much better than I thought at the time. At the time was just very relieved and after getting back in it always felt we would get something from the game.

All in all a great team comeback and with a little belief and continuing hard graft a win surely isn't far off.

I left Easter Road today knowing that I had just experienced an exciting, if frustrating game of football, but one well worth the ticket price. The end result though was really satisfying. After going two down I had to get away for an early pie 'n Bovril to relieve the stress - only to find that Hibs do the worst (and most overpriced) pies in the SPL! It seemed like we might have been facing a rout from the 'potential' league leaders after going two down but thanks to that Connor Pepper goal it was a changed game. Well done to the team for yet another fine Edinburgh comeback!

There is spirit in this team - even although we can look a bit chaotic at times. Richie Foran is an inspirational leader and had an excellent game today. He plays for the jersey - and that really matters. I really think this team will gel and improve significantly. We rode our luck a few times today and Ryan Esson pulled off some amazing saves. But the will to push forward and use some imagination in attack was really encouraging to watch. This team will improve significantly - I'm certain of that.

This was my first visit to the 'new' Easter Road. Their stadium is fabulous and the atmosphere is terrific. The stewards seem such a nice bunch too. Top marks to Hibs for providing an excellent venue and well managed event. I look forward to going back there again sometime. Reasonable turn-out from the ICT fans too.

Edited by A96

Wasn't there but from what I've heard I'm delighted. Listened to it on the radio, very exciting game to even just listen to. Ritchie foran gets his 3rd goal in 3 games. Conor pepper his 2nd in his first start.

Totally agree with most of what's been said. I said last week the same as rene that Gary warren could be one of our best centre halfs since Darren dods. I think we lacked that last year. Tokely was a great servant but not a leader and golobart was much the same he could do his job but you could see that there was no real organiser in there.

Foran back to being captain fantastic after taking pelters last season, I always thought he was one of few who played for the shirt last year.

All in all good result given the circumstances we can go into next weeks difficult game with confidence.

There is more fight about this team than last season, no question about it. Twice now that we have recovered from 2 goal deficits to take something from a game. Just wish we could start turning these draws into wins. 2 defeats out of our opening 8 games (including Arbroath) is not bad at all but only one win takes the sting out of it.

No doubt we have the capability and confident it will come but the sooner the better. Saw Wotherspoon's goal, hats off to the lad as it was a phenomenal strike.

You can say what you like, but I don't get to see the matches except on BBC Text. A point is a point ... and we're no bottom of the League and I'm happy with that for now.

Pepper is a gem of a find. Well done to whoever identified him as a signing. Roberts looked good too. He looked a little rusty without 1st team action but I think he'll be an important player as the season progresses. I thought we could have sneaked a winner at the end. Cracking match.

Great day out and some great goals. We were on a hiding with just over half an hour gone but we dug deep and thoroughly deserved our point. Richie Foran was once again superb. Surprised by Pepper starting but he justified that with a super strike that brought us back into the game and in the second half we looked the likelier to go on and win the game although Hibs were dangerous on the break. Esson produced a fantastic one handed reflex save to keep us interested, hats off to Ryan.

And now a subject not touched on by many............Phillip Roberts looks to be a superb addition to the squad, decent in the air and able to drift past players with ease. He'll do for me.

• Agree 1

Pepper is a gem of a find. Well done to whoever identified him as a signing.

TB on BBC:

"We need to have a better mind-set at the start of games and make sure we apply ourselves better," he explained.

"In the second half when the game opens up more we have more about us.

"We can't keep going through 45 minutes conceding goals because we won't come back every time."

Pepper impressed on his first SPL start, having also equalised against Hearts as a substitute.

"He's got great energy," enthused Butcher. "He's a great lad. It took us a year to get him - he had to go back to Ireland for his studies - and now he's learning quickly at our club.

"He's a bit like Forrest Gump. It's just as well the stadium is enclosed otherwise he'd been running along Princes Street!"

I liked a lot of what I saw yesterday. As has been said Hibs were full of confidence in the first half but credit to us for not letting the head drop after going 2 down.

I think that's one of the best Foran performances I've seen, and it was noticeable the extent to which we tried to play to his feet rather than lumping high hopeful balls. Credit to Esson as well for keeping us in the game in the second half, and to Pepper... Run Conor Run...!

I felt that the match was a game of two halves really. It took us a wee bit to get into the swing of things and then when we did it was a really enjoyable match. First goal was very scrappy to lose out too and then David Wotherspoon's goal, there was no chance in hell of stopping that - Great goal.

I am very happy with the two performances from Andre Blackman. I was very sceptical at the start due to his lack of involvement at Celtic and not forgetting his debut vs Aberdeen for Celtic but I am actually glad he has been brought in and was a stand out for us before he got injured - Any updates on him by the way?

Philip Roberts too seems to be a promise but it's still early days. If he plays like he did yesterday then we will have a genuine threat up-front.

All in all a good day out yesterday from the boys and let's hope we can show up against Dundee United which will be a tough game after they got gubbed by Hearts!

Edited by ICTRoughi

Pepper impressed on his first SPL start, having also equalised against Hearts as a substitute.

"He's got great energy," enthused Butcher. "He's a great lad. It took us a year to get him - he had to go back to Ireland for his studies - and now he's learning quickly at our club.

"He's a bit like Forrest Gump. It's just as well the stadium is enclosed otherwise he'd been running along Princes Street!"

After the Hearts game Terry announced on the radio that Connor "gets paid peanuts" (salted or peppered?) which I'm sure was noted by his agent and other clubs! If he does well enough to earn a better deal from us or a more lucrative elsewhere move then fair play to him.

Edited by Yngwie

I don't get to see the matches except on BBC Text.

I'll just take this opportunity for a plug. If you are away from a radio or prefer another means of following events, the BBC online, including text, service has been upgraded this season in Scotland with a view to providing more information. This comes in the form of how the game is going and bits of colour from matches. All match reporters - Open All Mics and in particular the TV reporter - have a remit to feed into the text service and there is also a brief match report placed online.

• Agree 1

We‘re certainly being entertained this season. If we can cut out the errors at the back we could do very well for the rest of the season. I am more confident now. Raven has been singled out a lot recently so it‘s fair to praise him when he plays well. He did play well against Hibs. The first league win is not far away :)

I only saw last night's highlights on BBC but that superb goal by Hibs was virtually applauded by Blackman as he stood so far off his man and allowed him all the time in the world for the timing of the shot to be just right and it was right, as Esson was left with no chance.

Warren was lucky that the ball he left was not touched in by anyone and only scraped past the post, with Esson left glaring at him.

The defence, in my opinion, has not gelled in any way and lacks spirit. This spirit was or rather the lack of spirit was displayed when Esson's super stop tumbled straight back to the onrushing players and was met by a more committed forward, for a goal to result, rather than our two defenders.

Foran was superb - the team never let their heads drop - our wee support must be the best in the SPL.

Come on Terry they deserve a win and a wee can-can!!!

I only saw last night's highlights on BBC but that superb goal by Hibs was virtually applauded by Blackman as he stood so far off his man and allowed him all the time in the world for the timing of the shot to be just right and it was right, as Esson was left with no chance.

Warren was lucky that the ball he left was not touched in by anyone and only scraped past the post, with Esson left glaring at him.

The defence, in my opinion, has not gelled in any way and lacks spirit. This spirit was or rather the lack of spirit was displayed when Esson's super stop tumbled straight back to the onrushing players and was met by a more committed forward, for a goal to result, rather than our two defenders.

Foran was superb - the team never let their heads drop - our wee support must be the best in the SPL.

Come on Terry they deserve a win and a wee can-can!!!

A bit unfair imo Absent Friend. Ok we werent great up till we were 2-0 down but the defence pulled themselves together after this and worked really hard as did Ryan Esson. Highlights dont show everything. Personally I think Warren is coming on nicely. He seems a leader on the park and is starting to build a partnership with Meekings whom I also rate. This team is starting to gel and if you had been there on saturday you would have seen team spirit in action! A win is not far away I am sure of it.

• Agree 4

ooooft

Theres no pleasing some folk. It was your mate Johan Meekings who lifted his leg. Great judgement to leave it so close.

By your own admission you only saw the highlights and as ocg said that does not give the full picture........ you, my friend, were absent.

A well deserved point in my opinion and could even have been all three. Chin up mun.

• Agree 3